• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Eh, not a fan of the new episode. I feel like Courtney was hogging the spotlight too much, and her annoying voice felt out of place. (Cue me finding out she's voiced by Sandy Fox, aka the new voice of Chibiusa/Sailor Chibi Moon)

I'm more of a Mudkip fan myself, no memes or jokes intended. I think it's the cutest little thing in regards to the Gen III starters. I was also captivated by Marshtomp's "mohawk" as a child playing Ruby for the first time, not gonna lie. Still not entirely sure why to this day, either.

spider_paleontology.png

Ahh, funny and clever

I dunno, I thought Courtney sounded a little too passive to try and pull off the whole psychotic yandere thing. Maxie, I thought, sounded great. He sounded exactly how I expected a character like him to sound.

Y'know what I hate? Event Pokémon. Those rare legendaries that once you miss, you're f**ked mate. And when the services end and you decide to restart an older journey with the intent of completing the Pokédex?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Incidentally, does anyone have a spare Hoopa they'd be willing to permanently part with? It's going to be the single Pokémon missing from my living Pokédex because I missed both events without realizing, and I'm absolutely livid with myself about it.

Anyone play the demo? I find it amusing that...

you have to press A to enter any buildings now. Weird thing to add in after 20 years. But I like that all the trainers use different pokeballs for their pokemon, and the graphics are gorgeous. I'm in love.

In the demo, if you talk to a guy standing outside the Pokémon Center from today, you can get 10 pretty wings from him to transfer to the full game. I've already got a star piece and a nugget to transfer as well by clearing some events.

In the demo, if you talk to a guy standing outside the Pokémon Center from today, you can get 10 pretty wings from him to transfer to the full game. I've already got a star piece and a nugget to transfer as well by clearing some events.

Supposedly every day or every few days (not sure which tbh), NPCs will give you some other items if you approach them in the demo. Also, did the catching contest disappoint you as much as it disappointed me? I wanted to transfer all those pokemon I caught for trading fodder later...

Just found another secret: Talk to a girl near some Slowpokes blocking the roads on the left side and she'll get you to a place where you can destroy some rocks. If you clear the whole path, you'll get 10 stardusts from a 'mysterious old man'.

I think it also was 3 stardusts for me, I must've misread that now that I think about it.

Anyway, I found a list of events that unlocks at specific dates in the demo:

• 1 day – man right outside the Pokemon Center (19th of October) (Confirmed to give out 10 Pretty Wings)
  • 5 days – woman wearing a big hat west of Hau’oli City Hall (23rd of October)
  • 12 days – man with a Pikachu inside Hau’oli City Hall (30th of October)
  • 18 days – police officer at the Marina (5th of November)
  • 24 days – woman inside the Ferry Terminal (11th of November)

I think it's too free. To me, the tiles are more appealing then the way it is in S/M.
I had a look at some videos of it, and I actually kind of like how they seem to have moved entirely away from tile-based movement. The environment hasn't really felt proper for it since B/W now that they've been branching out into fully 3D scenery.

Although, I think they are missing an opportunity with the graphics. They seem to be getting worse and worse. If they had stuck with tiles, they'd have a very snappy looking environment to work with, but everything seems so washed down and stretched now, and the proportions don't look all that great.

I dunno though, I haven't actually played any of the games since Gen 4 so I'm probably very wrong somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom