• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lord of the Trolls
Who is your top suspect right now? Same question to @Mr. Resetti and @Mr. Saturn since we haven't heard much from you two on the aftermath of the Vulpix lynch and further reads as a result. And in the case of that mole, we haven't heard much of an opinion period.

I find it strange that nobody has defended the troll in the slightest, just like with Vulpix. He already has 3/8 votes + Alucard finding him suspicious last phase and I was going to add my own until I saw how big the majority was. 5/8 people suspecting him and not even a subtle defense from anyone... I'm no stranger to seeing scapegoating, and I wonder if that is what scum is doing here with Lord of the Trolls in letting him take all the heat. And I'm not ready to add to the fire just yet because of that.
You allowed to copy & paste that or... did I miss that in the rules... in which case... forget the idea. Bit weird though, that you two were intertwined with your roles and Vulpix didn't try to reach out to you when they were getting pelted with votes.
Rule number 8 sounds like I can't share since it was a host-started communication, but even though Vulpix didn't reach out, if they had I still probably would not have done much since there was no reason for me to explicitly trust them as just a "neighbor."

Honestly, I don't put it past the Council to have one neighbor be town and the other be mafia. It sounds like just the kind of troll maneuver they would pull.

Aren't you--uh, kind of saying that Roy is pretty much mafia then or am I interpreting this wrong...
It's hard to say for sure. Everyone's files are classified. But like you humans say I feel it in my gut. Or, at least, I have a suspicion based on meta thinking. It's just as likely wrong as it is right.

Honestly, I don't put it past the Council to have one neighbor be town and the other be mafia. It sounds like just the kind of troll maneuver they would pull.
Discounting any other factors and the fact that I know I am clear, there would be a 50/50 chance for either alignment. I would like to believe that my behavior will make my alignment as town easy to see as the game continues, assuming I live long enough. I need to find out if any of the scum here are responsible for my friend in Central's death and may them pay, so I intend to take them down and prove that I am town in the process.

For that reason, I really want to hear from the people who haven't spoken this phase, because something feels off about the bandwagon on Troll to me.

Ok, no more Mr. Nice Mole.

I agree with Roy Mustard or whatever yer name is; this lynch so far is fishy. It stinks of mafia!
...sorta.

Now I don't necessarily believe Roy is town, no siree. He seemed too willing to let Vulpix get lynched. Even if he wasn't sure the other was a town neighbor-totally understandable-to be that willing to stand by and let it happen? If mafia, probably just saw an easy as pie lynch and let it happen.

I shoulda spoke up about the Vulpix lynch, but I wasn't exactly available. Old Reset center needed me and all that.

ANYWAY! Why would the Lord of the Trolls back off last minute if he was mafia? To take spotlight off him? That just attracted attention! And 'sides, it was an easy lynch for scum to jump on or heck, at the very least, let happen. Taking his vote off wouldn'ta done scum any favors. Make him look good, maybe? We see that it's done the opposite!

SO WHAT AM I DONG YOU ASK? What's the point of all this jabbering?!

Vote: Garrus Vakkarian

You voted Vulpix for a reason that wasn't exactly... eh, enough of a "good case", so to speak. And now you're awful quick to jump on Lord of the Trolls. Yer also awful vague. You point out there's a good chance there's not two town neighbors but you don't wanna take the actual plunge in really saying it one way or the other.

You don't believe he could have his own personal goals.
It's hard to say for sure. Everyone's files are classified. But like you humans say I feel it in my gut. Or, at least, I have a suspicion based on meta thinking. It's just as likely wrong as it is right.
You're sounding quite indecisive here.
For that reason, I really want to hear from the people who haven't spoken this phase, because something feels off about the bandwagon on Troll to me.
You don't believe it could just be a foolish mistake on his part?
ANYWAY! Why would the Lord of the Trolls back off last minute if he was mafia? To take spotlight off him? That just attracted attention! And 'sides, it was an easy lynch for scum to jump on or heck, at the very least, let happen. Taking his vote off wouldn'ta done scum any favors. Make him look good, maybe? We see that it's done the opposite!
Not quite. We killed a townie. The first ones to be persecuted are those that were part of the slaughter. Simple fact. So why would the enemy wish to join us under scrutiny being they would know if they were killing a villager or not. They have even more of a reason to avoid the situation than even a simple villager.

Now then. I do not doubt that that troll will be the finalist today unless something more comes to light, but as the man in blue said. We must hear more from others. No point in wasting daylight, as much of an annoyance it is.

So I'll become like our departed friend and follow the mole.

VOTE: Garrus Vakarian

I really am not a fan of indecisiveness. It makes things quite boring. As does such straight minded thinking. Opens up no possibilities.

There's a saying among humans.

bab2b30d3c92168660da70864d6700cb.jpg

Allow this old merc hunter to fill you on where he's shooting from. Because I've been hunted before. I've been pinned down in a building with every major merc gang in the Terminus Systems gunning for my head. I've fought the toughest Krogan in the galaxy to a draw. So when you vote for me, you'd better be packing incendiaries.

1. Vulpix's first vote was for Yellow Guy, a player who already had one vote against him right from the start. In fact, this was her first post. At the time we didn't know that she and Roy were neighbors so my assumption was that she was hurriedly jumping in aggresively. I have my suspicions that Roy might have asked her to vote with him to help rid the game of a town member very easily, given they had that shared connection from the beginning, but I don't have enough to say one way or the other. You'll note however that my first vote was against Roy, not against Vulpix. I only changed my mind later on when Vulpix became easily flipped. It looked to me like she was just trying to backpedal from an aggressive first vote. And, notably, Roy unvoted as well shortly thereafter.
  2. My suspicions of Lord of the Trolls stems from their own indecisiveness actually. By their own admission
    I'm just here to watch the carnage unfold and maybe add in a few witty comments every now and then
    . I'm more interested in applying pressure to see what kind of response we can get. I wouldn't call it an interogation so much as an interview.
  3. The only reason I'm indecisive about Roy is that my suspicion of him is purely for meta logic and that is a bad practice to have. He and Vulpix voted similarly and seemed to have been in sync. She turned out to be town, but the role PM still opened the suspicion that he was Mafia. That alone was odd to me. It's possible my gut is telling me the truth. Back when I was just a lowly C-sec grunt I cost us big time with the takedown of a notorious godfather. He played me right to the end and I have never wanted to repeat that mistake. But I need something to go on. Even Saren needed evidence against him before we could take him down. A wise Commander taught me that it's not about the results, but making sure you do it the right way.
I'm more than willing to perch up here in this balcony and survey the sights, and defend myself when necessary. I'm the #1 recommended squadmate to take against the Collectors after all. But I want to make one thing perfectly clear. I am on the hunt, but you don't get results from being a hothead quick shooter who jumps at everything that seems out of place. That's how you get good men, friends, brothers in arms killed.

Now, Alucard. I also noticed that you jumped on the Yellow Guy bandwagon yourself. But you were also quick to swing towards Vulpix. And now here you are jumping in to vote for me. You want to talk indecisive, look in a mirror. Wait, can you even see anything in it?

UNVOTE: Lord of the Trolls
VOTE: Alucard

VOTE: Mr. Saturn

I'm having serious second thoughts about Lord of the Trolls at this point, and I don't want to lose any more potential allies. For a refresher on why I'm ready to snap my finger toward Mr. Saturn, my reasons are pretty much the same as my thoughts last phase:
If I had to choose another likely suspect in addition to Lord of Trolls (who reminds me a bit too much of a homonculus I've run into for my tastes), I'd go with Mr. Saturn. While he did actually vote during the phase, I don't feel that his posts contained much useful information. I suppose the creature's reason for not defending Vulpix makes sense, but in that case it would be better to have pushed another lynch harder. Why not push for mine harder, given that he had voted me? Maybe he didn't truly want to lynch such a dashing man as myself and it was a joke, but I'm guessing not since he claimed I was "fearmongering" by thinking about possibilities for the inclusion of bastard mechanics (which I believe is a reasonable thing to bring up as a precaution, since you never know what horrors are hiding in plain sight) rather than talking about scum exclusively. And even then, after his vote, he didn't really say anything further about me. So then why stand by idly and let a supposed gut townread be lynched rather than advocate a different one?

Also, @Garrus Vakarian I can see why you're suspicious of me, but the fact of the matter is that Vulpix and I barely spoke to each other. All we had was greetings. Without being able to post the QT I have no proof and I know that, but I'm not the type to turn my back on someone I think I can trust. And unfortunately, I didn't think I could trust Vulpix after seeing her quick jump to add a 3rd vote to Yellow Guy and her lackluster responses to questioning. I had hoped she was really scum, since that would mean one enemy down and it would pretty much confirm me as town and thus narrow down the list of suspects. There's really nothing more I can say about what happened to my neighbor as I've explained my actions thoroughly.

Now, Alucard. I also noticed that you jumped on the Yellow Guy bandwagon yourself. But you were also quick to swing towards Vulpix. And now here you are jumping in to vote for me. You want to talk indecisive, look in a mirror. Wait, can you even see anything in it?

UNVOTE: Lord of the Trolls
VOTE: Alucard
alucard-laughing-o.gif

Come now really? If you are going to vote me, at least find something new on me, and not something I've already explained. And jumping on you? Hardly. You are my first vote today and most likely won't be my last. I merely want to get everyone to speak as much as I can. Which I thought I made very clear upon voting you, but it would seem you have hearing issues. I suggest removing that helmet, it might help to improve your hearing.

Now then let's see who else we can get to speak up more. I guess I'll follow the one in blue. I like his reasoning and I do want to hear more from the strange creature.

UNVOTE: Garrus Vakarian
VOTE: Mr. Saturn

Mr. Indecisive keeps jumping on bandwagons.
Is that all you have to say? Did you go back and re-read what I said? And considering you unvoted the troll can i assume you no long believe he is our enemy?

Yes, you're bandwagon voting because you "want others to speak up".

I unvoted the Troll because there is no point on scoping the interviewee when you've found someone better.

From what we've heard from Saturn, he's a strange little dude-- make a good drinking buddy probably-- he seems to be attempting to be reasonably helpful in a cryptic but still understandable way. Assuming Saturn comes in and follows through with what he said he'd do, he at least gave a good enough reason for wanting to vote Troll lord. Idk I just wouldn't feel as good about voting Saturn rather than Troll. Gives me a bad vibe.

From what we've heard from Saturn, he's a strange little dude-- make a good drinking buddy probably-- he seems to be attempting to be reasonably helpful in a cryptic but still understandable way. Assuming Saturn comes in and follows through with what he said he'd do, he at least gave a good enough reason for wanting to vote Troll lord. Idk I just wouldn't feel as good about voting Saturn rather than Troll. Gives me a bad vibe.
And feelings on others?

It's been almost 12 hours without a response. I think we should work under the assumption that the Reapers wiped everyone out.

And feelings on others?
Sorry I conked out, then reread the thread, and voila here we are.

Okay just to make a quick timeline of things that happened Day 1 (hell it'll probably help me out so just. yeah) mixed in with my thoughts...

Day 1:
Alucard waltzs in, votes Mareep (not serious, a rather tame joke vote and it's an obvious one).
Self proclaimed pretty boy Roy is second to vote, takes a jab at puppets, then proceeds to vote our puppet buddy Yellow guy (a joke vote).
Yellow puppet guy claims vanilla as a defense against this one vote. Or at least that's how this looks. Bit of a whacky thing to do but it happened, it so happened.
Saturn comes in, joke votes angry mole Resetti. Prefers to say nothing about the vanilla claim? Had nothing to say about it? Hm. Ok
Here comes Vulpix, who along with Roy, votes Yellow guy. When looking back on this, it does seem kind of weird that two neighbors vote the same person and-- according to them-- had not consulted the other about it. Like what are the odds of that. @Roy Mustang you absolutely positive you're telling the truth about just 'greeting' each other in your QT.
Yellow guy votes Vulpix. Begins to worry about the votes. Little did he know two neighbors were voting him. Dun dun dun.
Alucard marches in, decides the Yellow puppet guy wagon looks fun and jumps right on, promptly voting him too.
Garrus posts, is the first to acknowledge Yellow guy's vanilla claim (expresses doubt on it?), then votes Roy as a joke vote.
Angry mole arrives, warns Saturn for voting him, disappears.
Troll Lord is here and votes Vulpix, but not as a joke from what I can tell being that he says "shooting fire at someone when greeting them is suspicious" but he's also a troll lord so like. ok. Either way his unvote so late still strikes me as prettty suspicious.
Alucard thinks Vulpix is bloodthirsty, votes Vulpix instead of Yellow guy.
Vulpix unvotes Yellow guy, claims it was a joke and nothing more.
Roy follows, and Yellow guy then unvotes Vulpix.
Saturns comes back, accuses Roy of fear mongering, votes him, and leaves us all with some questions.
Garrus decides Vulpix seems scummy, votes.

Speaking of Saturn, he did mention the fear mongering thing again so it wasn't just like a one time brought up ordeal so I'm still thinking a case against Saturn is a pretty shallow one if there is one.

Sorry I conked out, then reread the thread, and voila here we are.

Okay just to make a quick timeline of things that happened Day 1 (hell it'll probably help me out so just. yeah) mixed in with my thoughts...

Day 1:
Alucard waltzs in, votes Mareep (not serious, a rather tame joke vote and it's an obvious one).
Self proclaimed pretty boy Roy is second to vote, takes a jab at puppets, then proceeds to vote our puppet buddy Yellow guy (a joke vote).
Yellow puppet guy claims vanilla as a defense against this one vote. Or at least that's how this looks. Bit of a whacky thing to do but it happened, it so happened.
Saturn comes in, joke votes angry mole Resetti. Prefers to say nothing about the vanilla claim? Had nothing to say about it? Hm. Ok
Here comes Vulpix, who along with Roy, votes Yellow guy. When looking back on this, it does seem kind of weird that two neighbors vote the same person and-- according to them-- had not consulted the other about it. Like what are the odds of that. @Roy Mustang you absolutely positive you're telling the truth about just 'greeting' each other in your QT.
Yellow guy votes Vulpix. Begins to worry about the votes. Little did he know two neighbors were voting him. Dun dun dun.
Alucard marches in, decides the Yellow puppet guy wagon looks fun and jumps right on, promptly voting him too.
Garrus posts, is the first to acknowledge Yellow guy's vanilla claim (expresses doubt on it?), then votes Roy as a joke vote.
Angry mole arrives, warns Saturn for voting him, disappears.
Troll Lord is here and votes Vulpix, but not as a joke from what I can tell being that he says "shooting fire at someone when greeting them is suspicious" but he's also a troll lord so like. ok. Either way his unvote so late still strikes me as prettty suspicious.
Alucard thinks Vulpix is bloodthirsty, votes Vulpix instead of Yellow guy.
Vulpix unvotes Yellow guy, claims it was a joke and nothing more.
Roy follows, and Yellow guy then unvotes Vulpix.
Saturns comes back, accuses Roy of fear mongering, votes him, and leaves us all with some questions.
Garrus decides Vulpix seems scummy, votes.

Speaking of Saturn, he did mention the fear mongering thing again so it wasn't just like a one time brought up ordeal so I'm still thinking a case against Saturn is a pretty shallow one if there is one.

I think you have things out of order. Was I not the third or fourth to vote the firefox. And I don't quite remember anyone save for the troll unvoting him.

As for @Mr. Saturn It is as good as any reason being he doesn't seem interested enough to refute the blue one's claim. @Lord of the Trolls likewise is not refuting anyone either. Being quiet has nothing good to it.

I didn't include myself in there, but I voted after Troll lord, then you voted, so yeah that'd make you about the fourth to vote at that time. Yellow puppet did unvote Vulpix

The proof is in the pudding said:
Unvote: BlazingVulpix

I welcome the cop to check me although it might be a waste of a check (atleast to me, but then again, I know what I am so maybe it won't be a waste.)

And yes I agree with the vanilla over cop when it comes to dying which is why I mentioned claiming maybe wasn't the best thing to do.
How much time is left in this phase btw because there's at least probably still sufficient time to hear from Saturn. I personally wouldn't feel right voting him, but I don't have like concrete evidence or anything of him being totally trustworthy so it's all in my gut here at this point.

For the record, Detective, my vote against Roy in the beginning was no joke. The band wagon on Yellow so early in the game did not sit well with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom