• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Roy Mustang (Hi dad) I mean, it is possible it's actually from inactivity. And you are right, the only logical person to go for would be Alucard if we really think it was from inactivity. I would like to hear what he's got to say though in regards to this.

Okay slow down!

For starters I was more than active enough during the night phase, and sent in my action to protect Garrus during that night phase. Logic behind it: I figured either they would kill Roy so that Garrus would be the remaining townie and lead a lynch on me-or they would kill Garrus to frame me out of worry. I figured the latter would be the more likely case due to the fact that Roy is-no offense-more flippy floppy.

I wasn't on during the day phase because I was busy doing my job of killing ghouls, which can be quite exhausting so I was passing out after I finished daily.

And speaking of my job: I am the servant and protector of my master Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing. It is in my duty to protect her, even if it costs my life. Which I would guess is why I cannot protect myself. And before you say bodyguard would make sense-it is not just her who I protect. I protect all of you pathetic humans, and puppets, and whatever else from the threat of vampires out there. My job is to protect humans from the world of vampires. That is what an agent of Hellsing does. Protects humans from vampires. We eliminate the threats, and attempt to save those being attacked. And being a special kind of vampire myself-it makes sense that my life would not so easily be lost whilst protecting others from enemies.

Did I miss answering anything else? Or do I need to clarify something for all of you?

Oh and while again this is just words, I asked D2 who you preferred to kill, and I repeat if Trolls had not been unvoted then I would have changed my vote to him to assure a lynch. I also was ready to lynch him, or rater the old woman D3. Not once did I ever say the role is town, and I considered it a highly likely scum role from N1. Call that distancing if you want.

Now then anything else that I missed?

Why's that? There seems to be some doubt as far as Alucard goes and whatnot and truthfully I'd love to just see him pop up in thread to clear that up because it kinda makes it difficult to just blindly trust him but I'm also more inclined to believe him rather than not because... well... it makes sense. What with what happened and all. Plus I can see him thinking I was cop D1 and choosing to protect me N1 due to that fact (still deserves a shout out for that thanks man).

For one thing doctor is easy to fake. For another, a 2x doc is still bizarre to me. Why 2? Why does the cop only have 1 and doc gets 2? Docs usually protect cops, right? In a game like this with so many supposed vanillas, it doesn't feel right.

Is it allowed for you to explain your ability more? Do you know if your phase reset would reset the abilities used during the effected phase? Or is that not mentioned at all in your role PM?

Ah well. it says that any abilities used that phase would be reset. So I suppose it means that if Alucard did use it that last phase (which he says he did I think) then yesiree he woulda gotten that ability back. So protectin' Garrus isn't odd or nothin'.

Mr. Resetti said:
For one thing doctor is easy to fake. For another, a 2x doc is still bizarre to me. Why 2? Why does the cop only have 1 and doc gets 2? Docs usually protect cops, right? In a game like this with so many supposed vanillas, it doesn't feel right.
Well there's only like 10 of us here and I can see the doc getting more than the cop in a situation like this just because of that fact it seems more evened out to me but I'll just throw my hands up right now and say that I wouldn't know anymore about that than the rest of you. Like the cop can check someone and get that back and an answer is there boom, but the doc can use their ability and depending on who they used it on, nothing might not happen because voila it might've been the wrong person they decided to use it on because bang someone died anyway. So just because of that fact I can see why the doc would have 2x rather than the cop.

Ahhg I need to really think about this because I'm still not trusting Yellow puppet guy. I'm not exactly given convincing reasons to. Of course to his defense like there's not a fuck ton for him to defend himself with like such is the pain of being a vanilla.... OR so he claims he is. But now I gotta think about this with Alucard, but admittedly I'm just more inclined to trust Alucard because what he's saying makes sense really, like how his ability fits and stuff. And could mafia really have just forgotten/been so inactive to put in a kill? That seems so. Much less.... likely. Uuuuugh! This is too damn much here, someone play calming sounds of the ocean or something.

What would even be the point in protecting me? The mafia had already killed me, and then I undied. At this point the smart thing would be for them to leave me alone and find someone more valuable who hadn't already used their action. I am actually functionally a vanilla at this point.

What would even be the point in protecting me? The mafia had already killed me, and then I undied. At this point the smart thing would be for them to leave me alone and find someone more valuable who hadn't already used their action. I am actually functionally a vanilla at this point.
I was thinking because you would be just one more confirmed person-- like it'd be between you and Roy. Alucard could've been a choice too I guess since he said he was doc and you'd think mafia would realize that with the phase reset and all then he'd get his protect back for the night n'all... so hm. Maybe it is actually more likely that mafia really was just inactive and forgot to put in a kill. Idk, I'm honestly still perplexed by their first N1 kill on the sheep (we hardly knew ye). Making some strange moves here.

Also someone may have asked this already and I could've missed it but was Resetti's ability a 1x?

And exactly who would that be. Those with active roles were me, you, mareep, resetti, and mafia. Mareep is dead, you used your action n1, resettie used his, and mafia isn't going to kill mafia. I'm under too much fire for them to care, and I can't protect myself anyways. So who am I going to protect? Mafia? It's a matter of trying to figure out who mafia planned on killing this way we get more leeway. And now we do, especially in the case of possible mislynch.

And on me being 2x and cop being 1x. My ability has a higher chance of failing. It also does not give information since for all we know the mafia was inactive. Though if you need some special reason for me to be a 2x, then maybe it is because I can convert others to be vampires like me. And no I am not a converter clearly otherwise the game would be over. Point is if one is a virgin I can convert them into my little follower, and maybe it is due to that, and the fact that I have Seras my little cop that I got two time. I just believe it is more likely though that I am two time because doc is that different from cop.

Alright then. I'll bite, pardon the pun. Who do YOU think is the last mafia member then based on role and abilities known?

Alright then. I'll bite, pardon the pun. Who do YOU think is the last mafia member then based on role and abilities known?
Honestly I don't know.

I do not doubt yours or Roy's alignment, but that is all.

I still don't trust the mole because I still do not like that he waited until we forced him to use his ability. It also doubled as pushing back the lynch on the old woman. Though I may just be overthinking things.

In the end I would think that due to that logic it has to be one of the vanillas. Which would make sense considering so far we have a pretty weak town compared to mafia who had a JOAT, and who knows what else. It is also admittedly strange that the only truly confirmed vanilla had a post restriction, and yet the puppet does not and nor does the other. Add on that the neighbors are basically vanilla as well due to the fact that let's face it: If you're neighbors then you cannot trust your partner right away. At that point and considering everything else now, it does start becoming strange to have two normal vanillas.

Day 4 start

Mr. Resetti was gone and someone left a message: "NO MORE RESETS PLS KTHNXBAI"

Dear Mr. Resetti, you are the 1x Phase Resetter. Once in the game, during the day phase (but not Day 1!) you may use this ability; upon doing so (in Day X), the day phase will end without a lynch, any players killed the previous night phase will be revived, and any X-shot roles wasted the previous night phase will be returned. The update will state that it is now Night X-1, who will unfold again.

You are allied with the Town and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive.
Mr. Resetti was killed. They were the Town 1x Phase Resetter.

It is now Day 4. It will end in 48 hours or sooner if a HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 5 players alive, 4 are needed for a HYPER-MAJORITY.

Ok that legit sucks. Remember when I said I contacted another player about Adam? Well that player was Mr. Resetti. I contacted him around the time most people were leaning on scum with him. Contacted him and took the risk because at the time, there was no one else that I though I could trust. And I thought I could trust him the most. I can copy and paste our PMs if that's what you guys would like.

Also, I am extremely confident in lynching Adam now. Mr resetti died and he was one of the people who were questioning Adam the most in this chat. Don't remember if he stated that he found Adam suspicious in the thread but he did say he was strange in our PM convo.
Plus, he was on the Vulpix wagon, and unvoted Lord (who was scum) to vote Mr. Saturn (who was town) and only voted Wendy when it was pretty clear she was going to get lynched anyway.
Vote: Adamstanheight
If anyone has anymore questions for me to answer, I'd be glad to answer them.

Sure!

Me: Hello! I really am a vanilla. And with the revelation of Mr. Saturn being a vanilla. I'd like to tell you that Adam Stanheight contacted me earlier in the day phase and claimed vanilla to me. I doubt there would be 3 vanillas in this game. And he's been buddying me almost the whole game and pmed me asking if I was really a vanilla and he even said he didn't want to ask in thread. Plus he was involved in both of the lynches. (He was on the Vulpix wagon, and he unvoted Lord which led to Mr. Saturn getting killed. He also asked if I had been in contact with anybody else. I'm really suspicious of him.

I'm telling you because for some reason, you're kind of my top town read. Nothing you did really seemed scummy (that might just be because you're not as active as the other players) but yeah, I figured I'd give it a shot because if I just said all of this info in thread, I'd feel like nobody will really believe me and this somehow can get turned around on me. Any ideas on what I should do?

Resetti: Alrighty, well first off; glad you feel you can trust me with this info.

That Adam Steinheight fellow is a strange one. His attitude seems honest enough, but it can't be denied that he unvoted Lord of the Trolls and voted Vulpix. The unvoting Lord of the Trolls things was pretty darn weird.

Still the neighbors are practically vanilla too. That means there's, what, five vanilla then? Can't tell if that makes the claim more believable or not. Could go either way.

When did you say he claimed to you? Like phase wise?

While we're at it, what're your feelings on Alucard? I'm particularly suspicious of him.

Me: I forgot which phase he did but I think it was the night I was having my quarrel with Alucard.
Speaking of Alucard, he is suspicious. I said I have a town read on him, but it's more null than anything. Maybe it's because what he's doing, I never really seen before, or it could be blatant scum play but yeah. He's a bit suspicious. Ugh, I have more scum reads than town reads and more scum reads than there are actual scum in the game.

Resetti:
I guess it was night 1 then. Gah, I just don't know my complete thoughts on him yet. This is complicated.

Yer telling me. At least we know Roy has to be town.

Alucard is very bloodthirsty. And at first I didn't see no problem with that but now that we've only got so many people left, it's sort of a problem.

And that was the last of them. That last message was sent Friday. And that was the last time we pmed. Other than Adam and Resetti, I haven't been in contact with anyone else.

Adam Stanheight said:
Plus I can see him thinking I was cop D1 and choosing to protect me N1 due to that fact (still deserves a shout out for that thanks man).
Why exactly would you have seemed like a likely cop and thus make sense as the N1 protect?
For starters I was more than active enough during the night phase, and sent in my action to protect Garrus during that night phase. Logic behind it: I figured either they would kill Roy so that Garrus would be the remaining townie and lead a lynch on me-or they would kill Garrus to frame me out of worry. I figured the latter would be the more likely case due to the fact that Roy is-no offense-more flippy floppy.
The fact that Resetti confirmed the abilities resetting (and his death confirmed it further) does make this more believable. And I can understand the logic of protecting Garrus over me. No offense taken, but you've got to be careful when dealing with fire, so I like to show some caution in holding too fast to my reads.
And speaking of my job: I am the servant and protector of my master Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing. It is in my duty to protect her, even if it costs my life. Which I would guess is why I cannot protect myself. And before you say bodyguard would make sense-it is not just her who I protect. I protect all of you pathetic humans, and puppets, and whatever else from the threat of vampires out there. My job is to protect humans from the world of vampires. That is what an agent of Hellsing does. Protects humans from vampires. We eliminate the threats, and attempt to save those being attacked. And being a special kind of vampire myself-it makes sense that my life would not so easily be lost whilst protecting others from enemies.
This description does make some sense, but there are probably many people here who could fit doctor if just wanting to protect others is all it takes. I try to protect my subordinates at all costs, so even I could have fit. Maybe some more research on my end is needed, though I thought I had read in the Central library that you have some animosity towards humans?
Oh and while again this is just words, I asked D2 who you preferred to kill, and I repeat if Trolls had not been unvoted then I would have changed my vote to him to assure a lynch. I also was ready to lynch him, or rater the old woman D3. Not once did I ever say the role is town, and I considered it a highly likely scum role from N1. Call that distancing if you want.
It's hard to think of this with any certainty when - as you say - it is just words. But I will keep it in mind when I reread through all of the events that have taken place so far.
Ok that legit sucks. Remember when I said I contacted another player about Adam? Well that player was Mr. Resetti. I contacted him around the time most people were leaning on scum with him. Contacted him and took the risk because at the time, there was no one else that I though I could trust. And I thought I could trust him the most. I can copy and paste our PMs if that's what you guys would like.
Why did you trust Mr. Resetti the most, of all people? Especially when you say that it was when he was under heavy suspcion? And what phase did this happen during exactly?

Additionally, could you add me to the conversation? I had asked the hosts about sharing private conversations a while ago, and they told me that you can even add people to the conversation if you want instead of copying and pasting. I see the copied conversation in the post below, but I'd really love to see it firsthand by being invited. I hate being left out of the fun.
Also, I am extremely confident in lynching Adam now. Mr resetti died and he was one of the people who were questioning Adam the most in this chat. Don't remember if he stated that he found Adam suspicious in the thread but he did say he was strange in our PM convo.
Plus, he was on the Vulpix wagon, and unvoted Lord (who was scum) to vote Mr. Saturn (who was town) and only voted Wendy when it was pretty clear she was going to get lynched anyway.
But if Resetti had suspected Adam in your chat, that doesn't mean a whole lot for why he died since I don't believe he had ever been vocal about suspecting Adam in-thread at all. Or if he was, it was so minor I don't even remember it. Plus the fact that Resetti did not sound nearly as suspicious of Adam as you made it sound like in your post.

The other votes I can agree with being very questionable, but Adam never voted Mr. Saturn after unvoting Trolls; if he was scumbuddies with Trolls, I don't see much benefit in unvoting when it would have ended in a no-lynch anyway and Trolls would've been safe regardless while Adam would have avoided scrutiny for the unvote.

Perhaps I'm paranoid, but your post makes me feel like you were very ready to pounce on the potential of a Resetti death just to bring all this out. I suppose I don't understand why you're naming Resetti as being your person you contacted now only after he's dead. It was almost certain that he was town after his phase reset, so it can't be that you were waiting for a flip to see if he was town. It feels planned out. If Alucard is truthful about being doctor, then scum would know that he has no more uses left. So it doesn't make much sense to me to take out Resetti over Garrus or myself when we're more active. That's why the fact that Resetti is the one who died plus your post is really rubbing me the wrong way.

If you looked in the post where I mentioned I contacted a player about Adam, I said I wasn't going to reveal them unless they wanted to. Resetti didn't say anything about it so I figured he didn't want me to reveal anything.

And yeah I have no problem adding you to the convo. I didn't tinker with anything if that's what you're worried about.

And while Adam never voted Saturn, he indirectly was responsible for his lynch. If he kept his vote on the person he suspected, Saturn would still be alive and we would've got Wendy from the weird claim.
And when I said he was one of the people question Adam the most in this chat, I meant thread.

Yes you are paranoid.

And it was just something about Resetti's inactivity that made him trustworthy to me. I know inactivity is supposed to (and usually does) have the opposite effect but at that time, I basically felt like I couldn't trust anyone in the game. So I turned to someone who was just there and hoped they weren't scum. It was risky, but you got to take risks sometimes.

And I contacted Resetti Night 2

Look, I can already tell where this phase is going to go, so if I do get lynched, and when I flip town, please go after Adam in the LYLO phase.

Yellow Guy said:
Also, I am extremely confident in lynching Adam now. Mr resetti died and he was one of the people who were questioning Adam the most in this chat.
'Extremely confident' that's interesting wording there like I don't see how something like someone saying I'm a, quote on quote 'strange one', and him now dying could make you extremely confident. I mean he was pretty much confirmed town without really being confirmed town and like how in the heck could I have known you two were the ones in contact before?? Sure you may have said you contacted another player or something, don't remember when you said that but moving on, but I'd legit have no way of knowing who that was so like that'd have zilch to do with me. I can't pick on Resetti and ax him for something I don't even know happened behind my back.

Roy Mustang said:
Why exactly would you have seemed like a likely cop and thus make sense as the N1 protect?
I just figured because I kept saying there had to probably be a cop amidst us, and Alucard questioned me on that asking why I thought there had to be one. That's why I thought so.

Yellow Guy said:
If he kept his vote on the person he suspected, Saturn would still be alive and we would've got Wendy from the weird claim.
There were cases for both, nothing was going to happen unless a vote was either added or taken off, neither was entering the thread defending themselves, so I did what I thought was best. Which is, speaking of, what I'm about to do right now

VOTE: Yellow Guy.

@Yellow Guy Mind adding all of us actually so we can all see first hand. Also is Adam suddenly psychic. I do not see why he would kill the mole for suspecting him privately unless I am missing something here.

I feel I should further explain this: I said possible. Yellow claimed vanilla, trolls looked scummy, you were a neighbor, and clearly I am not cop. From there my choices were the mole, Adam, Garrus, the sheep...I think that was it. So I figured from what I knew, I had a one in four chance of protecting the cop if the cop was not all the other living players. Adam was a whim. As I said previously. Just wanted to clarify being it looks like he might end up making it seem like something more.
This description does make some sense, but there are probably many people here who could fit doctor if just wanting to protect others is all it takes. I try to protect my subordinates at all costs, so even I could have fit. Maybe some more research on my end is needed, though I thought I had read in the Central library that you have some animosity towards humans?
Your point? I drink blood from medical bags and merely do what my master orders. And she's human. The cop who I converted is human. I'm also quite fond of Walter. I especially love watching him fight. And for protection I'm very capable. But if you need further protection information-when my master was young her uncle tried to kill her. I saved her life. That was the day she awakened me and became my master.

I didn't mean Adam knew Resetti and I were in contact, I'm saying Resetti said he was strange and questioned him on this PUBLIC thread. Not PM. I believe I never said anything of the like about Adam knowing we were in contact. And I'm saying maybe he killed him because of the questioning, once again, in this wonderful PUBLIC thread.
And yes I will add everyone.
Would anyone like me to add them to my convo with Adam as well?

Would anyone like me to add them to my convo with Adam as well?
Might as well.

I don't really remember anyone questioning you or Adam truly until I came out with my role.

Do you remember when this one that the questioning happened?

Alright, thanks for adding us.

Yellow Guy said:
I'm saying Resetti said he was strange and questioned him on this PUBLIC thread. Not PM.
I honestly don't remember this can you like direct me to when he questioned me on this? I looked back at his most recent posts he had made in the thread before he died and they were all really him mentioning how he didn't trust Alucard, so I'm wondering why you're making it sound like he thought I was a bigger suspect when he clearly had a bigger distrust (or at least more openly) for Alucard. If anything it'd make him more suspicious because this was all public and right before Resetti died.

I'm not even trying to say that we should be pointing fingers at Alucard if that's what this is seeming like because that'd be silly to do just because of his death it's impossible to prove that Resetti died because he was pointing the finger at someone he thought was suspicious-- but there's some food for thought anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom