• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Sun&Moon Datamine Thread (No story spoilers!)

According to Smogon, when you chain SOS battles the EV given by the new Pokémon are higher. Apparently it will be a very quick way to train like with Hordes. According with the poster, he killed 4 Lillipups and the Attack EV went from 100 to 252. (with Pokérus and Power Item)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...iscussion-thread.3586427/page-50#post-7078910

So, at least to me, it looks like a reliable fast-method, and really good to have it together with the PokéPelago method to have both a quick and active method and a slower but passive method according to your needs.

No doubt we will see datamining again when GF does another demo for a future game. I'm not too worried since I am alright with ORAS and SM demos getting datamined.

According to Smogon, when you chain SOS battles the EV given by the new Pokémon are higher. Apparently it will be a very quick way to train like with Hordes. According with the poster, he killed 4 Lillipups and the Attack EV went from 100 to 252. (with Pokérus and Power Item)

SPOILERS! - Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread | Page 50 | Smogon Forums

So, at least to me, it looks like a reliable fast-method, and really good to have it together with the PokéPelago method to have both a quick and active method and a slower but passive method according to your needs.

So there are three different methods to raise EV's, of which two (Festival Plaza drinks and SOS battles), seem to be going just as fast if not faster than Hordes. And: "It looks like Power Items now give 8 additional EVs" :D

Also love how the methods are all very different so everyone can choose what they prefer:
  • Poké Pelago: requires hardly any effort (you dump your mons and they're trained while you sleep) but takes a lot of time.
  • Festival Plaza: requires hardly any effort but probably costs a lot of money and there's a limit to how many drinks you can buy a day.
  • SOS Battles: requires some effort, but is very fast and cheap.

Bless this game.

Last edited:
Apparently, you can raise a single stat defeating 7 Pokémon in a SOS Battle.

Considering that you don't need to call for different battles over and over again (5 Battles, defeating, using Sweet Scent again). Just using 7 moves (Horde asks for 5). I believe this method is as faster than Horde training.

Is the Vs Seeker confirmed? How often can you rebattle Trainers for EXP? Or is it like ORAS' rematch system?

From what I've read there isn't any rematch system. You can rematch certain important characters, but not random NPC's anymore.

Apparently, Water Bubble (Araquanid's Ability) boosts Water Moves in ~50%.

/vp/ - Has anyone used this thing? I'm trying to understa - Pokémon - 4chan

Thread on /vp/ for interested.

Edit: Apparently it DOUBLES the water moves. If it uses Liquidation, BP is 85, with doubling and STAB, it becames base 255. If it is SE, it will be 510... That's strong.

Also, it seems we get the Shiny Charm by completing the Regional Dex now, instead of the National Dex :D

... Bwahahahaha!

Oh Game Freak. I spend all of Gen VI working hard to create my first-ever Living Dex (and I mean Living, okay, like, we're talking all forms, all gender differences, and as of next month, everything will be pentagon'd) so that I can transfer it over to SM and get a Shiny Charm EZPZ.

And then this.

Honestly, I can only laugh. :LOL:

Edit: Apparently it DOUBLES the water moves. If it uses Liquidation, BP is 85, with doubling and STAB, it becames base 255. If it is SE, it will be 510... That's strong.
That's more impressive. If not for doubling the attack power of Water moves, Water Bubble seems like a slightly upgraded Water Veil.

If that is true (I'll wait til I see it tested on Smogon or something rather than /vp/, no offence), then Araquanid is massively redeemed in my eyes.

EDIT: That's what you get for waking up late, lol. That's really neat, I'm glad Araquanid has something to redeem it. And also nice to see what it actually looks like with someone using it - I thought everyone would be on the Wishwashi bus. Still wished it had a cuter looking face like Galvantula and Ariados though

Last edited:
If that's true with the shiny charm after completing the regional dex, then I am sure GF consider to a reduced number of pokemon as the new national dex standard. Also one more hint towards no more gen 7 games but I don't want to start another of those discussion so...

If that's true with the shiny charm after completing the regional dex, then I am sure GF consider to a reduced number of pokemon as the new national dex standard. Also one more hint towards no more gen 7 games but I don't want to start another of those discussion so...
No it isn't. We will get another pair of gen 7 games. So tired of SM being treated as the ultimate games when they are not.

No it isn't. We will get another pair of gen 7 games. So tired of SM being treated as the ultimate games when they are not.
K dude you need to chill with the this is never gonna happen stuff. You do not work for gamefreak therefore the actuality of it is totally unknown. Who knows maybe they will do a third again and not a remake set. I personally would love a yellow remake cause I love yellow. Mainly because pikachu follows you and I love that interaction, but the fact is only they truly know. Maybe they really will not do another. For all you know maybe sm is the ultimate game for some people, but the full on this will not or will happen is kind of harsh when nobody truly knows. Just chillax a little.

K dude you need to chill with the this is never gonna happen stuff. You do not work for gamefreak therefore the actuality of it is totally unknown. Who knows maybe they will do a third again and not a remake set. I personally would love a yellow remake cause I love yellow. Mainly because pikachu follows you and I love that interaction, but the fact is only they truly know. Maybe they really will not do another. For all you know maybe sm is the ultimate game for some people, but the full on this will not or will happen is kind of harsh when nobody truly knows. Just chillax a little.
Never said I work for GF. But there is no way SM is the only gen 7 games. That would pure laziness and wouldn't benefit GF when it comes to profit,

It has been discovered that the -ate abilities has a reduced 20% power boost to Normal attacks, rather than 30% in Generation 6. The power reduction is minor, since it's usually paired with powerful attacks and priority.

This change also affects Galvanise, but more importantly, it affects Normalise, so Delcatty gets an 80% power boost in every attack it can learn, and probably originally Normal attacks too. Therefore, Delcatty has got more than a Speed boost: it's got a power boost.

One thing that wasn't brought up in this thread is Pyukumuku. It's an odd Pokemon because it doesn't learn any attacks, except for a couple of moves that reflect damage. This is compensated by its access to great status moves, such as Recover, Purify and Baton Pass. It also has Soak, so it's not totally helpless against any Poison- or Steel-types. Having Unaware and Psych Up can even make it a decent counter for set-up attackers without Taunt, since it is extremely slow and can Baton Pass another team mate safely.

Lame that we didnt get a ground priority move this generation, that would have made more sense then to nerf Gengars Levitate(why didnt they ad Cursed Body as a secondary, like the Bronzong)

Talonflame got Gale Wings nerfed but why full hp only?
It could have worked also with 50% HP.
That after it fals below 50% it can't use Gale Wings... it's rather a buff if you think of , Dazzling and Queenly Majesty to protect Talonflame from beeing blocked to use flying type attacks.
(Psychic Terrain works only on land moving pokemon I think)

To be able to give Gengar more abilities, its pre-evolutions need to have an ability change too. None of the Pokemon starts out with one ability, then evolve to have multiple abilities. There's a reason Duskull got Frisk as a Hidden Ability in Generation 6, even though it's got Levitate before this. Therefore, Gastly needs a new ability first, then only Gengar can have it.

I am in favour of Gale Wings only working at 100%, given that Talonflame is already very fast.

Thanks for reading.

It has been discovered that the -ate abilities has a reduced 20% power boost to Normal attacks, rather than 30% in Generation 6. The power reduction is minor, since it's usually paired with powerful attacks and priority.

This change also affects Galvanise, but more importantly, it affects Normalise, so Delcatty gets an 80% power boost in every attack it can learn, and probably originally Normal attacks too. Therefore, Delcatty has got more than a Speed boost: it's got a power boost.
Wait, so now Normalize gets the same boost that the -ate abilities have? So Delcatty gets STAB and a 20% to attack power?

Back
Top Bottom