• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY140: The Endless Zero! Until the Day We Meet Again!!

I'm not gonna lie, this episode really got me in the feels, and that moment between Ash and Serena, it completely threw me for a loop. I might not be too pleased with the way the Kalos League ended or with Greninja's release, but, it's hard to deny the emotion that went with this episode. I'm still in the processing stage with everything that happened here.

Really makes me worried though, about how S/M will follow this up. I just hope we see Serena again somehow in the future.

I'm not gonna lie, this episode really got me in the feels, and that moment between Ash and Serena, it completely threw me for a loop. I might not be too pleased with the way the Kalos League ended or with Greninja's release, but, it's hard to deny the emotion that went with this episode. I'm still in the processing stage with everything that happened here.

Really makes me worried though, about how S/M will follow this up. I just hope we see Serena again somehow in the future.
Only time will tell if she will or won't appear in Sun&Moon.

I hope she doesn't. After this episode, I don't to see the next region spoiled by amourshipping rubbish. Ash saying goodbye to Clemont and Bonnie is probably the only tolerable thing in this episode for me.

As someone who watched all of the episodes in the XY series, this episode left me really satisfied. Before I talk about the rest of the episode, let me address the elephant in the room. I agree that the kiss was the highlight of the episode. I wasn't sure if they would ever do it or not considering the target audience, but the way it was handled was the best they could've done. It was open ended and wrapped up Serena as she left, with Ash not giving a crap as expected.

Aside from the kiss, Serena's goodbye was definitely the saddest to me. She really cared about Ash, and I felt empty the rest of the episode because this was such a one-sided relationship that it isn't even funny. Ash is so used to companions leaving and joining him, so even after Serena showed her true feelings to him, he doesn't think anything of it. This was always doomed to happen due to the fact that Ash is always the protagonist and his companions rotate, but I just wish Ash acknowledged that she likes him. It doesn't even have to be anything more than that. Besides that, she definitely had the most character development out of the XY companions. As shown in the flashbacks, she started her journey to find Ash, then experimented, found a goal in showcases, got runner up in the Master Class, and is now going to do Pokemon Contests and learn as a coordinator. Serena will definitely be the character that I'll miss from XY the most, and I'm not mad that she isn't going to Alola. She has no reason too. But I wish Ash acknowledged that this girl thinks that he's really cute, nothing more and nothing less.
I am fine with Ash not seems to react to the kiss beyond some shock. Amourshipping was less about the two being into each other and more about how Serena will mature from it. I don't see her kissing him as being an attempt to get him to fall for her but rather just a way to finally get that off her chest. Ash's reaction works for me cause it comes off like he finally gets that this was something that was eating away at her. He does not need to show any reciprocation for that moment to work but I think he DID sorta acknowledge her feelings as best he could. He clearly did not share them but his face seemed pretty understanding right after like he gets what she was going through.

Serena 100℅ kissed Ash. Serena's legs were shown leaning towards Ash. The sparkling background during the moment suggested something very romantic, like a kiss. Please don't deny the obvious.
............I really hope you get that I was making a joke. She clearly did kiss him. I may not like amourshipping that much but even I wont deny that Serena kissed him. Especially because as I said we all get what we want. You get a good ending for the ship and someone like myself gets to still hold to Advanced shipping or any other ship cause it does not give a definitive statement on Ash's feelings.

Last edited:
One of XY's animators, Aito Ohashi drew this in honor of the series reaching its conclusion:
7W7Ult0.jpg

What a great ending episode of the XY/XY&Z series. Tearful goodbyes, Serena finally let Ash know her feelings with the kiss, clips of what each character is up to after they left, and the montage at the end showing clips of each main character in the past. Loved the facial expressions of Pikachu, Bonnie, Dedenne, and Clemont after Serena kissed Ash. Definitely one of the top series of the Pokemon anime for me.

Almost everyone talking about the kiss and me bothered by the fact we didn't see Satoshi's older Pokemon!

C'mon, it's the first time we have no mention or a picture of them... No mentions, nothing? I liked that we've got a glimpse of Numelgon and Gekkouga, as well as the rivals though.

Nice ending otherwise, unneeded flashbacks in my opinion, but...

And please, don't regress Satoshi to a rookie again in SM, OLM, I beg you!

Almost everyone talking about the kiss and me bothered by the fact we didn't see Satoshi's older Pokemon!!
This did make me sad and I think it was the only downside. The flashbacks were nice, but cutting back on them or removing them could have given us time to see them all, and them meeting Talonflame, Hawlucha, and Noivern.

As someone who ships another shipping, I will NOT badmouth Amourshipping because I don't like it when others do it to my ship that I support so I won't be petty. The episode was great and it was emotional at some parts particularly the scenes with the Pokemon especially with Chespin and Pancham. I will miss those two greatly and I will miss Bonnie the most. she was without a doubt my favorite character from the XY/ZYZ anime series.

The implied kiss that Serena gives Ash was sweet, however I feel that it was not necessary but whatever; the writers did their best where everyone can be okay with Serena parting from Ash. however I will say that for the first time in my life regarding the Pokemon Anime, I am a little salty but I'll get over it.

To those who keep saying 'They Kissed' keep in mind that Ash and Serena didn't kiss, it wasn't mutual; Serena was the only one doing the kissing and it was quick.

I found it very fitting that Ash spent his remaining time with Bonnie and Clemont, just like it should be and hearing Volt was a great end to a series that I enjoyed. I'll never forget the series but it's definitely not my favorite Pokemon series, no that spot goes to the Advance Generation series followed by the Original Series and then DP and BW. I'm sure I will watch this series again because I love the Pokemon Anime but honestly I'm just ready for the Pokemon Sun and Moon Anime to start and to get my game. So long XY(Z), it was nice. :D

I can't believe that two regions in a row ended up awful for the anime. Both Unova and Kalos had failed in comparison to Sinnoh and even Hoenn. So glad that Kalos is done now.

Astounding finale. Everything was awesome. Great way to end the series.

Pikachu looked so cute smearing his face on the camera at the beginning. It was great to see Oak and Delia at the beginning. I could have done without that bit with Alain and Sycamore, but I guess it was nice for them to see them to see Ash and co off as well.

The Pokemon's goodbyes were so sweet. Why hasn't this been done before now anyway? It just made the goodbye that much better. I can't understand why on earth Chespin seemed so damn sad, but it was nice to see his moment with Pancham receiving one of his leaves. I'm glad Sylveon said goodbye to Bunnelby. I always worried that they'd forget about this friendship. Hawlucha crying was pretty...awkward. But overall it was nice to see all of the Pokemon bidding each other fareware. Dedenne mostly seemed sad because of how sad Bonnie was, and I liked that. It just shows how close they are. I just want to note that I really like how they had that guy almost step on Dedenne and freak out. That was a nice touch. Man, Bonnie I putting me in the feels. Obviously I didn't understand what she was saying, but I love her speeches. They're always so emotional and heartfelt, which I like considering how she's still quite young.

Serena's little goodbye "kiss" was...honestly pretty pointless imo. They didn't even show it so it's not even truly known if she kissed him or not, and nothing came out of it other than Bonnie, Clemont, and Pikachu's adorable reactions. It just ended in a second and then they were all back to waving like nothing happened. I suppose it was a nice ending for Amourshippers, but I would have liked a longer reaction from them. Whatever. I do have to say though that those airport screens that kept showing stuff like the starters were really cute:p

I liked the fact that Clemont and Ash had one more final battle with Pikachu and Bunnelby before he left. I didn't like how we didn't actually see them say goodbye to each other. But seeing Goodra, Greninja, and the rivals at the end were nice additions. I'm guessing it was an error seeing Greninja in his normal form since he was shown using his Ash-Greninja Water Shuriken.

Lastly, the large clip show at the end was great. It was better due to the fact that they played the first Intro, which is still my favorite of them all:p I liked that we saw Ash returning home late at night. Overall a wonderful finale.

I'm going to miss the XY gang. They were some of the most lovable and probably my favorite companions. But alas, time must go on and I'm quite excited for the future. 10/10 for a great finale and series:)

This was a beautiful episode, not just because of HALLELUJAH, AMOURSHIPPING (though that was amazing and unexpected too, even if it really was just an apology for all the torture the writers have put us through this season with the Kalos League and even Amour itself), but it reminded me of all those times two years ago when I would wake up at 7:30 on a Saturday just to watch the latest episode dubbed, and then later when I'd do the same but on a Thursday. I've grown a lot since then. I've lost a lot of my friends because girl drama never ceases to throw me for a loop, transitioned into a new school where most of my remaining friends moved on from me, and even dealt with some depression, but I always knew that when I'd come home from school, Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie would be there waiting for me. I wish I could just tell them how much they really meant to me, how they'd helped me through some of the worst experiences of my life and taught me to never get up. I won't lie, I cried a bit during this episode. It was everything I never knew I needed and more. While it's sad that we're moving away from this arc now, I know I won't ever forget it.

I don't care about shipping even slightly, but the people who are butthurt and offended over an implied kiss are really lame.

That being said, I can't believe how wonderful this episode was. It was such a perfect finale, I smiled so much through the entire episode. Luchabull's whimper was SO cute, the flashbacks aaaaa it was wondeful.

Fantastic end to to a fantastic saga. It had a few bumps here and there but I definitely hold it among the top regions of the show. Will miss it dearly!

I don't care about shipping even slightly, but the people who are butthurt and offended over an implied kiss are really lame.
Excuse me? Who are you to call other users on the forum lame? People have the right to like or dislike it.

Anyway, with the disaster of a series over, I am going to look at the next series to see if it can redeem the anime.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom