• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DP Remakes in Gen 7 just got a mahor boost in probability. XY reintroduced Hex Maniacs to the series, an RSE only trainer class. Welk guess what trainer class was seen in the recent trailer for SM, that loks mighty similar to the DPtHGSS sprite? The cowgirl trainer class.

I can see a Kanto remake happening, but not now and not before Sinnoh remakes.

I can see DP remakes having the unique ability of being the only or one of the few Pokemon games to have a large amount of episodes. So far we only got one for XY and ORAS, but there is so much there in the postleague, especially platinum, that they can do quite a lot of mini ones. I mean look at what they havw to work with:
Marley and Shaymin
The sick boy of Canalave
Charon and Stark Mountain
Charon and the Rotom Appliances
Giratina's Distortion World
i realized the stats trainer have a lot of room for post game episodes as supportive characters with their own arc like Zinnia,; They already have their own characterization and each of them are linked to legendary or mythical pokemons
-Marley is already linked to Shaymin, so we can go to a shaymin hunt with her and professor oak as a recurrent character

-Buck is linked to the stark mountain and Heatran, so the charon episode can have him as our pal

-Cheryl is liked to Cresselia and she has potential to be our partner in the nightmare episode with Darkai

-Riley besides the Lucario, he owns the regigigas

Mira is the only one who doesn't own a legendary or is linked with an episode in special, but they can find a spot for her as a recurrent character

So I had an awesome idea around the whole Gen IV remake which I had a long time ago when Platinum came out. I want something like "Shadow Sinnoh". Inspired by the Dark World of Zelda ALttP. The same region, but with different paths and modification of the routes, other characters or reversed character personalities, other pokemon, a little tale around the dark world (maybe involving Giratina), shadow forms of legendary etc.

That would boost the post game so much and I would love that.
this is awesome, if not implemented in the remakes, the idea can be saved for other game
They'd have to be insane to remake DP without taking into consideration all the complaints people had about its gameplay. This isn't RS where the only thing people bitched about the base game was the lack of backwards compatibility and praised everything else in the game to high heaven.

At the very least the pokemon distribution should be fixed and it will run on a better engine which would solve most of the problems people had with the games,
That's why sinnoh needs a remake, to fix all of the complaints. I played Platinum recently, and the region is neat but game is too slow. If was not for nostalgia, i wouldn't have patience to go trough the region with that pace.

-Cheryl is liked to Cresselia and she has potential to be our partner in the nightmare episode with Darkai

-Riley besides the Lucario, he owns the regigigas

Huh? I don't remember either of those two being connected to legendaries.

Huh? I don't remember either of those two being connected to legendaries.
look at their team, they exclusively own those sinnoh legendaries.
Unlike Marley and Buck, there's no background or explanation, but those facts can be stretched and used in the storyline

look at their team, they exclusively own those sinnoh legendaries.
Unlike Marley and Buck, there's no background or explanation, but those facts can be stretched and used in the storyline

Oh, in the Battle Tower. I would count that as non-canon, Game Freak tends to take liberties with battle facility teams for the sake of difficulty.

Oh, in the Battle Tower. I would count that as non-canon, Game Freak tends to take liberties with battle facility teams for the sake of difficulty.
yeah, Riley and Cheryl, they have legendaries in battle tower. But as for example, Marley has her own storyline linked to Shaymin,and so, she's the only one who owns Shaymin, ,in the same way Cheryl is the only trainer who owns Cresselia, and Riley the one who has a Regigigas.

that's just a suggestion, as the stats trainer are recurring characters exclusive of sinnoh, and already have their own characterization, i think there's room to develop them more and use them in the plot.

Doesn't Palmer own both of these Pokémon, as well as a Heatran?
i don't remember, as he appears just in the battle tower and has no bigger role in the games. But anyway, i have no problem with having him as a recurrent character, as he's Barry's father... would be interesting to know more about their relationship, and give barry more developemnt, so a lot ot hings can be done with him :)

I'd want to see Tobias in the game as the ABSOLUTE Final Boss of Time Diamond and Space Pearl after ALL The Other Challenges and EVERYTHING ELSE is finished(like all the Gyms, Elite 4, Champion etc; as a Bonus, and Maybe even find out WHAT OTHER Pokemon he has OTHER than his Darkrai and Latios(Am I L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y the ONLY one who wants to know what occupies the OTHER 4 Slots of his team, what Other Mysterious Legendary Pokemon that he ALSO Has?!?!?!?

I'd want to see Tobias in the game as the ABSOLUTE Final Boss of Time Diamond and Space Pearl after ALL The Other Challenges and EVERYTHING ELSE is finished(like all the Gyms, Elite 4, Champion etc; as a Bonus, and Maybe even find out WHAT OTHER Pokemon he has OTHER than his Darkrai and Latios(Am I L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y the ONLY one who wants to know what occupies the OTHER 4 Slots of his team, what Other Mysterious Legendary Pokemon that he ALSO Has?!?!?!?

Tobias is little more than a plot device so Ash can lose the league again, we're probably not seeing him in the games.

If they do a remake of this generation, I'm hoping it'll be on the Nintendo Switch.
Unlikely. All the games of one generation should stay on one game console. Either DP remakes are on 3DS for gen 7 or DP remakes would be in Gen 8 on Nintendo Switch.

If they do a remake of this generation, I'm hoping it'll be on the Nintendo Switch.

I think it makes a lot more sense to put it on Switch than 3DS. DP is too recent for a 3DS remake, it hasn't aged enough and it's still playable on 3DS through backwards compatibility. Plus it'll inevitably be a lot more exciting with whatever the Switch brings to Pokemon than with the same hardware we saw ORAS on.

There's always the possibility of, if the DP remakes were on the 3DS, Game Freak implementing something with the compatibility. Perhaps it'd be a new feature in Pokémon Bank?

I think it makes a lot more sense to put it on Switch than 3DS. DP is too recent for a 3DS remake, it hasn't aged enough and it's still playable on 3DS through backwards compatibility. Plus it'll inevitably be a lot more exciting with whatever the Switch brings to Pokemon than with the same hardware we saw ORAS on.
As long as it is gen 8. It makes no sense to put the other gen 7 games on a new game console.

What about both? Its gonna be a while for Gamefreak to make the jump from 3DS to Switch level graphics proper, and it can only be assumed till gen 8 can get out the door, at some point Gen 7 will get a relaunch on the new platform. The graphics are adequate enough that in hi-res with some fixes(like the cel shading lines) SM's artstyle will look great both on the go and at home, and if you look over the net, there are some photoshop works that make the SM bottom screen UI gel perfectly with the battle screen. Little cluttered, sure, but it works. I think Gen 7 DP remakes will happen, just not until 2018 after Gen 7 gets ported to the Switch.

What about both? Its gonna be a while for Gamefreak to make the jump from 3DS to Switch level graphics proper, and it can only be assumed till gen 8 can get out the door, at some point Gen 7 will get a relaunch on the new platform. The graphics are adequate enough that in hi-res with some fixes(like the cel shading lines) SM's artstyle will look great both on the go and at home, and if you look over the net, there are some photoshop works that make the SM bottom screen UI gel perfectly with the battle screen. Little cluttered, sure, but it works. I think Gen 7 DP remakes will happen, just not until 2018 after Gen 7 gets ported to the Switch.

Porting Gen 7 probably isn't going to happen because then that divides the userbase, the 3DS versions would have limited compatibility with the Switch versions and it'd make finding other players to communicate with harder. Most likely Game Freak will just be letting 7th gen play out on the 3DS for a little while longer and then transition to the Switch (or should I say switch to the Switch? LOL) in 8th gen in 2018/2019. DP remakes would probably be the next game after in 2020.

Last edited:
There's always the possibility of, if the DP remakes were on the 3DS, Game Freak implementing something with the compatibility. Perhaps it'd be a new feature in Pokémon Bank?

I just want them to move onto the Switch after SM to start a new generation in 2018 already to release a potential DP remake in 2019, following the 5 years pattern of remakes.

hat about both? Its gonna be a while for Gamefreak to make the jump from 3DS to Switch level graphics proper, and it can only be assumed till gen 8 can get out the door, at some point Gen 7 will get a relaunch on the new platform. The graphics are adequate enough that in hi-res with some fixes(like the cel shading lines) SM's artstyle will look great both on the go and at home, and if you look over the net, there are some photoshop works that make the SM bottom screen UI gel perfectly with the battle screen. Little cluttered, sure, but it works. I think Gen 7 DP remakes will happen, just not until 2018 after Gen 7 gets ported to the Switch.

SM port for the Switch is highly unlikely. First porting it to an new console means optimization (also trading, battling etc.) and time to release it and that for a simple "port" to play it on the Switch. Gen V wasn't ported to the 3DS and I don't think Gen VII will be ported into a more powerful hardware. It won't make sense and the strongest reason for no SM port will be the missing second screen and possibly the touchscreen function.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom