• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] The story of Sun&Moon

Personally I thought her not having a trial of her own and instead having us do an independent one with Kommo-o was hilarious... them saying, "Eat this, neurotic list-makers!" Which as a neurotic list-maker, I can appreciate. It's infuriating... but amusingly so in its why-the-hell-not-ness.

Just goes to show how casual Alola is. "This looks like a trial so alright, guess I'll do it!" and "Nah, I don't have my own trial or whatever."

Personally I thought her not having a trial of her own and instead having us do an independent one with Kommo-o was hilarious... them saying, "Eat this, neurotic list-makers!" Which as a neurotic list-maker, I can appreciate. It's infuriating... but amusingly so in its why-the-hell-not-ness.
But why make her tell us she plans to make a trial in the future, and even explain what trial she is planning? Enough with your "in the future, but not in this game" bullshit, dudes! You make awesome Pokemon games and then try to screw them. Why? You want a flower trial? Put it in the game, or don't mention it! You want a Ryhorn Racing feature in XY? Put it in the game, or don't mention it at all!

Sorry for the rant xD

Last edited:
At least we have a main female villain this time. Lusamine seems to fit the evil role well. I guess now we can't complain that we have no female main villain.

Is there a story with zygarde in the game?

Sort of

I mean, there's a sidequest where you collect Cells

But "story"... that's a strong word

I was thinking about the fallers, and if perhaps ORAS is the start of a Universe, but then I remembered that Sino and Dexia confirm that its actually XY that is the first point. Bah. Either way, Ι think with the games having cameo appearances and new designs for a boatload of old characters is Gamefreak's way of gearing themselves up for the future when they show up again, and are finally understanding the need for an overall plot that encompasses every region.

But making your travelling companion leave at the end (Lillie), and your supposed best friend Hau forshadowing he will leave as well... It's quite underwhelming. What if the player gets attached to those characters after sharing the entire main game with them? It just sucks to see them leave, or forshadow leaving.

This might end up being the biggest drawback for me in the games, as it messes up with my immersion.
Hau doesn't actually leave Alola; I'm pretty sure you can battle him indefinitely while defending your Champion title. He just says that he will go to Kanto eventually.

Making us miss Lillie is pretty much the point. Would you really rather that she stay in Kukui's lab or the Aether Base, not doing much of anything? She needs to become a trainer and we may very well get to see that happen.

Making us miss Lillie is pretty much the point. Would you really rather that she stay in Kukui's lab or the Aether Base, not doing much of anything? She needs to become a trainer and we may very well get to see that happen.
The ability to go and talk (interact) with a NPC is more satisfying for me. Knowing that this important character is gone forever from this game (unless you restart the game) sucks, imo.

However, now that I think of ot, it might not just be Ohmori doing this. N leaves Unova in BW1 at the end right? And he only returns in BW2. Also Looker leaves XY at the end as well. So Masuda does it as well, and we know Ohmori learns from Masuda.

Last edited:
No, but it makes sense for the villain to leave, somewhat. That's why I didn't count Giovanni.

But for characters like Lillie, Zinnia or N? No thanks.

However, now that I think of ot, it might not just be Ohmori doing this. N leaves Unova in BW1 at the end right? And he only returns in BW2. Also Looker leaves XY at the end as well. So Masuda does it as well, and we know Ohmori learns from Masuda.
it's Pokemon's MO. when a character is done, they're just written off to go do something else. it's a fairly common writing thing even beyond Pokemon. done with a character? put them on a bus or "bus."

it's Pokemon's MO. when a character is done, they're just written off to go do something else. it's a fairly common writing thing even beyond Pokemon. done with a character? put them on a bus or "bus."
No but in Pokemon, when a character is usually done, said character remains in your game and can usually be battled on a daily basis, or chosen as a Multi Battle partner in the regional Facility, etc. Or gives you useful information.

For example, Bianca doesn´t disappear in BW/BW2´s postgame, she gives you Pokedex information. Cheren Battles you. And so on.

I actually really like the idea of a game set in Kanto, with Lillie and Lusamine being in Kanto to find Bill and so on, but I would rather have that information saved for said Kanto game, and having Lillie stay in Alola during my game.

I actually really like the idea of a game set in Kanto, with Lillie and Lusamine being in Kanto to find Bill and so on, but I would rather have that information saved for said Kanto game, and having Lillie stay in Alola during my game.
Well, if that is their plan for the future, I appreciate the hint.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom