• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 20: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Dub Episode Titles Thread

Reaction score
SM001: Alola to New Adventure!
"What begins as a vacation on Melemele Island in the Alola region turns into the promise of many, many exciting adventures to come. "

SM002: The Guardian's Challenge!
"Ash and Pikachu adjust to life in the Alola region and meet their new classmates. But, when his Z crystal is destroyed during a battle, Ash must undergo an island challenge trial to earn a new one. "

Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon
will premiere next Sunday at 12 p.m. on CITV.

SM001: Alola to New Adventure!

Very good title overall. I like the pun since the region is fittingly called Alola and Alola is also a greeting. Only thing I'd suggest is adding an "s" to "Adventures". It's a given that Ash will have more than adventure there. But it's a small nitpick. While it drops the mention of Starting Island and Starter Pokémon, I think this title gets the point across without dragging out too long.

SM002: The Guardian's Challenge!

Again, very good title. While it completely forgoes mention of Tapu Koko and Z-Moves, sometimes too much information is a bad thing. This is technically a great translation of the Japanese title while omitting the spoiler-y details. And most of all, no puns!

Overall, TPCi has started off with some very good episode titles. Let's hope they keep the ball rolling when the dub finally starts airing SM weekly.

Wow, didn't expect the UK to get dubs before the US, correct me if I'm wrong, but the UK dubs are the same as the US dubs right or are they different?

Wow, didn't expect the UK to get dubs before the US, correct me if I'm wrong, but the UK dubs are the same as the US dubs right or are they different?

Yeah, the UK just uses the US dub with the English cast (Sarah Natochenny and co.).
Some of XY episodes like Coming Back Into the Cold and Climbing the Walls aired in the UK before they aired in the US on Cartoon Network.

Titles look good. I want to see how well this series stacks up to ones like Sinnoh.

Wait so I'm lost, is there no word yet on if these are airing on CN in the United States as a sneak peak?

Come in, TPCI, I can't believe you have once again messed this up. These scenes were supposed to be funny and lighthearted, not super serious and intense.

Come in, TPCI, I can't believe you have once again messed this up. These scenes were supposed to be funny and lighthearted, not super serious and intense.
I wouldn't say they stuffed up or have stuffed up yet, since there are dramatic parts in the Sun and Moon anime, like when Ash and Kiawe battled Team Skull and when Ash battled Tapu Koko. The anime is a bit more lighthearted, but it still has its equal share of dramatic moments as well. When Ash was with Professor Kukui there weren't any comedic moments, I don't think there were many when Ash and co. were eating before Tapu Koko showed up and even the part where Ash was being chased by Bewear had dramatic music and I think that part wasn't completely comedic, seeing as Ash could have been seriously injured if Bewear hit Ash.

OK, after a little more listening, I can kinda guess who Mallow's VA is, while the guys from Team Skull is kinda hard, but I need a little more evidence on it

It was the trailer of a comedy show. tpci is really generating fake hype these days... first it's parent company did it with the league and now with the next series.

It was the trailer of a comedy show. tpci is really generating fake hype these days... first it's parent company did it with the league and now with the next series.

I think that there's a difference between a comedy series and a light-hearted series. Even in the Japanese promos and trailers, there are some serious moments. It's not a wacky slice of life comedy series with Pokemon thrown into the mix, so I don't think that they're generating fake hype. They want to make the new series look cool for kids and that's what they did.

I liked the trailer. The music was good and I liked hearing a bit of the dub, although we only heard the dub voices for Mallow and the Team Skull grunts. I figured that they'd keep the whole Pokemon The Series given how they've put that label on the other series. A part of me does kind of miss the dub subtitles, but they were clearly struggling to come up with new ones during BW, so it was probably for the best to just go with Pokemon The Series: Insert game titles here instead.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom