• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Like the Ideas you have; Namely the Ones I Bolded up above my Comment; which are THESE Ones:
  • Same Graphics from Pokemon Sun and Moon will be on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remake
  • The Following Pokemon will get new Mega Evolution: Flygon, Milotic, Weavile, Luxray, Roserade, Rhyperior, Froslass, Floatzel, Mismagius, Drapion, Hippowdon
  • Dialga and Palkia can now undergo a new transformation process similar to Primal Reversion called Ascension, which changes them into their Ascended Dialga and Ascended Palkia respectively. The Adamant Orb and Lustrous Orb are the keys to the Ascension of these Pokemon.
  • New Exclusive Z-moves for The Sinnoh Starters, Johto Starters, Pikachu, Raichu, and more
  • Not only we get new Z-move, but Z-forms will be introduced, Z-Forms acts similar to Mega Evolution, before you use Z-moves, it'll changes the pokemons formes that resembles you (just like Ash-greninja), if the pokemon takes damage you'll take damage too, but if the pokemon faint you'll automatically lose the battle.
  • Pokemon who are getting Z-Forms: Exclusive to Sinnoh Starter, Johto Starters, Uonva Starters Chesnaught, and Delphox,
  • New Forms Changes called Sinnoh Forms
  • You obtain your Key Stone in Celestic Town after you defeat Team Galactic Leader Cyrus
  • Your Rivals have the combination of Diamond/Pearl and Platinum team depending on what starter pokemon you choose. In Platinum, as soon you have choose your starter and Barry choose his starter that is stronger than yours, he will jump right into battle from the start, it'll happen the same way like it did Platinum in D/P Remake. New rival battle at Eterna City and Veilstone City before or after you get a gym badge
  • The game features move tutors who teach certain moves to Pokemon (the elemental punches, Signal Beam, Superpower, etc.) in exchange for colored shards. Instead of being scattered around Sinnoh like in Platinum, all of the tutors are now located in Veilstone City i the building that used to be a Game Corner
  • After Teaming up with Cheryl, Mira, Riley Marley, and Buck, you can call them on the Poketch at anytime to team up with them
  • After Sun and Moon, the Trial are still in Gen 4 Remake, but the Trial captains are Gym Leaders. You have to do a Trial first, once you complete the Trial, you have to challenge the Gym Leaders. Once you beat the gym leader, you'll obtain a trial completion and a gym badge.
  • The Gym leaders are fought in the same order as in D/P. Each Gym Leader has the same team as in D/P and Platinum team except for Fantina (who instead has her D/P team), Byron (who has his Platinum team), Candice (which has her Platinum team) and Volkner (who has his Platinum Team).
  • When you battle the Elite 4 for the first time, They be fought using the Platinum Team with Diamond/Pearl Level by their signature pokemon from D/P (Aaron's Drapion, Bertha's Hippowdon, Flint's Infernape, and Lucian's Bronzong)
  • Cynthia uses her Team from D/P, but now her Garchomp can Mega Evolve, but when you rematch her, she'll uses her team from Platinum.
  • After the Platinum episode, there's a new Battle Facility that replaces the Battle Frontier.
  • No Hms, Poke Rides is still a thing
  • Bikes are back
  • Seasons return in the game
  • Fantina's Gyms should keep her gym design from Platinum
  • The regional pokedex features all pokemons from platinum, but still have pokemon exclusives from diamond/pearl, plus sylveon and all non-mythic native to sinnoh
  • Poke Ball Seals are back, and there are more of them.
  • The Explorer's Kit and the Sinnoh Undeground are back. You can create a secret base in the Underground like before. Players can now interact with each other in the Underground via Wi-Fi. Special digging spots, sphere venders with rare items, and other players' secret bases can be unlocked via StreetPass. Certain Mega Stones from earlier games, such as Aerodactylite, can be obtained by digging in the Underground
  • Sinnoh's Climate is the same all around as it is in Diamond &Pearl. However, during the Platinum Episode, snow falls from the sky in southwest Sinnoh, including Twinleaf Town and nearby routes. Furthermore, the sun shines harshly in northeas Sinnoh, including the new Battle Facility. Battles that occur in the formers area during the Platinum Episode feature hail and those in the latter area feature harsh Sunlight
  • Taking Kyurem to Celestic Town ad speaking with Cynthia's grandmother will award the player the DNA Splicer, allowing them to fuse Kyurem with Zekrom or Reshiram to from Black/White Kyurem
  • After Capturing Zekrom/Reshiram, N will challenge the player to battle
  • The outfit that Lucas and Dawn start with are based on the outfits they wear in Diamond and Pearl. At the beginning of the Platinum Episode, your mother buys you a new outfit in response to the drop in temperature. The new outfits received are based on the ones Lucas and Dawn wear in Platinum. From that point onward, you can switch between the old and new outfits at anytime by visiting you house.
  • Jukebox will be on the game, you'll be able to listen to every music from the game
It's good isn't it?

My wishes for Sinnoh remakes:

- Remakes of D/P with elements of Platinum (Giratina, Distortion World, Battle Frontier, etc) Either that, or give Giratina its own episode like Rayquaza did in OR/AS.
- Regional variants, obviously.
- Overlord Pokemon (Totem Pokemon of Sinnoh) that have taken control over certain domains in Sinnoh and you have to battle and defeat them at various points in the game. These Pokemon are feared across Sinnoh as various scientists are trying to figure out the cause of their abnormal behavior.
- New Z-moves (or not, maybe it would be an overkill?)
- New Mega Evolutions, primarily for the Sinnoh starters.
- Underground comes back and its purpose is primarily as it was in DP (looking for rare items), but it also used for some plot developments (how did they not think of using the Sinnoh underground as an evil base for bad guys?)
- No more HMs like in S/M.
- Gyms are back but with a twist (still figuring out the twist, but it would have to be something major enough to set them apart from regular gyms but still be like the old, familiar gyms).

- The involvement of Ultra Beasts. I don't see why they couldn't introduce maybe two new Ultra Beasts (one per each version of the remakes) - their dimension-hopping abilities would tie into nicely with Giratina's Distortion World. Perhaps they disturb Giratina? Perhaps they find the Distortion World a suitable environment for them?
- New forms for Dialga and Palkia - after being taken over by parasitic UB organisms (or fusing with them), their appearance changes as well as typing. The 'corrupted' versions of Dialga/Palkia cause temporal/spatial distortions all over Sinnoh in the climax of the game.
- In the neat final twist of the game, you use Giratina to save the region by defeating the corrupted Pokemon. Whereas before Giratina was deemed as the renegade Pokemon, the entirety of Sinnoh celebrates Giratina as its new protector.

Last edited:
Here's how I'd do a DP remake

-Dialga/Palkia get new gimmicks
-Platinum's Battle Frontier situation
-Bigger underground with online functions (streetpass for new bases, shows friends online live, battle friends underground)
-Give Team Galactic more character development
-Gyms
Roark
-Geodude lv12
-Onix lv12
-Cranidos lv14

Gardenia
-Wormadam lv20
-Cherubi lv20
-Roserade lv22

Maylene
-Monferno lv28
-Machoke lv28
-Lucario lv30

Crasher Wake
-Lumineon lv28
-Quagsire lv28
-Floatzel lv30

Fantina
-Drifblim lv35
-Mismagius lv35
-Banette lv37

Byron
-Steelix lv39
-Bronzong lv39
-Bastiodon lv41

Candice
-Weavile lv42
-Froslass lv42
-Mammoswine lv42
-Abomasnow lv44

Volkner
-Raichu lv48
-Luxray lv48
-Jolteon lv48
-Electivire lv50
-Elite Four
Aaron
-Yanmega lv55
-Heracross (Vikavolt in rematch) lv55
-Beautifly (Golisopod in rematch) lv55
-Vespiquen lv55
-Drapion (Mega in rematch) lv57

Bertha
-Whiscash (Seismitoad in rematch) lv56
-Golem (Diggersby in rematch) lv56
-Rhyperior lv56
-Gliscor lv56
-Hippowdon (Mega in rematch) lv58

Flint
-Flareon (Turtonator in rematch) lv57
-Infernape lv57
-Rapidash (Chandelure in rematch) lv57
-Houndoom lv57
-Magmortar (Mega in rematch) lv59

Lucian
-Bronzong (Gallade in rematch) lv58
-Mr Mime (Gothitelle in rematch) lv58
-Medicham (Malamar in rematch) lv58
-Alakazam lv58
-Gallade (Mega Bronzong in rematch) lv60

Cynthia
-Spiritomb (Kommo-o in rematch) lv62
-Milotic lv62
-Gastrodon (Oricorio in rematch, form randomised) lv62
-Togekiss lv62
-Roserade (Sylveon in rematch) lv62
-Mega Garchomp lv65
-Gym rematches would work like Emerald
-Elite Four would gain 12-13 levels after completing post-game story

One thing that must be updated, is the game speed. Diamond and Pearl were the slowest games ever. Platinum at least fixed this. So hope it stay fixed.

My wishes for Sinnoh remakes:

- Remakes of D/P with elements of Platinum (Giratina, Distortion World, Battle Frontier, etc) Either that, or give Giratina its own episode like Rayquaza did in OR/AS.
- Regional variants, obviously.
- Overlord Pokemon (Totem Pokemon of Sinnoh) that have taken control over certain domains in Sinnoh and you have to battle and defeat them at various points in the game. These Pokemon are feared across Sinnoh as various scientists are trying to figure out the cause of their abnormal behavior.
- New Z-moves (or not, maybe it would be an overkill?)
- New Mega Evolutions, primarily for the Sinnoh starters.
- Underground comes back and its purpose is primarily as it was in DP (looking for rare items), but it also used for some plot developments (how did they not think of using the Sinnoh underground as an evil base for bad guys?)
- No more HMs like in S/M.
- Gyms are back but with a twist (still figuring out the twist, but it would have to be something major enough to set them apart from regular gyms but still be like the old, familiar gyms).

- The involvement of Ultra Beasts. I don't see why they couldn't introduce maybe two new Ultra Beasts (one per each version of the remakes) - their dimension-hopping abilities would tie into nicely with Giratina's Distortion World. Perhaps they disturb Giratina? Perhaps they find the Distortion World a suitable environment for them?
- New forms for Dialga and Palkia - after being taken over by parasitic UB organisms (or fusing with them), their appearance changes as well as typing. The 'corrupted' versions of Dialga/Palkia cause temporal/spatial distortions all over Sinnoh in the climax of the game.
- In the neat final twist of the game, you use Giratina to save the region by defeating the corrupted Pokemon. Whereas before Giratina was deemed as the renegade Pokemon, the entirety of Sinnoh celebrates Giratina as its new protector.
Here's how I'd do a DP remake

-Dialga/Palkia get new gimmicks
-Platinum's Battle Frontier situation
-Bigger underground with online functions (streetpass for new bases, shows friends online live, battle friends underground)
-Give Team Galactic more character development
-Gyms
Roark
-Geodude lv12
-Onix lv12
-Cranidos lv14

Gardenia
-Wormadam lv20
-Cherubi lv20
-Roserade lv22

Maylene
-Monferno lv28
-Machoke lv28
-Lucario lv30

Crasher Wake
-Lumineon lv28
-Quagsire lv28
-Floatzel lv30

Fantina
-Drifblim lv35
-Mismagius lv35
-Banette lv37

Byron
-Steelix lv39
-Bronzong lv39
-Bastiodon lv41

Candice
-Weavile lv42
-Froslass lv42
-Mammoswine lv42
-Abomasnow lv44

Volkner
-Raichu lv48
-Luxray lv48
-Jolteon lv48
-Electivire lv50
-Elite Four
Aaron
-Yanmega lv55
-Heracross (Vikavolt in rematch) lv55
-Beautifly (Golisopod in rematch) lv55
-Vespiquen lv55
-Drapion (Mega in rematch) lv57

Bertha
-Whiscash (Seismitoad in rematch) lv56
-Golem (Diggersby in rematch) lv56
-Rhyperior lv56
-Gliscor lv56
-Hippowdon (Mega in rematch) lv58

Flint
-Flareon (Turtonator in rematch) lv57
-Infernape lv57
-Rapidash (Chandelure in rematch) lv57
-Houndoom lv57
-Magmortar (Mega in rematch) lv59

Lucian
-Bronzong (Gallade in rematch) lv58
-Mr Mime (Gothitelle in rematch) lv58
-Medicham (Malamar in rematch) lv58
-Alakazam lv58
-Gallade (Mega Bronzong in rematch) lv60

Cynthia
-Spiritomb (Kommo-o in rematch) lv62
-Milotic lv62
-Gastrodon (Oricorio in rematch, form randomised) lv62
-Togekiss lv62
-Roserade (Sylveon in rematch) lv62
-Mega Garchomp lv65
-Gym rematches would work like Emerald
-Elite Four would gain 12-13 levels after completing post-game story
All of those are really good ideas :), it likely to happen in Dp remake :)

@Tsu about your suggestion for adding a new Ultra Beast or two for Sinnoh remakes, I think the problem with that is they'd be adding completely new Pokemon then. Which, I'm sure we wouldn't mind if they did that, but Game Freak doesn't seem to want to. :/

Perhaps new forms of the Ultra Beasts could work?

It does remind of something someone on /vp/ suggested, though. New evolutions of Pokemon in the Ultra Beast's dimension, though they'll probably want to stick with forms, so the Dialga/Palkia suggestion could work. I'd love to see that.

@Tsu about your suggestion for adding a new Ultra Beast or two for Sinnoh remakes, I think the problem with that is they'd be adding completely new Pokemon then. Which, I'm sure we wouldn't mind if they did that, but Game Freak doesn't seem to want to. :/

Perhaps new forms of the Ultra Beasts could work?

It does remind of something someone on /vp/ suggested, though. New evolutions of Pokemon in the Ultra Beast's dimension, though they'll probably want to stick with forms, so the Dialga/Palkia suggestion could work. I'd love to see that.
Are you suggesting, that they'll might some more new pokemon and new ultra beasts in Gen 4 remake? and Gen 4 remake will be a sequel from Sun and Moon

Last edited:
Like ORAS, I think GF would stay as true to the original DP as possible. So some of these suggestions are unlikely to happen in my opinion.

well i don't mind a few changes in DP remake, if it likely happens, i don't mind it
There can be minor changes. For example, you can go to Southern Island during the story of ORAS which was not in the originals. Not to mention that mega evolution and primal reversion were also added. So yes, there can be changes as long as the story remains mostly true to the originals.

As for Giratina, it could get the same treatment Rayquaza got for ORAS by having a post game story/plot. Rayquaza wasn't well known or mentioned in R/S but was given a better role in Delta Episode. Giratina had the same treatment in DP as an unknown/unmentioned pokemon in the game.

There can be minor changes. For example, you can go to Southern Island during the story of ORAS which was not in the originals. Not to mention that mega evolution and primal reversion were also added. So yes, there can be changes as long as the story remains mostly true to the originals.

As for Giratina, it could get the same treatment Rayquaza got for ORAS by having a post game story/plot. Rayquaza wasn't well known or mentioned in R/S but was given a better role in Delta Episode. Giratina had the same treatment in DP as an unknown/unmentioned pokemon in the game.
Yeah, but about Megas, I don't know if we'll see new megas in Gen 4 remake, because we didn't get new megas in Sun and Moon, They likely follow the mechanic from the new game (For example Mega Evolution was introduced in XY and followed over to ORAS with some more new megas, not to mention the introduction of Primal Reversion). They might have something that revolve around Z-moves, like Z-moves can change a pokemon's form that resembles the trainer, and then we might get sinnoh forms. So I don't know if they'll bring new megas and as for primal I don't know either (It might be exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre), so we might get something that's exclusive to Dialga and Palkia

Staying true to the original RS is probably the biggest thing that kept ORAS from being awesome.

This. ORAS was too similar to RS for its own good, there was so much missed potential in the game. Not only did they not really build on RS much, but they didn't even include Emerald elements? Yeah no, one of the best things about Sinnoh was the size and content, if they pull the same crap with Sinnoh remakes they're going to get a lot more flak for it. At the very least keep everything from DP and Platinum's Sinnoh Dex and it'll still be a good game. But they really should go further than a virtual copy/paste job, especially if they like "surprising" people so much.

This. ORAS was too similar to RS for its own good, there was so much missed potential in the game. Not only did they not really build on RS much, but they didn't even include Emerald elements? Yeah no, one of the best things about Sinnoh was the size and content, if they pull the same crap with Sinnoh remakes they're going to get a lot more flak for it. At the very least keep everything from DP and Platinum's Sinnoh Dex and it'll still be a good game. But they really should go further than a virtual copy/paste job, especially if they like "surprising" people so much.
Uh...they are remakes of ruby and sapphire for a reason. They are suppose to be similar. There could have been more Emerald stuff but GF chose not to so the games would stick to the originals. ORAS are decent games in my opinion.

Expect GF to do the same with DP remakes. They would be remakes of Diamond and Pearl. Not Platinum. Sticking true to the originals is what remakes are about. Remakes usually updates the originals games.

Staying true to the original RS is probably the biggest thing that kept ORAS from being awesome.
Well DP's main game I would say is stronger than RS's. It was held back by low speed and people's obession with fire types. But still we should encourage them to go above and beyond for a better experience instead of rigidly sticking to the orignals to please the small handful of purists who just want to replay the exact same content with some better graphics.

hope that ground types in the remake (Torterra) get something special like the untrapable ghost got in gen VI?

The hint of gen IV remake was in the new anime with Giratina in its weird dark blob form.

hope that ground types in the remake (Torterra) get something special like the untrapable ghost got in gen VI?

The hint of gen IV remake was in the new anime with Giratina in its weird dark blob form.
And people think the Gen 4 remake will happen in 2018, 2019, or 2020, it'll likely happen in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom