• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Sun&Moon Datamine Thread (No story spoilers!)

The everstone thing is interesting. Makes it easier to hatch normal Rattata and so on.

Saw someone say "None of the four Oricorio forms (Baile/ Fire, Pom-Pom/ Electric, Pa'u/ Psychic, Sensu/ Ghost) learn any attacking moves that are from their secondary typing." and I checked it and it's true :/

Was planning to get Sensu on my team in Moon and Baile in Sun, but if they don't learn any Ghost- or Fire-type moves, I'm not so sure anymore...

EDIT: Forgot Revelation Dance exists, but still :p

Last edited:
Saw someone say "None of the four Oricorio forms (Baile/ Fire, Pom-Pom/ Electric, Pa'u/ Psychic, Sensu/ Ghost) learn any attacking moves that are from their secondary typing." and I checked it and it's true :/

Was planning to get Sensu on my team in Moon and Baile in Sun, but if they don't learn any Ghost- or Fire-type moves, I'm not so sure anymore...

EDIT: Forgot Revelation Dance exists, but still :p

At least they're not Pyukumuku. It doesn't have ANY attacking moves at all.

Have fun leveling it up.

I'm just upset the National Dex is gone. I can't believe they locked 400+ Pokemon behind a paywall. This is why I believe that Gen 7 will be more than just Sun and Moon.

Just found a nice and short explanation on how training IV's with Bottle Caps and EV's with Poké Pelago/Festival Plaza exactly works, by someone on 4chan:

IVs:
>To Hyper Train, you need a Bottle Cap and a Pokemon at level 100
>There are two types of Bottle Caps, one which max out one stat and one which maxes out all stats
>Hyper Training doesn't actually set IVs to 31, it instead sets a flag that makes the game treat all IVs as 31, meaning that the ORIGINAL HIDDEN POWER IS KEPT
>In other words, a Hyper Trained Ditto is not a 31 IV Ditto and will use the old imperfect IVs when bred
>Bottle Caps can be obtained by trading Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Shards with a guy at the Festival Plaza. Shards can be obtained from the Pelago.
>"hurr durr no blissey bases how do I get to level 100" - Levels can be raised using most of the same features that raise EVs (Plaza, Pelago) described below

EVs - The Poke Pelago (PASSIVELY TRAIN EVS WHILE YOU SLEEP OR DO SOMETHING ELSE)
>At the third and final upgrade, Isle Evelup has 3 groups. Each group can have up to 6 Pokemon each and each group can focus on training one stat at a time.
>WITHOUT Poke Beans, each group gains 4 EVs every 30 minutes (8 EVs per hour or 31 and a half hours to max a stat).
>WITH Poke Beans, each group gains 4 EVs every 15 minutes (16 EVs per hour or 15 and a half hours to max a stat).
>You can set the precise interval you want to train if you want to reach a specific final EV.

EVs - The Festival Plaza (FREE, INSTANT EV MAXING)
>One of the booth types in the Plaza is a shop that sells EV boosting drinks (for Festival Coins - FC - basically Poke Miles). At the highest level, these shops sell drinks that can fully maximize a stat.
>The shops can sell multiple EV maxing drinks ("Max HP", "Max Def" etc.) but you can only buy each drink once a day per shop (meaning that you could buy both the HP and the Def drink in one day).
>You can have up to 7 booths in your Plaza, and they can be duplicates of one another. In other words, in the best case scenario, YOU CAN INSTANTLY MAXIMIZE EACH STAT UP TO 7 TIMES PER DAY
>"hurr but how do i get a good booth" - You can check what booths both random players and friends have and clone their booths to your plaza. In other words, if someone gets a good booth, it can spread like Pokerus. Just add someone from /wfg/ with it and its yours. Quick and easy.
>"hurr what if i only want 128 EVs" - There are medium and small size drinks as well in lower tier shops.

EVs - Wild Pokemon
>it just like how it worked in gen 5, except faster (but not as fast as hordes) because of Exp Share and the fact that wild pokemon can summon allies for quick grinding.

It's 90 BP, same as stuff like Energy Ball and Thunderbolt. so it's pretty strong.
So for Oricorio Sensu it's better than Shadow Ball. Cool.

I love that there are items to change the form, too. I can catch Oricorio on Melemele and change its form whenever I find the relevant item.

I was initially worried EV training was going to be harder this gen, but reading about all these Festival Plaza drinks, Poke Pelago, SOS battles and more about Hyper Training itself, it all sounds pretty damn good.

I just got one question, how does one remove EVs from a stat in these games? I suppose there's specific drinks for that too?

I don't think these are all the QR codes, because only the first half have shiny forms, and it's missing a bunch of other forms like regular Geodude and Mega Aerodactyl. But cool site still.

Ah yes, that should've been "All Regional Dex QR codes", sorry about that. Fixed it in OP.

Does anyone know what the different Ribbons are? All I know is that we have four in this game and that's about it. I'd really like to know what they are so I can plan on possibly earning all of them.

And something interesting about QR codes: according to Pokémon GO Hub after scanning 10 codes a rare Pokémon appears in the area, which aren't always from the Regional Dex. It seems the first one is
Chikorita.

Is that a post-game thing? If not it could change how people build their story teams.

Something else occurred to me, do you think it might be possible to catch version exclusives using this method? Like if someone playing Sun scans an Oranguru QR code then Oranguru might appear even though it's usually exclusive to Moon?

Last edited:
Is that a post-game thing? If not it could change how people build their story teams.

Something else occurred to me, do you think it might be possible to catch version exclusives using this method? Like if someone playing Sun scans an Oranguru QR code then Oranguru might appear even though it's usually exclusive to Moon?
I'm pretty sure that the QR codes for Pokemon in the regional Pokedex merely register them in the Pokedex.

Can we scan those QR code right away? Cause if this is the case, I'll pick Popplio as my starter and just scan shiny Rowlet into my game instead of soft-reseting thousand of times before obtaining it.

Can we scan those QR code right away? Cause if this is the case, I'll pick Popplio as my starter and just scan shiny Rowlet into my game instead of soft-reseting thousand of times before obtaining it.
Read my post above. Do you really think that Game Freak would make shinies so widely accessible?

Back
Top Bottom