• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sun & Moon Q&A: 50 Interview

Someone did a brief recap in the comments:

1. No confirmed HMs, it is confirmed that TMs returning.
2. D-Pad didn't have a specific use in the 2 hours they played. Default Run Speed.
3. Sneaking up on Pokémon is not returning.
4. More fluid Battle and scene movement than X/Y and OR/AS.
5. 3D is still lowering performance.
6. Rotom is cute and adorable but has very little impact.
7. They can't confirm trainer card details.
8. The game is fun yet easy.
9. The game tutorial/training is not so hand-holding but generally accepts the player has basic knowledge of Pokémon games.
10. You can change your haircut early in the game.
11. They can't confirm boys have as much customization options as girls.
12. Lillie is very sensitive. think Iris from MegaMan BN 6
13. Exp Share comes early on... Earlier than x and y.
14. Healthy mix of non-combatant npcs and npc trainers
15. Can't confirm Alola Dex. Pretty Obvious Answer (shouldn't have been on video)
16. Normal Original Kanto Pokémon were not seen.
17. They made it to encounter Team Skull in the second major city, they haven't made it to the first island trial before the end of the 2 hours preview.
18. Caught Pokémon before the first hour of gameplay. Kukui likely gives Pokéballs.
19. No big story dumps at the first couple hours, some vague mysteries but nothing they can talk about.
20. You almost die by falling off a bridge and saved by Tapu Koko.
21. They didn't even meet a single trial captain.
22. They encountered Pokémon that haven't been revealed yet but can't say anything.
23. Team Skull is funny and dense, with exagerate gangsters
24. They didn't level up any pokemon enough to evolve them. Popllio got to level 12.
25. The tutorial isn't heavy and not slow.
26. They seen about 10-15 Pokémon
27. Not able to talk about internet options, Menu is nice and clean.
28. Pokéfinder is usually the only reason to use 3D and it isn't very good.
29. Dex is divided by Islands. Didn't encounter any fossil Pokémon
30. Your Mom has her own room in the house.
31. The Music in battle isn't as great as the music in the overworld. The Soundtrack is still good.
32. According to Gxplain: The best Musical Track is Route 1 and Hawaiian influenced.
33. Hau chooses the weak Pokémon to yours and doesn't seem like your main rival.
34. The power of Tackle is back to 40 HP.
35. They can't name the towns.
36. It doesn't feel like a reboot of Pokémon, but a 20 year anniversary celebration

i wouldn't count them out, perhaps we still are. it would be later in game after all. I also wonder if the fossils this time are alolan gen 1 fossils though :/ i'd rather have new fossils.

I wouldn't read too much into them not getting any Fossil Pokémon in their playthrough. While I do think #NoFossils is a distinct possibility, the people playing didn't even reach the first trial. There's a lot of the game left in which fossils could be placed.

Wait 2 hours in and they only had their starter to level 12? Either this game is paced differently or these guys suck...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Wait 2 hours in and they only had there starter to level 12? Either this game is paced differently or these guys suck...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Or there's a lot of exposition and side-attractions. ;)

5. 3D is still lowering performance.
28. Pokéfinder is usually the only reason to use 3D and it isn't very good.

Wait, I thought 3D was completely disabled? According to many other reviewers at least.

3. Sneaking up on Pokémon is not returning.

That's a shame. I hope there's still an easy method to find specific Pokemon with egg moves, HAs and good IVs in the wild. DexNav was just way too convenient!

Wait, I thought 3D was completely disabled? According to many other reviewers at least.

That's a shame. I hope there's still an easy method to find specific Pokemon with egg moves, HAs and good IVs in the wild. DexNav was just way too convenient!

The video does mention there is no 3D in battles, so the reviewers probably just didn't bother trying it with anything else.

Geez Louise that was a fast response :p

You know, in spite of everything I said before, I honestly can't be too upset about it. There's so much else in these games for me to get into that I doubt I'll even notice the DexNav being absent.

Geez Louise that was a fast response :p

You know, in spite of everything I said before, I honestly can't be too upset about it. There's so much else in these games for me to get into that I doubt I'll even notice the DexNav being absent.

I answered quickly, because your mention made me smile :D

I mean... DexNav and PokeFinder are two of the best features ever, imo.

I am glad that both ORAS and SM will have such cool exclusive features of their own. It is exactly what I expected: SM to have a different, equally fun feature, instead of reusing ORAS' fun feature.

I find it very interesting how they said that they get the EXP share very early on, yet they only got the starter to level 12 after two hours, and at the same they say it is fun yet easy... i dont really know how to feel about this o_O I guess there is A LOT of stuff the fills up the game other than battling. This actually makes me very happy knowing this game has a lot to offer and won't be too quick to finish, it's just that I don't want it to be to easy and "hand hold-y"

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom