• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM002: The Guardian Deity Kapu-Kokeko Appears! Challenge, Our Z-Move!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM002: Kapu-Kokeko Appears! Challenging the Z Move!
Airs: November 17

jczfTx9.jpg

I wonder what the Japanese text says since it looks like that Ash and Pikachu is excited about seeing Tapu Koko.

I wonder what the Japanese text says since it looks like that Ash and Pikachu is excited about seeing Tapu Koko.
Satoshi and Pikachu's new adventure begins!

The beginning of a new chapter! The setting of the new adventure is the Alola region, a place filled with nature. What awaits Satoshi and Pikachu here? The series premiere is a special where we'll show two episodes in a row.

While on a trip, Satoshi (voiced by Rica Matsumoto) and Pikachu (voiced by Ikue Ohtani) visit the Alola region. The Alola region, which is overflowing with abundant nature, is filled with unknown, fascinating things like new Pokémon, Pokémon that have taken on unique Alola forms, and more. And after Satoshi has learned there is a school called the "Pokémon School" there where you can learn about Pokémon, he decides to stay in Alola, move in with the schoolteacher Professor Kukui, and attend the Pokémon School. One day, Satoshi's classmates decide to hold a surprise welcome party for him. But suddenly, "Kapu-Kokeko", the Pokémon known as the island's guardian deity, shows up.

- credits for translation go to Dephender

This would be one of first ten episodes of SM that I would look into. If I don't like it then I am not continue with the series or any other since the show has been awful since Unova.

New summary for episode 2 that basically confirms Ash will be taking part in the Island Challenge.

SM002:

Now that Ash has decided to become a student at the Pokemon School in the Alola Region, his classmates decide to organize a welcoming party. He gets challenged three times, in different fields: A bubblepop challenge by Sophocles and his Togedemaru, a land and water-race between Pikachu and Lana's Popplio, and a race with Tauros against Kiawe. Afterwards, Professor Kukui wants to challenge Ash to a Pokémon Battle, but gets interrupted by Tapu Koko. He wants to be the first to battle Ash and wants him to test the new Z-move, Gigavolt Havoc. Pikachu lets out an enormous amount of electrical energy and Ash' Z-crystal shatters. In order to obtain a new Z-crystal, Ash decides to partake in the Island Trial.

New summary for episode 2 that basically confirms Ash will be taking part in the Island Challenge.

SM002:

Now that Ash has decided to become a student at the Pokemon School in the Alola Region, his classmates decide to organize a welcoming party. He gets challenged three times, in different fields: A bubblepop challenge by Sophocles and his Togedemaru, a land and water-race between Pikachu and Lana's Popplio, and a race with Tauros against Kiawe. Afterwards, Professor Kukui wants to challenge Ash to a Pokémon Battle, but gets interrupted by Tapu Koko. He wants to be the first to battle Ash and wants him to test the new Z-move, Gigavolt Havoc. Pikachu lets out an enormous amount of electrical energy and Ash' Z-crystal shatters. In order to obtain a new Z-crystal, Ash decides to partake in the Island Trial.

Source for this summary?

Source for this summary?
Série Animation Pokémon - Programme TV Gulli

Like the rest of the world (and like they did last year with XY), France will have a sneak peek and air the first two episodes of Sun and Moon anime. They posted the summaries for the first two episodes on the official website of the television network that will air the episodes.

The user Locormus from Serebii was kind enough to translate both summaries, and while the summary for episode 1 mentions nothing new, the summary for this episode contains many intriguing details.

Ash takes on Islands Trials? Yay, I knew it, Pokémon S&M is an adventure not a SOL!

The VA list for SM001 and SM002.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Lillie: Kei Shindō

Kiawe: Kaito Ishikawa

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Sophocles: Fumiko Takekuma

Professor Kukui: Keiichi Nakagawa

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Turtonator: Kenta Miyake

Bounsweet: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Togedemaru: Mika Kanai

Rockruff: Megumi Hayashibara

Litten: Chinami Nishimura

Principal Oak: Unshō Ishizuka

Delia Ketchum: Masami Toyoshima

Team Skull Grunt 1: Takaaki Uchino

Team Skull Grunt 2: Sōshirō Hori

Team Skull Grunt 3: Madoka Asahina

Driver: Kazuya Saji

Mr. Mime: Yūji Ueda

Here is a new summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Ash and Pikachu have decided to enroll in the Pokémon School. One day, their classmates decide to hold a surprise welcome party for them! But in the middle of this excited party, Tapu Koko, the Pokémon known as the island's guardian deity, shows up, and...?

Glad that it's been officially confirmed that Ash is taking part in the Island Challenge. But it seems like we'll have to wait until Ash finishes school and starts the challenge before we'll see him using Z-Moves again, which sucks for me :/ I was excited to see Z-Moves getting such big focus in the beginning, but his Electrium Z shatters right after he uses it.

Rockruff: Megumi Hayashibara
Not appearing: Shin'ichirou Miki
NOT FUCKING APPEARING OK: Inuko Inuyama
Mr. Mime: Yūji Ueda
I can just abour reconcile myself to the absence of the TRio from the first episode. There is a precendent. But episode 2?
I don't think I'm overreacting when I say that AYA MATSUI WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE I AM NEVER WATCHING YOUR CORRUPTION OF THE POCKET MONSTERS ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

EVER.

I can just abour reconcile myself to the absence of the TRio from the first episode. There is a precendent. But episode 2?
I don't think I'm overreacting when I say that AYA MATSUI WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE I AM NEVER WATCHING YOUR CORRUPTION OF THE POCKET MONSTERS ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

EVER.
Oh please, we both know you'll come back crawling at the first sight of Team Rocket. :p

Oh please, we both know you'll come back crawling at the first sight of Team Rocket. :p
Maybe you're right and maybe I will watch this Thursdays episodes as well because I love Pokemon BUT I JUST CAN'T THINK ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW AND I HAVE HAD TO PENT THIS FRUSTRATION UP FOR LIKE 3 WHOLE DAYS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON SEREBII TO BITCH MY FEELINGS OUT OMG I AM SO GLAD BMGF IS BACK

Maybe you're right and maybe I will watch this Thursdays episodes as well because I love Pokemon BUT I JUST CAN'T THINK ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW AND I HAVE HAD TO PENT THIS FRUSTRATION UP FOR LIKE 3 WHOLE DAYS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON SEREBII TO BITCH MY FEELINGS OUT OMG I AM SO GLAD BMGF IS BACK

I don't want to get your hopes up, but Unsho Ishizuka is listed for Samson Oak and not the Narrator, so either someone very important like Ash or Pikachu is the narrator and they take precedents over the Narrator, or there is no longer a narration, or there's a mistake. It wouldn't be the first time there's been a mistakes in the lists, even though they happen very rarely. And sometimes there have been changes to them. Because it does seem weird that they are featured on the first poster and are listed in the human characters section on the Sun and Moon TV Tokyo page, yet they aren't in either of the first episodes, but it could just be because they want the first two episodes to solely focus on everyone but them, as an introduction to the new characters and the things that Ash does.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but Unsho Ishizuka is listed for Samson Oak and not the Narrator, so either someone very important like Ash or Pikachu is the narrator and they take precedents over the Narrator, or there is no longer a narration, or there's a mistake. It wouldn't be the first time there's been a mistakes in the lists, even though they happen very rarely. And sometimes there have been changes to them. Because it does seem weird that they are featured on the first poster and are listed in the human characters section on the Sun and Moon TV Tokyo page, yet they aren't in either of the first episodes, but it could just be because they want the first two episodes to solely focus on everyone but them, as an introduction to the new characters and the things that Ash does.
Dude I too have been mulling over this possibility but there are mistakes and there are mistakes. You don't list Megumi Hayashibara as a dog when Musashi is appearing.

Dude I too have been mulling over this possibility but there are mistakes and there are mistakes. You don't list Megumi Hayashibara as a dog when Musashi is appearing.

Yeah, but I think one of the changes in the past included changing what the character/Pokemon the VA is credited for or maybe there are new people doing these lists and they forgot about Team Rocket. If not, then I'm sure they'll appear soon, since they were shown in one of the clips that focused on Mimikyu.

Yeah, but I think one of the changes in the past included changing what the character/Pokemon the VA is credited for
Considering that, as an example, Danka and Nyasu's Ballad are credited to the character names rather than the actors, I think we can safely say that this ain't the case here.

Tapu Koko appearing early is certainly a good start of this episode.

"Tapu Koko appears in the middle of the party and......."

Steals Ash's hat. We knew this since we saw him do it in one of the trailers. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom