• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Sun&Moon Datamine Thread (No story spoilers!)

Any idea how long it takes to get those drinks and bottle caps?
Not sure yet, sorry. I've only seen people talking about their existence and not any details yet. We should know soon, though.

They had a winning combination with Blissey Bases and Horde battles in ORAS, but cut them anyways.

That famous one step forward and two steps back philosophy at work here.

They had a winning combination with Blissey Bases and Horde battles in ORAS, but cut them anyways.

That famous one step forward and two steps back philosophy at work here.
except Blissey Bases probably weren't Game Freak's intention with Secret Base Battles and so the removal of them wasn't necessarily a conscious "remove this convenient grinding 'feature'" so much as "because bases are gone we lose the convenient grinding by extension."

http://i.********/vp/1478997609650.png
http://i.********/vp/1478999355721.png

Some dudes have posted those on 4chan right now and I'm freaking out here
That's why I thought Necrozma was going to be dragon/dark type UB. But it turns out Dragon/Dark is Guzzlord. Looking at that picture, it seems like a big chunk of its body is missing, so maybe we'll have to hunt down the parts to complete the dragon?

That's why I thought Necrozma was going to be dragon/dark type UB. But it turns out Dragon/Dark is Guzzlord. Looking at that picture, it seems like a big chunk of its body is missing, so maybe we'll have to hunt down the parts to complete the dragon?
Shouldn't this be in spoiler tags?

except Blissey Bases probably weren't Game Freak's intention with Secret Base Battles and so the removal of them wasn't necessarily a conscious "remove this convenient grinding 'feature'" so much as "because bases are gone we lose the convenient grinding by extension."
That might be but I'm sure the first thing people said when they confirmed bases was how one might abuse it with Blissey. And gamefreak should have seen what people did with the bases.

I reckon the new black pokemon would get more of a background in the next game. Don't think it would have much of a role in SM. Kind of like Rayquaza in RS, Giratina in DP, Kyurem in BW and Zygarde in XY.

I don't remember if this was mentioned on the Discord a few days ago, but I noticed something in the box sprites. Spiky-Eared Pichu has been given one.

And the Cosplay Pikachu's box sprites still seem to be in.

And gamefreak should have seen what people did with the bases.

Maybe they did, and realized that it wasn't what they'd intended them for, and said, "Yeeeeeeah no more of that."

Given Marshadow is the only "new" Mythical this gen (Yes, Magearna, but they're not new, per say) do you think Marshadow will get a new form for next year's film a la Diancie did in the run up to OR/AS?

Or do you think its Z move will be the big reveal next year and that'll be the surprise of the movie, like Diancie & Hoopa's forms were for their respective movies?

-Decidueyes Long Reach is nice , breaks through all versions of protect(maybe thats why it didnt got Phantom force and Shadow Snek, but it needs this priority move ) and shield based moves, that means it cant be poisoned by Baneful Bunker (the new poison shield) , Shel Trap won't activate , avoids activating Flame Body ,Poison Touch and Static.
Hope that its physical moves effects of it used on oponets still work and activate.

"Would be cool if they would create a Protect version move that can poison the foe by physical contact."
- Baneful Bunker
would fit perfect with some old pokemon (poison,rock,ground,grass,bug types)
especially with some starters. (I take that it works like a better Poison Touch)
Venusaur (should get it, seriously), Meganium(could get it as a reptile-flower),
Greninja(poison dart frogs, would fit it as a egg move), Toxicroak, Maractus, Dragalge could ,should get it instead of usual Protect.
If Salandidts stats are not the best then Baneful Baker could be made a option in future or make Tonapex get Corrosion, that would then work perfect.

Not would happen:
-Serperior(sorry there are no poisonous skined snakes)
-Chesanaught(only if they dont modify Spiky Shield in future),

Last edited:
Poke Pelago isn't the only convenient way to maximize EVs in these games.

PLS let this be true, that would be the best thing ever :cry: I did hate EV-training with the hordes, I know it goes a lot faster that it did before, but you still have to keep count and pay good attention to which item the Pokémon carries and when it shouldn't carry it and ugh, just too much effort.

Is there any news about the Pelago breeding island btw? Is it faster, how many eggs can we dump there, etc.? Another thing that would save a lot of time if done well.

Horde encounters were the best way to find shinies. Really bummed they took it out.

Well there is a new way to find shinies that seems easier than hordes and Dexnav hunthing:

It seems that when wild Pokémon summon allies, each new ally has a progressively higher chance of being shiny, having high IV's and having the Hidden Ability, if you don't break the chain. You can also force this by using Adrenaline Orbs (300P each).

Now I'm quite excited about this, cause chaining in this case simply means beating the ally mon over and over again while staying in the same battle, which is less effort than that bloody sneaking and having to call hordes continually.

However, its usefulness depends on the following:
  • Can many wild Pokémon call allies and is there an easy way to find Pokémon that do this? If we can lure them with Honey or Sweet Scent like hordes, that would be great.
  • Do wild Pokémon keep summoning new allies or do we have to continually use the Orbs to do this? The Totem battles I've seen never seem to call a new ally, so not sure how this works...
  • Is each new ally called the same Pokémon? Or else it's going to be hard to hunt for a specific shiny.
Contrary to the dexnav, there also doesn't seem a way to check if the ally has high IV's and which ability it has, so doesn't seem really useful when you're looking for that.

Also, it seems we get the Shiny Charm by completing the Regional Dex now, instead of the National Dex :D

I have a theory they could have buffed Cursed Body thats why Gengar got it.
Gengar is 110 fast, yes? (Kanto Dugtrio 120speed)

1-Maybe now Curse Body reacts not only when the oponent hits you but also when you hit your oponent first (30% chance to disable a move for 3 turns current effect)? (Imagine it to block a move before it can be even used)
2-Could be posibble that if it faints Cursed Body automatically activates and blocks the last move that took it down?
-both things(1+2) could be posibble at the same time.

(still want both Levitate and Cursed Body on it to have a choice like alolan Marowak, Jellicent, Frosslas, Bronzong have, I know they wanted to nerfe it, but that seperated it more from Mega Gengar then now)

Only One for 1 pokemon in your party a rival object to the mega stones and Z-stones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom