• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, hello! Welcome to my castle! It is I, the Count, your official vote tallier here to bring you the tally of the day!
Apologies for my recent absense, but I needed to take a trip to Transylvania, as my Uncle Uno was feeling a little down for the count.

Anyway, let's get to the counting!

Lord of the Trolls: Two! Two Votes! (Adam Stanheight, Yellow Guy)
Garrus Vakarian: One! One Vote! (Mr. Resetti)
Alucard.: One! One Vote! (Garrus Vakarian)
Mr. Saturn: Two! Two Votes! (Roy Mustang, Alucard.)

The phase will end in approximately 18 hours and 15 minutes, depending on how punctual Zexilina is.

AH AH AH AH AH!!!
*thunderclaps*

For the record, Detective, my vote against Roy in the beginning was no joke. The band wagon on Yellow so early in the game did not sit well with me.
Ok but if it was a serious vote then why pick Roy, whose was probably a joke vote (unless it wasn't which would be some pretty important news), but not either Vulpix or Alucard or myself who also voted Yellow puppet guy after the wagon started?

Ok but if it was a serious vote then why pick Roy, whose was probably a joke vote (unless it wasn't which would be some pretty important news), but not either Vulpix or Alucard or myself who also voted Yellow puppet guy after the wagon started?
I am quite curious to this as well. The first voter usually seems the least suspicious of them all. And here we are once again with Garrus saying he does not trust Roy. Yet he's not voting today.

Also it would seem I misread some of your post earlier Mr. Stanheight. Apologies for that.

It's a bit frustrating that both both of the majority votes right now haven't spoken up at all this phase when we have less than 24 hours to come to a decision...
Here comes Vulpix, who along with Roy, votes Yellow guy. When looking back on this, it does seem kind of weird that two neighbors vote the same person and-- according to them-- had not consulted the other about it. Like what are the odds of that. @Roy Mustang you absolutely positive you're telling the truth about just 'greeting' each other in your QT.
There are were only 10 people/animals/creatures here to begin with, so I don't see why it's so strange that we voted for Yellow Guy. It was not a planned act, and I can assure you that I never said a word in that QT after my initial hello, much less any kind of persuasion to vote Yellow Guy. It's possible that Vulpix followed my vote just because we were neighbors, but whatever the reason, that was solely Vulpix's decision.
Speaking of Saturn, he did mention the fear mongering thing again so it wasn't just like a one time brought up ordeal so I'm still thinking a case against Saturn is a pretty shallow one if there is one.
But he never pushed it hard; if he truly had a gut feeling that Vulpix was town, then it makes no sense to not try to push an alternative lynch harder to try to save the person you townread while also trying to lynch someone you don't. It's awfully easy to say later on that "boing, Vulpix wasn't threatening" to look good when he had voted me and made little-to-no effort to save his gut townread. Even aside from that - while I may be biased because it concerns me - his "fearmongering" reason is a bit ridiculous, in my humble opinion. If speculating on setup and the reasons that may explain why this game is explicitly stated to contain bastard mechanics is considered scummy, then yes, I suppose I am the scummiest alchemist this side of Kimblee . But I see no downside to doing so when it doesn't prevent scumhunting nor would it really affect our objective of eliminating all of our opposition (as cult or scum... both would need to go down).
For the record, Detective, my vote against Roy in the beginning was no joke. The band wagon on Yellow so early in the game did not sit well with me.
When I voted, there was no bandwagon because I was the very first vote on that puppet. So I also don't see how that vote made sense if it really wasn't a joke.

I should point out that I did switch my vote to the more suspicious Vulpix. I have never been a fan of joke votes and every time I investigate a situation I do so seriously. If you vote I will count it. If you don't mean it, don't put someone's life on the line.

Unless you choose to hide, to move your vote is a simple task.

We are at a tie and before the end of the phase, the question is which creature should we lynch? Neither is responding and the reasons for votes are probably around equal, at least in my view.

Maybe they've gone like Sidonis and are in hiding. I hear there's a a guy on the Citadel, a criminal they call Fade who can help people disappear.

Maybe they've gone like Sidonis and are in hiding. I hear there's a a guy on the Citadel, a criminal they call Fade who can help people disappear.
Are you implying that our enemy kidnapped them? That would make no sense. How would they manage that?

Roy Mustang said:
There are were only 10 people/animals/creatures here to begin with, so I don't see why it's so strange that we voted for Yellow Guy. It was not a planned act, and I can assure you that I never said a word in that QT after my initial hello, much less any kind of persuasion to vote Yellow Guy. It's possible that Vulpix followed my vote just because we were neighbors, but whatever the reason, that was solely Vulpix's decision.
Alright that seems a bit more likely now that you've brought it to light. That's probably how it went down, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here..... for now.... but I got my eye on you.

But he never pushed it hard; if he truly had a gut feeling that Vulpix was town, then it makes no sense to not try to push an alternative lynch harder to try to save the person you townread while also trying to lynch someone you don't.
Well when you put it that way it sounds pretty damn bad on his part actually. I'm gonna need to do another reread of this thread, can you believe this? I can't.

If speculating on setup and the reasons that may explain why this game is explicitly stated to contain bastard mechanics is considered scummy, then yes, I suppose I am the scummiest alchemist this side of Kimblee . But I see no downside to doing so when it doesn't prevent scumhunting nor would it really affect our objective of eliminating all of our opposition (as cult or scum... both would need to go down).
Dunno what a Kimblee is but it sounds pretty god-awful. Mmm you raise a compelling point there, it did say that didn't it. And truthfully there's really nothing fearmongery about discussing the setup because I mean hell if anything it's more helpful probably. Speaking of, in a game of this size, there's probably zero to no chance of anyone being aligned with themselves right that'd be weird wouldn't it.

Garrus Vakarian said:
I should point out that I did switch my vote to the more suspicious Vulpix. I have never been a fan of joke votes and every time I investigate a situation I do so seriously. If you vote I will count it. If you don't mean it, don't put someone's life on the line.
Shit that is cutthroat. I mean I still find it kind of mmmm questionable to choose Roy when there were others aplenty but I guess... there was a reason..?

And oh fuck Alucard's right ok well

UNVOTE: Lord of the Trolls.

To untie the votes and because at this point I'm feeling pretty ok about either one of them. I really hope one of our suspects arrives and starts talkin sometime soon because the lamp is on and it is hot.

Night 2 start

"Boom! Zing! Ding! Dakota!"
"This thing is annoying; let's just send it to Dakota and hope it never comes back."

Dear Mr. Saturn, you have the Post Restriction. You have to erratically use the words "boing", "ding", "zoom" and "Dakota" in your sentences. Using strange fonts would be appreciated. Other than that, you are a regular Vanilla Townie with just a vote, so please use it wisely.

You are allied with the Town and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive.
Mr. Saturn was lynched. They were the Town Post Restriction.

It is now Night 2. It will end in 24 hours or earlier if all night actions are sent in.

Aw dammit, sorry Saturn. How many sucks does it take to actually hit mafia. @Lord of the Trolls I'm putting you in the hotspot and asking for some of your thoughts thus far now gimme that good stuff pal.

Garrus Vakarian said:
So what are the odds now that Yellow is actually another vanilla?
Pretty high I'd say.

I really can't protect anyone... I'm sorry, Mr. Saturn. I'll shoulder this burden of guilt in the hope that I can help right this wrong next phase if I'm still alive then. But his death may not be in vain; Garrus's observation about this confirmed vanilla vs. Yellow Guy's claimed vanilla may provide us a valuable lead.

@Yellow Guy
Are you really simply vanilla? No other aspect to the role?

Pretty high I'd say.
We've seen neighbors and a lightning rod death earlier, and now a confirmed vanilla. Why do you think the odds favor there being more vanillas for town? Mr. Saturn was considered "the Town Post Restriction" even as his role PM called him a Vanilla Townie, so what do you think about that existing while also having apparently a regular vanilla claim?

So what are the odds now that Yellow is actually another vanilla?
Is this all you have to say? I would still like to hear from you about this:
This would imply silencing considering we were discussing the silence of the top two votees. It is very clear that it was not Saturns role restriction preventing him from speaking. So do you believe the two were silenced. I believe you may have mentioned it once earlier before this post too. What does this mean?

I really can't protect anyone... I'm sorry, Mr. Saturn. I'll shoulder this burden of guilt in the hope that I can help right this wrong next phase if I'm still alive then. But his death may not be in vain; Garrus's observation about this confirmed vanilla vs. Yellow Guy's claimed vanilla may provide us a valuable lead.

@Yellow Guy
Are you really simply vanilla? No other aspect to the role?

We've seen neighbors and a lightning rod death earlier, and now a confirmed vanilla. Why do you think the odds favor there being more vanillas for town? Mr. Saturn was considered "the Town Post Restriction" even as his role PM called him a Vanilla Townie, so what do you think about that existing while also having apparently a regular vanilla claim?
I am just vanilla. Nothing extra about my role that I haven't said already. I thought that was the worst role I could get but I suppose post restriction was the worst.

I am just vanilla. Nothing extra about my role that I haven't said already. I thought that was the worst role I could get but I suppose post restriction was the worst.
It wasn't restricting him though so it isn't that bad.

As for this subject of vanillas. I don't think the puppet is lying. Small games should never have too many PRs as they would break the game.

@Roy Mustang I think it's highly likely because I'm also a vanilla. Unfortunately. I had actually told this to Yellow puppet guy privately like... in the night I think? Whenever it was, anyway, and I told him privately because I was nervous about stating it in thread thinking it might seem suspicious of me to claim vanilla like right out of the blue and due to the fact another one was out in the open claiming it but since it's come to light that there's probably three of us and that's not so strange in a game this size (assumedly)(makes the 'I don't know grunt') I better just say it out here so if there's a doc they... with a heavy heart I say this... don't protect me.

But moving on from my vanilla claim, it's making me hungry for vanilla wafers or something, Alucard is making me really question our boy Garrus. Is he insinuating that there's some kind of silencer out there or something because that seems pretty slim considering the size of the game? Like I don't know. I could very well be wrong, someone tell me if this seems really off, but it just seems like it'd be.

Okay, no one here has heard the story of how Shepard and I took down Fade? Can't make a reference to anything these days....

So we have one confirmed (now dead) vanilla with a post restriction and two regular claimed vanillas with no extra abilities? I really find that hard to believe.

The War Room Mods will assign a role for your submitted character, and align them according to said role.

Give me better excuses. There's 0% chance of three vanilla roles in a game based around ourselves. You don't need a Quarian Engineer to calculate that.

Day 3 start

Garrus Vakarian was found dead the next morning. They knew too much...

Dear Garrus Vakarian, you are the 1x Cop. Once in the game, during the night phase, you can select a person and learn their alignment.

You are allied with the Town and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive.
Garrus Vakarian was killed. They were the Town 1x Cop

Apologies for the delay in updating. Update time pushed an hour further.
It is now Day 3. It will last 48 hours (and 8 minutes).
This may be the last day phase of the game.

With such weak roles I believe I just can't see lies about vanillas.

VOTE:Lord of trolls

Been inactive for over the allowed time and still in. Maybe active in the mafia QT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom