• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review PG09: The Scoop

This was so clever. I never expected those two annoying side characters to become important characters. I also loved seeing how Pokemon are used in every day life. There was a Ninjask helping someone carry some cables. a Castform helping the meteorologist, and Loudred carrying a boombox.

I liked that they show us the event of catching Deoyxs like Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby and If they show us an episode about jirachi they it will more awosome

I was sad that we didn't get a Zinnia-focused episode, since that was my favorite part about the Delta Episode. But I loved how they framed the story around Gabby and Ty while also fleshing them out a bit.

The animation was fluid this ep, and the fight was super cool. I loved how they utilized all of those extra forms for Deoxys in the battle, which shows off one of the things that makes it so interesting. And they nailed the human designs this ep, imo. They definitely feel like Pokemon character designs, and not generic anime looks. (Which is a criticism I had for a few character designs in past episodes.)

So why isn't the world ready to know about Deoxys? Just a parody of government suppressing information about UFOs, or because of how close the world was to being destroyed? Or to keep people from going after the trainer with two legends and trying to use them? I don't remember anything like this in the game, but I haven't played the Delta Episode in 2 years so I probably forgot.

Bah. No Zinnia. Well, she's too cool for this series anyway... :cry:

They did a fantastic job on the animation of the battle, though.

This was a fun little episode I really like how the reporter side characters were used. But why isn't the world ready for that information yet? I wonder if there's something else going on here...or maybe not.

One thing though Ty said the security at the Mossdeep spacecenter is super tight. It isn't, trust me it isn't.

I was not expecting Gabby and Ty in this. The battle itself is what you would expect, though, save for the protag observing the battle from a satellite.

I know they did this in Episode 8, too, but the Deoxys battle theme remix in the background during the battle really added a lot to the episode.

...it helps that the Vs. Deoxys theme is one of my favorites in any Pokémon game.

I, too, must wonder why the world isn't ready for this information. After all, everybody already knows that Clefairy came from the moon, so it's not like knowledge about aliens is unheard of.

But why isn't the world ready for that information yet?
I, too, must wonder why the world isn't ready for this information.
"Adults task young child with going up into space to fight alien Pokémon life form because they are, apparently, incapable of doing this themselves." :ROFLMAO:

So Gabby and Ty went to the space center later and dug up the info on what happened with Rayquaza & Deoxys. Well, that's pretty cool. They are portrayed here, I guess, as being investigative journalists, and so I would expect them to cut some corners, and break some rules to go after important information they feel the public should be made aware of. Nice to see some focus on them and having their personalities given some more depth than what we got from them in the games.

The animation was nice and I felt that the voice actors fit the characters and did a really good job.

Also, that Linoone out there on the hillside. That was cute.

If that's the Magma Suit... I'm guessing that was Brandon considering he was trying to foil Team Magma in the 7th Generation episode. But nice of them to not show who was wearing the suit so you could argue it was May

I, too, must wonder why the world isn't ready for this information. After all, everybody already knows that Clefairy came from the moon, so it's not like knowledge about aliens is unheard of.

As far as I know, the games have never actually stated as a fact that Clefairy come from the moon. The Pokédex entries for Cleffa, Starmie, Lunatone, Solrock, and Elgyem all only go so far as to say that they are "rumored" or "believed" to come from space. Kyurem was thought by ancient locals to have fallen to Earth on a meteor, too, but Prof. Juniper later theorized that what they thought was a meteor was actually another Dragon Stone splitting off from the original dragon.

The point still stands. It's not like people haven't been discussing Pokémon coming from outer space.
This would absolutely confirm that there are "alien" Pokémon out there, but, really, what harm would the public knowing that do?
Really, I would think that it would do wonders for the Mossodeep Space Station since, as far as we know, that's the only space program in the Pokémon World. If trainers knew that there were new Pokémon to be caught in outer space, the funding for the space program would be immense. They're cutting off a potential windfall of cash, and I don't know why.

Anyway, this point aside, this was my favorite episode of Generations so far. Only way it could have been better was if Looker was in it, but he was having Amensia at the time, so it's understandable that he wasn't in it.

Once again another episode reaffirm my opinion that Pokemon Generation has the best battle portrayal. Keep up the marvelous work in animation!!!

For that part of "It is too soon for the world to learn that information", I really wonder what part within that video is deemed to be top-secret not to be leak to the public? Karamazov gave some speculation, but from my imagination, I could had thought of another possibility: Mossdeep Space Centre wanted to keep that information from public because they wanted to find that trainer and confiscate Deoxys for their own research, because Deoxys is an outer space creature, which its existence itself should arouse the extreme interest of many cosmologists and astrobiologists.
BTW, in terms of Real-Life logic, when an organization is suppressing information from disclosure, it is NEVER because they are concerning about the negative reaction of the public, rather it is due more to the concern of disclosing such information will causes hindrance and disadvantages to any future project for their own good. Hey, this surely makes the Pokemon World sound more realistic and less utopian than the fandom claimed it to be.

Also, I really like such portrayal of normal citizen's everyday life in the Pokemon World. Through the Pokemon Generation, we see the life of many non-trainer non-pokemon holder's daily life, which is something not possible in the TV Anime series. That's why Pokemon Generation is so great, because it expands tremendously on the non-pokemon background aspects of the Pokemon World. One don't need to be a trainer nor hold any pokemon to live an everyday life in Pokemon World.

Last edited:
Watched the episode properly. Thoughts:

- Five hours has not made me any less disappointed by the profound lack of Zinnia here.
- That disappointed is almost, but not quite, made up for by the kickass battle animation.
- I loved seeing the random Pokémon helping out around the news set, excellent touch.
- While I am miffed about the lack of Zinnia, Gabby and Ty were a great choice for some side-story focus, and they're used and expanded on well here.
- lol @ all that sound in space
- Speaking of sound, I wish I could say that I liked the Deoxys battle theme remix, but I couldn't hear it over the roars and laser beams.
- This whole minisode really just makes me realize how utterly ridiculous the climax of the Delta Episode is. I mean, it's great fun, and works extremely well for the games' purposes, and I do love the DE as a whole. But the logistics of, "Let's let an untrained 12-year-old fly into space on a dragon as the sole hope of preventing global annihilation" are just off-the-scale absurd, even for Pokémon.
- The scientist at the end seems phenomenally unruffled about what we're told here is highly sensitive classified information getting out. Although that is something that I wondered about, is just how public was the knowledge that Brendan/May stopped the meteor.

The point still stands. It's not like people haven't been discussing Pokémon coming from outer space.
This would absolutely confirm that there are "alien" Pokémon out there, but, really, what harm would the public knowing that do?
Really, I would think that it would do wonders for the Mossodeep Space Station since, as far as we know, that's the only space program in the Pokémon World. If trainers knew that there were new Pokémon to be caught in outer space, the funding for the space program would be immense. They're cutting off a potential windfall of cash, and I don't know why.

Can't say I disagree with any of that.

Pokemon Generations is weird...some are really good, some are really bad. I think this is one of the better ones, as they managed to show an already existing event through a new perspective (e.g., found footage?) whilst also following up on existing plots.

I also loved seeing how Pokemon are used in every day life. There was a Ninjask helping someone carry some cables. a Castform helping the meteorologist, and Loudred carrying a boombox.

That's definitely one of my favorite things about this series. Sometimes we get to see little aspects of the Pokemon world aren't ever touched upon, like the newsroom this time around or the SWAT operation from the second episode. It's another thing that makes the episodes based on events we see in the games a bit of a letdown since they probably wouldn't add many new details.

We're assuming that what the world isn't ready to learn is about space Pokemon but here's a few other tidbits tied to that event:

1) Mega-Rayquaza and the origins of Mega Evolution and Infinity Energy

2) The potential for alternate dimensions

3) The fact that Pokemon can hijack an entire asteroid and have it hit the planet

4) The fact that the world as they knew it was only narrowly thwarted by a prepubescent child

That footage is the smoking gun that the Space Center is hiding crucial information from the public. People will start snooping, and they'll start to find out any of the above information. People will start wondering why a child was sent up instead of a rocket. They'll find out about the original plan to teleport the meteor away, and potentially find out why that plan didn't pan out (i.e., the existence of alternate dimensions). People may start to find out what infinity energy really is since they needed that as fuel for the rocket.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom