• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM001: Alola! The Starting Island, the Starter Pokémon!!

Lol, i just stated one up as well, look's like it's gonna be a War of The Threads at this point.

Already off to a good start:

- CONTINUITY!!!! In the flashback we see Ash dropping off 5 Pokeballs with Oak - probably the Pokeballs of his Kalos Pokemon. Ash also mentioned his Tauros which is very nice!
- Ash being competent and kicking ass.
- Ash being so entertaining the whole damn time.
- Z-moves looking AMAZING.
- Ash being chosen by Tapu Koko for some reason.

I'm hyped.

- CONTINUITY!!!! In the flashback we see Ash dropping off 5 Pokeballs with Oak - probably the Pokeballs of his Kalos Pokemon. Ash also mentioned his Tauros which is very nice!

I'm hyped.
Me too. :D

The opening song animation just spoiled ash getting a grubbin. It looks like ash is finally getting another electric type besides pikachu. Yes indeed, the hype is real

The opening song animation may have just spoiled ash getting rockruff, rowlet, and litten as well

Do you have a link? I can't seem to find the episode on youtube. I wonder where else we can watch it
The first 1hr special finished like an hr ago. Will have to wait a while before both episodes are out on YT.

I'm hyped.
I know right. I'm enjoying it already :D

Actually, Litten seems to be walking along the walls instead of with the gang. My guess is that unlike the other starters, it's going to remain a wild Pokémon for quite some time.
Yeah, maybe, but Kiawe's Turtonator isn't exactly near him and it might just be more cluttered if if were near Ash. Maybe it's implying that it's wild, but it will later go to Ash.

Professor Kukui is there and Rockruff is no where near him in that shot.
Also remember that in the second poster for SM anime, Rockruff is shown with the group's Pokemon and Kukui is nowhere to be seen.

Actually, Litten seems to be walking along the walls instead of with the gang. My guess is that unlike the other starters, it's going to remain a wild Pokémon for quite some time.
Yeah I think so too. It may travel alongside them for a while, like Krookodile and then join Ash's team later perhaps.

Also remember that in the second poster for SM anime, Rockruff is shown with the group's Pokemon and Kukui is nowhere to be seen.
Its possible Rockruff is Kukui's but it takes a liking to Ash, if Rockruff is confirmed as Kukui's.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom