• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
With Honey Gather, you can get honey from Cutiefly and Ribombee. But does Honey attract hordes?

Yes it does, though in some places (namely very early routes in Kalos) it won't work. Sweet Scent does the same thing as well. It's the most effective way of provoking horde battles.
I should been more clear. Will honey attract hordes in Alola?

I should been more clear. Will honey attract hordes in Alola?

Most likely. They won't get rid of that feature after only one gen, especially because it's great for EV training. You probably won't be able to attract hordes, or even encounter them, until a certain point, but the chances of it returning are pretty high.

I love how the tapus are like a family.

Fini the mother that hides her feelings, Bulu the father that is tough, Koko the energetic elder brother, and Lele the sweet youngest sister..

My least favorite is bulu though.

So the leaks were true... Gotta admit Decidueye looks kind of cool. I'll still be going for Litten since Incineroar will more than likely grow on me like Emboar did. I'm just glad it isn't part Fighting.

Well... My review of the Evolved Starters:

Decidueye: Wow - The ghost typing came out of nowhere, but it explains the design a lot better. At first, I felt like the hood kept blocking the face in the concept art, and that annoyed me. It does so a little less now, as the hood enforces the 'ghostliness' of its nature and habits. The face also looks more clearer in 3D as well. I always wanted a new Owl Pokemon, and it will be on my team. The problem, however, is its typing will conflict with Palossand, and I'll have to live with 2 Ghost types with ice weaknesses. ._.

Primarina: I seriously never expected a starter design like this from Game Freak at all - and wondered if this one would have been changed the most from the concept art... But now it is officially here, I'm now really conflicted about choosing my starter. Why? Because this one is just *glamorous overload* for me.

In other words: I need this one _so_ badly, that I will pick Popplio as my starter, and will nag ask someone here to trade a Rowlet to me as my secondary starter. Come to me, Glamour-Mermaid-Orty-Ort-Ort! :love:

Incineroar: I'm sorry every one... I'm not in on this one at all. I guess the concept of a 'Tiger Mask" has some synergy with an Archer and a Mermaid, but... I keep looking back at Litten, and all the reasons why loads of people liked the little kitty's design in the first place. Back then, people pointed out from Litten's personality that "Game Freak sure knows cats!", and liked its calm, suave, and emotionless appeal. Even Torracat had that kind of sense to it. And now, I feel like all of that is completely lost and removed in the final evolution.

If you wish to understand my disappointment here, imagine this scenario: Pretend The Starter Leaks Never Existed. Think of what Pokefans everywhere would have liked Litten to have evolved into, based on what they saw in what made Litten such a good design. In the months of everyone speculating what it could evolve into, with zero legit leaks of the evolutions, how would people have felt about the idea of it becoming a wrestler, with a completely opposite personality? Think carefully: With no leaks, I'll bet it would have been quite negative.

Well, I'll take my Siren Seal and head out in a tropical region in a month. "^_^"

Decidueye is terrific. Incineroar is all right but I am again disappointed that the Fire starter is bipedal. Primarina on the other hand is a monstrosity. It is up their with Jynx and Smoochum as one of the most hideous Pokemon ever created.

lol @ Incineroar's page on the official site:

"As a result, many tend to dislike this Pokémon and keep it at a distance."

How meta

You know, I think I figured out why Decidueye is a ghost. He's based on a flightless species of owl caled the Cuban giant owl. Why does this mean he's a ghost? Because the Cuban giant owl is extinct.
Lol it's actually based off of the Barn Owl (my favorite owl too). Also, the Ghost typing may come from the myths of owls rescuing lost souls from the underworld. And also because it's ridiculously good at stealth, it's practically a ghost.

Lol it's actually based off of the Barn Owl (my favorite owl too). Also, the Ghost typing may come from the myths of owls rescuing lost souls from the underworld. And also because it's ridiculously good at stealth, it's practically a ghost.
Actually, I think it might be based on Tyto pollens, a large flightless barn owl... That's extinct. Alternatively, it could be based on the stilt-owls, an extinct group of mostly terrestrial (but not flightless) owls from Hawaii. I think the most likely basis is the stilt-owl, considering Alola's based on Hawaii.

Breifly talked about the new mons on the News Thread, but will give a bit more insight here~

Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini have FANTASTIC designs! I love the! They're both so cute!! >3< Gonna be on my competitive teams for sure! ! Primarina is amazing, as well, and I'm so glad her design ended up being real~ Incineroar being Dark and Decidueye being Ghost are both very refreshing typings and they both have very cool designs~ The signature moves all also look AWESOME!!

Alolan Persian is still pretty lame and makes me wonder just why they wasted a slot on that thing as opposed to something cooler~ Not forgetting about Tapu Bulu, he has an okay design, but not the best, IMO~ It's kinda hard to tell what all is going on with him~ The Z Move, however, is LIT and I can't wait to use it!

Cosmog is also very cute and I'm really interested to see if it really does have a certain connection with other Pokemon!~

As a whole, these were some great reveals!!

Who knew that I would fall in love with the design of Decidueye?! AMAZING!!!!!
250px-724Decidueye.png

Back
Top Bottom