• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

They're still feminine looking regardless of how they get that pink colouring. My point is, animals and their appearance, genetic or otherwise, don't have to fit human gender norms because they don't have a concept of that.

And there's plenty of animals that flip gender norms besides flamingos ;)
So.. you might as well say all birds look feminine. Heck, even cats look feminine. I don't see your point there.

However you saying that some animals do change genders throughout their life cycles is a good argument

So.. you might as well say all birds look feminine. Heck, even cats look feminine. I don't see your point there.

However you saying that some animals do change genders throughout their life cycles is a good argument

That's exactly my point though. Animals can look masculine or feminine and be any sex, because they arguably don't even have a sense of gender in the first place, never mind human gender.

Female Machop line, female Seedot line, Male, Bellossom, Male Lopunny and Buneary, male Skitty line, female Infernape, female Poliwrath, female Blaziken, male Milotic, male Glameow line, female Embore and pignight, female Darantan, female Tumbber line, male Gothita line, hemale Zoroark, and female Scafty line all says hi and no one comaplains about then and now people are Bironne. If you never complained about the Pokemon mentioned and then you started complaining about Pokemon gender mixups now even though Pokemon having genders since generation two.
A lot of these are rather subjective. I'll admit, most do seem more geared toward one gender, but a lot are just personal taste, really. To me, Blaziken actually seems more of a feminine Pokémon. I guess when you consider its origin in cockfighting male would make more sense, but I've always thought it looks feminine. And nothing's wrong with that. You also mention some odd ones like glameow and poliwrath. These ones I didn't really think stuck out as either gender, and skitty really only seems girlish because of the pink color.

No, I think the problem with Brionne is that it is closer to those ones like gardevoir, gothitelle, and machoke. They are essentially wearing gender-specific clothes, something which makes it a lot harder to see past any gender stereotypes. Like, if they wanted machoke to not look so masculine, it could be wearing a similar piece of black clothing over its chest (at least on the female version). Similarly, I think it looks like Brionne is wearing a dress, a piece of clothing typically associated with females. And therefore it comes off as a "girly" Pokémon. I don't have a problem with that myself, I just wanted to point out how some of your examples work and why I think some don't...

I've got a shot little theory on Torracat's evolution.

It might gain the ground typing because 'torracat' is just one alphabet away from 'terracat'.

But it may gain the fighting Type as...
Pokemon Sun Moon English Site said:
The cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!

What do you think?

I've got a shot little theory on Torracat's evolution.

It might gain the ground typing because 'torracat' is just one alphabet away from 'terracat'.

But it may gain the fighting Type as...

What do you think?

I think it'll get Dark Type due to its appearance and

The leaked final evo which seems to be a heel, or 'evil' wrestler.

Was there this much hate when Braixen was revealed? There's so much entitlement in the Pokémon community, it's ridiculous. There's Pokémon for everyone's tastes, the Pokémon Company doesn't exist to cater to guys specifically. Why guys can't bear the thought of a more feminine Pokémon is beyond me. It's not even like you have to choose it if you don't want to. I've read nasty slurs pretty much everywhere, I've seen people say they won't play the game... I've even seen guys say that the frills on Brionne's dress purposefully look like breasts like it's some kind of conspiracy against them. It's absolutely okay not to like a Pokémon's design but do we really have to be so bitter about everything? The funny thing is that the same people that keep posting triggered memes and accusing others of being special snowflakes that get offended by everything are the ones that can't handle when the world doesn't cater to their ridiculously fragile masculinity. It's the same with the 'emo bird'. Why do people have to label and make fun of and criticize literally everything? I've been playing Pokémon since I was 6 and to me it has always been about the necessity of kindness and compassion. /rant

I love Dartrix, I think it's really clever. At this point the concept art leaks are pretty much undeniably true so I think the progression from Dartrix to the archer is really clever since it seems to be following Robin Hood's story and going from an aristocratic-like figure to an outlaw.

Torracat is my least favorite out of the three but I really like its Pokédex entry. I love how much they are exploring each species' personalities and habits this generation. Its robust front legs make me thing of Naga from Legend of Korra!

Brionne is my favorite. I'd just like to see more poses/emotions in-game, it's seems very one-dimentional.

Was there this much hate when Braixen was revealed? There's so much entitlement in the Pokémon community, it's ridiculous. There's Pokémon for everyone's tastes, the Pokémon Company doesn't exist to cater to guys specifically. Why guys can't bear the thought of a more feminine Pokémon is beyond me. It's not even like you have to choose it if you don't want to. I've read nasty slurs pretty much everywhere, I've seen people say they won't play the game... I've even seen guys say that the frills on Brionne's dress purposefully look like breasts like it's some kind of conspiracy against them. It's absolutely okay not to like a Pokémon's design but do we really have to be so bitter about everything? The funny thing is that the same people that keep posting triggered memes and accusing others of being special snowflakes that get offended by everything are the ones that can't handle when the world doesn't cater to their ridiculously fragile masculinity. It's the same with the 'emo bird'. Why do people have to label and make fun of and criticize literally everything? I've been playing Pokémon since I was 6 and to me it has always been about the necessity of kindness and compassion. /rant

I love Dartrix, I think it's really clever. At this point the concept art leaks are pretty much undeniably true so I think the progression from Dartrix to the archer is really clever since it seems to be following Robin Hood's story and going from an aristocratic-like figure to an outlaw.

Torracat is my least favorite out of the three but I really like its Pokédex entry. I love how much they are exploring each species' personalities and habits this generation. Its robust front legs make me thing of Naga from Legend of Korra!

Brionne is my favorite. I'd just like to see more poses/emotions in-game, it's seems very one-dimentional.

I don't care if it's a girl.Brionne is my favorite out of all of them. Maybe i wasn't clear.I'm just saying keep it female. Don't go from what could either be a boy or a girl in popplio to what most likely is going to be 100& girl in brionne.

They even put girl eyelashes on it so don't tell me that it could be a boy. They want to emphasize that it's a girl because it's most likely going to evolve into a siren or mermaid. Now I don't know about you... but I haven't heard about any guy sirens or mermaids. Now you can call it sexism if you want. But you know it's going to be really awkward if it's a male brionne and it has a dress and girl eyelashes. Just keep it female.

My comment wasn't targeted at you, Jonathan, I haven't been following this discussion here! But last time I checked, though, I have eyelashes too, haha.

A note on the use of the word 'feminine':

We see that Brionne's design is often critized as being 'too feminine'. It's fine if you don't like Brionne's design, but please don't use the word 'feminine' in a negative way or imply that a male being feminine is somehow bad or wrong.

A note on the use of the word 'feminine':

We see that Brionne's design is often critized as being 'too feminine'. It's fine if you don't like Brionne's design, but please don't use the word 'feminine' in a negative way or imply that a male being feminine is somehow bad or wrong.
I'm not using feminine in a bad way. I'm saying that brionne is feminine because it looks like a girl. Which it does

Back
Top Bottom