• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what types of animated movies Disney releases in the future, NOTHING will top The Lion King!

However, I hope Jon Favreau does a damn good job with the upcoming Lion King remake.

Scarface is a pretty over-rated movie. I mostly enjoy the first half of the movie, but I feel it drags on far too long and the second half is pretty crap.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is the best live-action video game adaptation so far.

Despite the first season having a lot of crap episodes in it, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is better than the original series of Yu-Gi-Oh! One of the main reasons for this is that GX doesn't endlessly recap things you literally saw 5 minutes ago and drag out duels to be 3-5 episodes long repeatedly, making them mostly boring. That said, I do have a lot more nostalgia for the original series.

Not quite sure this one is exactly and unpopular opinion but the theatrical cut of The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King is absolutely abysmal when you realise how much is cut out. The extended cuts of all the movies are just all around better but, while I feel that the extended cuts of Fellowship and Two Towers enhance already great movies, it makes Return of the King bearable for me cause I find the theatrical cut to just not be very good.

I honestly think that The Little Mermaid is far superior to Beauty and the Beast.

I'm fine with the X-Men movies remaining with Fox. I honestly think that the studio is doing a good job with them.

Neelix in Star Trek: Voyager isn't annoying. To me, he's charming.

"Spirited Away" freaked me out. Why this is considered an ultimate classic, above other Studio Ghibli films like, say, "Kiki's Delivery Service" or "Ponyo" is a mystery.

I've complained about this before, but what the hell - Sandi Toksvig hosting QI? Sure, no problem, I like Sandi. Shame the panel still has at least two Mock The Week escapees trying to be as boorish as possible, as loudly as possible

Batman vs Superman was incredibly boring.
Suicide Squad was TERRIBLE.
Man of Steel was meh.

In fact other then the last 2 in the Dark Night Trilogy I greatly dislike all the DC movies. Which sucks because I enjoy DC far more than Marvel but Marvel just does the way movies better.

Personally, I think Kaguya and Whisper of the Heart are more deserving of the title of best Ghibli movie rather than Spirited Away. I just didn't get that movie. But maybe that's just me. Oh well.

I've complained about this before, but what the hell - Sandi Toksvig hosting QI? Sure, no problem, I like Sandi. Shame the panel still has at least two Mock The Week escapees trying to be as boorish as possible, as loudly as possible
QI's went to shit lately. Too many crap panelists, and much like Have I Got News For You, it really needs strong panelists to be effective. Sandi Toksvig is an absolute delight, she was always a highlight when she was a mere panelist. I think they've stopped booking great panelists as frequently as they were A-G series.

Batman vs Superman was incredibly boring.
Suicide Squad was TERRIBLE.
Man of Steel was meh.
That's unpopular? Most people I know hated BvS and Suicide Squad, and MoS isn't very well-loved either.

Y'see, DC honestly wants to be Marvel, but they don't get why Marvel's so successful and beloved - Marvel movies aren't afraid to have fun. Part of the reason BvS was absolute shit was because it was absolutely humorless aside from Lex. That, and Snyder's a hack director in general.

One that would be very unpopular with my compatriots back home:

Since the 2004 Olympics in Athens, I've become very cynical about the Olympics. Hideki Tojo's and the Japanazi's Sports Show (read Tokyo Olympics 2020) is no exception to this rule, and I plan to avoid any television footage during the events. In fact, I actually wish the Olympic Games in Tokyo would be cancelled, because of the huge political, financial, and social mess my home is already in.

I enjoyed Space Jam, to the point that I'm going to the theatrical re-release this month (for the movie's 20th anniversary).

I enjoyed Space Jam, to the point that I'm going to the theatrical re-release this month (for the movie's 20th anniversary).

... there were people who didn't like Space Jam? That movie is awesome. I even still have this coin thing that came with the VHS release from like a million years ago.

The level of praise Kubo and the Two Strings has gotten this year is...baffling. The stop-motion animation, of course, is absolutely stunning and worth the admission price alone (though there are a lot of CG effects, and I prefer the more "obviously-stop-motion" look of Coraline and the like), the character design is wildly inventive, and I like its central theme of the dead living on through stories. But for a movie about storytelling, the story could really use work itself. The script is just so clunky and exposition-heavy, with characters constantly explaining backstories, plot points, and the thesis of the film every five minutes. The whole thing also feels tonally uneven, with the humour in the second act seeming like it came out of a completely different movie. I'll still pay money to see anything Laika makes, but here's hoping their next feature has more than just pretty animation, cause that's pretty much all Kubo has to offer. That, and the lovely Regina Spektor cover of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" at the end. Best animated film of the year it is not.

I am getting tired of seeing 99% of movies and TV shows having a good-looking guy whom girls (and some guys) in real life would drool over. Making me feel like an alien about my chubbiness.

I actually didn't think the original Ghostbusters was that great. Don't get me wrong, it was amusing, and Bill Murray is on top form, but I just don't understand the high level of praise it gets. I thought the remake was better. I guess it's just a generational thing. Like SNL.

Here's one: I enjoyed Batman V Superman. Yeah, it was kinda dark and heavy but I did actually enjoy it. I also enjoy the live action Michael Bay TMNT movies and I'm fine with the Turtles being April's pets originally. It's just a different universe. Don't think too hard about it.

An unpopular opinion that must be getting on for the near side of a decade old, but here it is - I really don't like the character of the Janitor in Scrubs. His antics get steadily less funny with each passing season, and it gets worse when every once in a while we're supposed to sympathise with him. Apparently we're supposed to think it's ok to be needlessly vengeful, selfish, lazy and cruel so long as you're in a low status job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom