• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

From the riddler thread on baidu forum, we have a scan from CoroCoro which says that next month issue will have about 50 silhouette for new Pokemon plus a poster with legendary Pokemon and ultra beasts together.

From the riddler thread on baidu forum, we have a scan from CoroCoro which says that next month issue will have about 50 silhouette for new Pokemon plus a poster with legendary Pokemon and ultra beasts together.
The Scan
1915b416fdfaaf51f6113058845494eef11f7a71.jpg

I doubt we'll get silhouettes for a whole 50 unrevealed Pokemon. It's likely they just mean that there will be a poster with 50 of the Pokemon we know of and some new ones mixed in. They always have a sticker set in the last CoroCoro before game releases so this is nothing new per say.

Yes, it's not 50 silhouettes of new Pokemon, but 50 stickers of new Pokemon along with legendary + ultra beast's poster.

And before Sinnoh, legendaries couldn't breed. Stop thinking in definites: things change, and we've never been told legends can't evolve, just that no legend ever has.

That said I don't think they'll be legends, but your reasoning for it not being is shaky at best.
Legendaries don't breed. Manaphy is a mythcial pokemon and the only exception. Phione doesn't evolve into it which makes Phione it's own pokemon. Legendaries can't not and will not evolve. Type Null is not a legendary and neither is it's evolution.

Legendaries don't breed. Manaphy is a mythcial pokemon and the only exception. Phione doesn't evolve into it which makes Phione it's own pokemon. Legendaries can't not and will not evolve. Type Null is not a legendary and neither is it's evolution.

Well you've already admitted there's a great big whopping exception to your "definite statements" I don't personally think Type: Null, Shivali are legendary, I think they are like the Porygon line. But there's no reason why in a future generation a legend couldn't evolve.

Do you have any reason why legends can't evolve, without referring to "it hasn't happened yet so will never happen"

Well you've already admitted there's a great big whopping exception to your "definite statements" I don't personally think Type: Null, Shivali are legendary, I think they are like the Porygon line. But there's no reason why in a future generation a legend couldn't evolve.

Do you have any reason why legends can't evolve, without referring to "it hasn't happened yet so will never happen"
Legendaries are already complete pokemon. They already have high BST as it is and a decent movepool to go with them. Plus it won't make them legendary if they evolve.

Legendaries can't not and will not evolve.

Legendaries are already complete pokemon. They already have high BST as it is and a decent movepool to go with them. Plus it won't make them legendary if they evolve.

Cannot they have a pre-evolution? And who knows if gamefreak is making a special Legendary with a prevolution, AND it retains its legendary status. The prevolution may even be a mythical/regular Pokemon evolving into a legendary...

Yes, it's not 50 silhouettes of new Pokemon, but 50 stickers of new Pokemon along with legendary + ultra beast's poster.
Is that all they're promising for next month? It sounds like a summary of known information with potentially nothing new.

Legendaries are already complete pokemon.

What do you even mean by this statement? Like, by what standards is a Pokemon considered "complete"? By the most basic definition of complete meaning all the parts are there some Legendary Pokemon definitely don't fit the bill. As a Dragon-type lover you should be aware of this with such examples as Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem being components of the Original Dragon as well as Zygarde being only a percentage of itself depending on how many cells and cores it contains at once.

Last edited:
Legendaries are already complete pokemon.
Kyurem is a legendary.
Kyurem requires it's body to be filled with truth OR ideal's power.
Hence, Kyurem isn't complete.
Hence, this particular legendary isn't complete.
Hence, some legendaries have a 50-50 chance of a pre-evo or an evo or an upgraded forme.
Prima facie, the statement "Legendaries are complete pokemon" is incorrect.
Possibility of a pre-evo not denied.
Case dismissed.

I guess a legendary prevo would be a Psychic type, then. But I don't know what kind of creature would evolve either into a lion or a bat. Sure, a manticore has features of both (and also of a possible Marshadow scorpion), but it'd lose the other side completely.

Unless it's like Lycanroc where the prevo looks different based on the version.

Or I'm remembering the leak wrong and it doesn't say it's a single prevo. Hold on, lemme check.

EDIT: Leaker says "common pre-evo", so yeah, I think I remembered it right.

Last edited:
Kyurem's concept as "a creature lacking yin and yang" is complete. That guy was clearly talking mechanics wise, not lore wise.

Kyurem is a legendary.
Kyurem requires it's body to be filled with truth OR ideal's power.
Hence, Kyurem isn't complete.
Hence, this particular legendary isn't complete.
Hence, some legendaries have a 50-50 chance of a pre-evo or an evo or an upgraded forme.
Prima facie, the statement "Legendaries are complete pokemon" is incorrect.
Possibility of a pre-evo not denied.
Case dismissed.
That is incorrect. Legendaries don't have a chance of evolution and pre-evolution. Only Manaphy was the exception and Phione had restrictions. There is no possibility of evolution or pre-evolution. Now case is dismissed.

What do you even mean by this statement? Like, by what standards is a Pokemon considered "complete"? By the most basic definition of complete meaning all the parts are there some Legendary Pokemon definitely don't fit the bill. As a Dragon-type lover you should be aware of this with such examples as Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem being components of the Original Dragon as well as Zygarde being only a percentage of itself depending on how many cells and cores it contains at once.
Kyurem and Zygarde only get alternate forms so they still count as complete.

Cannot they have a pre-evolution? And who knows if gamefreak is making a special Legendary with a prevolution, AND it retains its legendary status. The prevolution may even be a mythical/regular Pokemon evolving into a legendary...
It is not going to happen. Legendaries have to remain separated from normal pokemon. That means no evolution and pre-evolution. Phione happened but it cannot evolve so it can still count as a mythical pokemon.

That is incorrect. Legendaries don't have a chance of evolution and pre-evolution. Only Manaphy was the exception and Phione had restrictions. There is no possibility of evolution or pre-evolution. Now case is dismissed.

Kyurem and Zygarde only get alternate forms so they still count as complete.

It is not going to happen. Legendaries have to remain separated from normal pokemon. That means no evolution and pre-evolution. Phione happened but it cannot evolve so it can still count as a mythical pokemon.

You seem to know a whole lot about what GF can and can't do with their own characters don't you? I think you need to open your mind a bit. Sure a legendary that has a pre evolution or evolution may never come, but that doesn't mean it CAN'T.Stop using words so definite. You don't know what can or can't happen. It's fine if you don't THINK it'll happen, but seeing as you dont have control over the series I'd suggest that you stop acting like you know what the future has in store for us.

You seem to know a whole lot about what GF can and can't do with their own characters don't you? I think you need to open your mind a bit. Sure a legendary that has a pre evolution or evolution may never come, but that doesn't mean it CAN'T.Stop using words so definite. You don't know what can or can't happen. It's fine if you don't THINK it'll happen, but seeing as you dont have control over the series I'd suggest that you stop acting like you know what the future has in store for us.
I am not but it is pretty certain that legendaries do not get evolutions or pre-evolutions. It defeats the purpose of them being legendaries in the first place. Don't assume things about me when you don't know me at all.

Back
Top Bottom