• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trailers and News Discussion

The Ghost type one is around 37 seconds into the video, used on Espeon. The Fairy type one is around 50 seconds into the video, used on Umbreon.
Maybe. But I don't think it would make sense to give dual typing pokemon two z-moves. Not to mention that it wouldn't really be fair

EDIT: Ah, I see it. Still don't think it would be fair. That's strange

I think that we will get the following on thursday:
-Alolan Persian
-TCG sea creature
-Alolan Dugtrio
-Anchor?
-New Z-moves.
-Postgame. It is a bit early, but they know that "5-7 Pokemon revelated" isn't going to sprout a lot of discussion after the datamining.

I think that the postgame we'll have to discover for ourselves. I don't mind that it all. It would be such a surprise! :)
It depends on if we even get a decent post-game this gen beyond the standard Battle Tower equivalent.

It depends on if we even get a decent post-game this gen beyond the standard Battle Tower equivalent.
Well, they do want us to discover it for ourselves and want us to play these games for a long time. So I am expecting a meaty postgame.

I can see the post game being saved until after the game release. Although they kind of spilled the beans with the Delta Episode for ORAS.

but they know that "5-7 Pokemon revelated" isn't going to sprout a lot of discussion after the datamining.

I don't think they're going to acknowledge the datamining in any way. They're going to present what they already planned to present.

Personally I'll be more than happy to see official reveals of new Pokemon. We'll get names, typings and also a lot more people will be making fanart and comics about them, which I enjoy looking at.

I'm really interested in the place where the trainer caught Mimikyu in the song. It looks like an abandoned store or mall, which makes a lot of sense since it would be a place where Pikachu merchandise (from 20 years ago) would have been sold. I really want to know where this place is in the region!
also i need mimikyu so badly it's so precious

I'm really interested in the place where the trainer caught Mimikyu in the song. It looks like an abandoned store or mall, which makes a lot of sense since it would be a place where Pikachu merchandise (from 20 years ago) would have been sold. I really want to know where this place is in the region!
also i need mimikyu so badly it's so precious
probably here. there are few repeated buildings in Alola, that we can see on the artwork at least. the visible ones appear to be the malasada chain, the police stations, and the Slaking "motel." all three have at least two scattered about the region. but the building i linked to isn't unique either: it has a sibling in the city on Akala at the base of the volcano. given that it has parking spots and is located in a tourist trap-y like place, it seems to fit that it would sell tourist merchandise. the one pictured on the Big Island is clearly dilapidated compared to the one on Akala so it seems that this would be the location to encounter Mimikyu.

this contains spoilers from the demo data-mine:
this all seems to match up with Mimikyu's only encounter location being on the Big Island as well. since we know it can only be on the Big Island, we'd have to find a place that looks somewhat abandoned so that building matches up as well.

Last edited:
The post-game is going to at least involve collecting the Zygarde Cores/Cells and (almost definitely) catching the Ultra Beasts.

The fact that the version mascot is absent from the island-specific Pokedex sections could also mean that it won't be obtainable until the post-game, much like Kyurem in B2W2.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that the version mascot is absent from the island-specific Pokedex sections could also mean that it won't be obtainable until the post-game, much like Kyurem in B2W2.

That doesn't make any sense. Kyurem was understandable because it fused with Reshiram/Zekrom and because Ghetsis prevented the player from catching it. Plus it was sequels. SM are the first games with Solgaleo and Lunala so they should be obtainable in the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus it was sequels.
What does that have to do with anything?

I suspect that if they aren't catchable during the main story, it is because Game Freak want us to catch them in their pre-evolved states. How will that work? By having the mascot revert once its role in the story is over.

How do you feel about those pre-evolutions, by the way?

Last edited:
What does that have to do with anything?

I suspect that if they aren't catchable during the main story, it is because Game Freak want us to catch them in their pre-evolved states. How will that work? By having the mascot revert once its role in the story is over.

How do you feel about those pre-evolutions, by the way?

I suppose they could be post game but it would feel weird since these are the first pair of main games. Mascots of first pair of games are usually obtainable. As for the pre-evolutions, kind of defeats the purpose of legendary pokemon but I'll give them a go.

Remember to keep things from leaks in spoiler tags (or in a designated spoiler thread) please.

Back
Top Bottom