• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon Contest #17: Poké Pelago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
It's been a tradition here on Bulbagarden to hold a series of contests for each new generation of Pokémon. These contests are meant to be a fun way for us to give our predictions and see how closely we can get to the final product. There won't be physical prizes for this particular series, but we'll be sure to put the winner(s) of each contest in an announcement thread upon the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon. We'll have future contests with real prizes at a later date.

Contest #17: How many different islands will there be (total) and what utility/benefits will the currently unrevealed/unknown islands provide?

Currently we know of 4 islands: one for finding new Pokemon, another for finding evolution stones, another for training your Pokemon's EVs and finally one for planting berries. But how many total could there be and what other uses will they provide?

Good luck and have fun!

The rules/terms of this contest:
  • You can guess the same as someone else if you had the same/similar idea
  • Please post only your predictions in this thread - contest threads aren't for discussions
  • No cheating - going back and changing your answer after news has been revealed for example
  • Delete your old post if you want to make a new one for predictions
Previous contests:

I think 7:

- New Pokemon
- EV Boost
- IV Boost
- Friendship
- Berries
- Stones + Crystals
- Level Boost

I'm going for 7:

- Wild Pokémon
- Treasure Hunt
- Training
- Berries
- Raising Friendship
- Breeding
- An island where nothing special happens, just a place to chill for the mons that aren't put on any of the other islands.

I think there will be five. The raft will probably have functionality as well but not as a separate location - I think it's at least where the Isle Evelup drinks come from.
  • Isle Abeens: New Pokemon Chance
  • Isle Aphun: Item Gathering (might be more than rocks and stones, but probably not)
  • Isle Evelup: Pokemon training: Levels and EVs
  • Isle ???: Berry Gathering
  • Isle ???: Raise Happiness or Breeding

I'm going with five.

Isle Abeens: Attract new Pokémon
Isle Aphun: Collect rare items and stones
Isle Evelup: Gain exp and stats
Isle Oamee: Berry farming (gradually unlock more plots as you progress in the game)
Isle Ajoy: Raise happiness (though not as effective as having the Pokémon in your party)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom