• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

The process works exactly as usual - for instance, in order to enhance Swords Dance (a Normal-type move), you would equip your Pokémon with a Normalium Z-Crystal.

The animation is also the standard one that plays for any attacking move of that type, except the sequence stops right before the name of the attacking Z-Move would normally appear in big, golden letters. Here's a video of Z-Splash being used.
Ah, okay, thank you so much!

If you have two moves of the same type do you get to choose which one becomes the Z-move? Like if you have both Swords Dance and Return?

If you have two moves of the same type do you get to choose which one becomes the Z-move? Like if you have both Swords Dance and Return?

Yep. Although if I remember right, it highlights the one that will be more powerful, but that's just a visual signifier.

So the Apricorn balls are given to us at some point, but are we able to obtain more later on? I'd hate to have only a limited supply of them, I'd never be able to let myself use any for fear of wasting them.

So the Apricorn balls are given to us at some point, but are we able to obtain more later on? I'd hate to have only a limited supply of them, I'd never be able to let myself use any for fear of wasting them.
Apparently there is only one of each of them in the game.

Apparently there is only one of each of them in the game.

That... is a big load of garbage. What if one fails???? "Guess you're all out of Moon Balls then, you wasted your chance!!!"

Well, thank you for letting me know, even if the answer is really disappointing. :C

That... is a big load of garbage. What if one fails???? "Guess you're all out of Moon Balls then, you wasted your chance!!!"

Well, thank you for letting me know, even if the answer is really disappointing. :C

From what I've heard, you can buy more Apricorn Balls in the Festival Plaza, in the Johto Tent.

My questions:

1. I heard Red and Blue cannot be recruited at the Battle Tree, because they are the Bosses of Singles and Doubles, respectively. Can all other important NPCs at the Battle Tree be recruited? And do you only fight them once, or if you don´t recruit them they will keep reappearing at the Battle Tree when you reach certain streaks? Or do they not reappear after the first time you defeat them?

2. Can ALL the important NPCs of the game be rematched in the postgame, in a way or an other? Mallow and Liawe are at the Battle Tree, 2 of the Kahunas and 1 Trial Captain are at the Pokemon League, Plumeria, Kukui and Gladion challeng you for your League Title, but What about the rest? Wicke, Faba, the remaining Trial Captains, the 2 remaining Kahunas, etc.

3. How many Alola NPCs are at the Battle Tree in total? I know 9 NPCs from other regions, and Mallow and Kiawe from Alola as well. Anybody else? Guzma maybe...?

4. What kind of Single Player missions can be done at the Festival Plaza? I know there are Team Missions, but I heard there are Single Player ones as well? Are there missions similar to BW2´s Funfest Missions, like collecting Berries, helping Ace Trainers train, find an Audino, buy items, etc?

5. I heard the Battle Royal is structured like Contests from Hoenn and Sinnoh. There are 4 ranks (Normal, Super, Hyper, Master) and you need to win once to unlock the next rank. Is there any sort of Boss Character there, like Lissia/Wallace/Chaz in ORAS?

6. Are there any minigames in this game? The 3 Amie minigames were removed, Super Training minigame was removed... any new ones to compense this?

Last edited:
Does anyone know when you battle the Trial Captains? Is that still part of the Island Challenge or do they just battle you for fun?

Does anyone know what the new TM moves are? I know that some, like Incinerate and DIG *weeps* have been replaced, and some HMs have been changed to TMs, but what are the new TMs? Are they new moves introduced in this game? Or are they old moves that have now TM status? And speaking of TMs, since Leech Life replaced Dig, does that mean Leech Life has higher BP and such?

Does anyone know what the new TM moves are? I know that some, like Incinerate and DIG *weeps* have been replaced, and some HMs have been changed to TMs, but what are the new TMs? Are they new moves introduced in this game? Or are they old moves that have now TM status? And speaking of TMs, since Leech Life replaced Dig, does that mean Leech Life has higher BP and such?

Here is a list of tm's:
list tms.png

The missing ones are new moves:
TM59: Brutal Swing
TM67: Smart Strike
TM70: Aurora Veil

According to the datamine, Leech Life now has a BP of 80 and a PP of 10, but since that is exactly the same as Dig some people think this might be a mistake.

do you think Leech lifes power rose to 80 becuse of the amount of dual typed grass types this and past that take neutral damage to bug type moves? (-grass/ghost , -grass/fairy, -grass/steel)

Leech Life is 80 BP now. also i would say Dig is significantly less useful now that there's moves like Bulldoze.

Even so, Dig gave a lot of Pokemon coverage for quite some time, and has quite superior power to Bulldoze. Plus it allowed a lot of odd Pokemon to use a Ground move, as not all Pokemon that can learn Dig can learn Bulldoze. And Dig can't hurt your partner in doubles, while Bulldoze can. Plus the AI usually isn't smart enough to dodge Dig anyway. So I still see Dig as superior regardless of Bulldoze, especially since it's been a mainstay since the beginning. Competitively Bulldoze may be better, but I don't care about that area of battling anyway. So Dig should've stayed, as it has more than its fair share of uses (more than Leech Life, even with increased BP).

Does an Alolan Pikachu even at all exist, or is it just exclusive to Raichu?

Do all of the Kanto Pokemon (barring legendaries likely) even have Alolan forms? I'll be sorely disappointed if they don't.

Does an Alolan Pikachu even at all exist, or is it just exclusive to Raichu?

Do all of the Kanto Pokemon (barring legendaries likely) even have Alolan forms? I'll be sorely disappointed if they don't.
Just Raichu. Only the Raticate, Ninetales, Dugtrio, Muk, Persian, Sandslash, and Golem lines have Alolan Forms. Raichu, Exeggutor, and Marowak are the only ones in their lines with Alolan Forms. So there's only like 18 Alolan forms total.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom