• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM003: Hello, Roto, I'm the Rotom Pokédex, Roto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my days HOW did I miss that preview?!
They got to narrate it! :X3: I'm concerned that I'm pathologically addicted. Hearing their voices was akin to a hit of heroin after 3 weeks cold turkey!!!!!!

RE the music I don't think it's big enough to be the motto theme, I expect this to be their "other" track, but we shall see. I agree with @PTOldMan that if this is the motto music it will feel like the heroes rather than the villains arriving! <3 (YMMV on how true this actually is...)
Besides I can really see Mimikyu being Meowth's third arm behind Wobbuffet in Pikachu shorts and similar things and I'd like to think they wouldn't give both of those spots to Jessie's Pokemon while overshadowing James.
Yeah ultimately this is key and probably the most important reason why it should go to Kojirou!

I really hope Team Rocket has a new motto instead of using the original. The original is great, but I honestly don't think it really fits modern day Team Rocket as much. In the original series, and specially in the very beginning it was Jessie and James ganging up on Meowth as if they really didn't like Meowth that much. It's their motto while Meowth is hardly a part of it. By the time they changed it in AG they were so much more in sync as a trio rather than a duo, therefore I think Meowth has earned his place in the motto along with Jessie and James, not just putting the finishing touch on theirs. I also hope they don't use stock animations as much as in XY cause that is definitely how you take something cool and make it stale.

I agree with @ShadowZone1996.
I love the original motto and it is a classic beyond human comprehension, but the BF & DP mottoes in which Nyasu was actually a 3rd equal member of the gang just felt so much fairer.

My main anxiety is to see the end of the stock motto animation. After just 2 episodes it's too early to say anything. Oh God I have just had a new worry - what if some clown decided to get rid of the motto altogether?! They wouldn't do that, would they?........

I could see them getting rid of it, or at least making it significantly shorter. They clearly didn't like it enough in XY to make it a unique, badass intro each time like every other series (except maybe BW) and towards the end of XY there were a few episodes they went without doing it at all when they could have, so they might axe it altogether?

I could see them getting rid of it, or at least making it significantly shorter. They clearly didn't like it enough in XY to make it a unique, badass intro each time like every other series (except maybe BW) and towards the end of XY there were a few episodes they went without doing it at all when they could have, so they might axe it altogether?
Or conversely, considering the trajectory of SM so far as compared to XY/BW, they may return it to the prominence it had in the earlier series. We might have (part of) the answer this time next week!

They even kept doing their motto in BW so I don't think it's going anywhere.

I want Team Rocket to have a rivalry with Team Skull :p hopefully Giovanni tells them about a gang of villains roaming around in Alola.

What are TR saying during the preview? What are they doing in Alola?

I am so glad that Team Rocket's Team Song is being retained, even if it has been remixed. To be honest, it was such a good background track for them in XYZ that I thought it would have made a great full-time motto theme and wished it had been held back for a while.

Now for the big question... where are Maaiika and Pumpjin? I fear they've been dumped at headquarters which will tick me off considering how close Kojiro and Maaiika were.

I also feel a bit sorry for Satoshi; after all this time he must be thinking he's finally lost Team Rocket.

Episode 2 of SM anime was the only episode so far that seems beyond average for me. Whether this episode sparks any interest in me is yet to be determined.

Going by the preview Iwane is putting a ton of effort into this episode, more so than usual. He's also being allowed to go off model more than usual, which is awesome.

I absolutely love so much how this thread has become a full on TR discussion. The TRio has probably been sent there to deal with Team Skull, or maybe the Eather Fundation as a twist? I don't know if those guys are evil. I'm European! Haven't played the games yet!

I've noticed how it seems like everyone is so busy playing the games that no one has edited the main page for SM003 lmfao

I think this one hasn't been posted, TR's ending theme and Mimikyu beating up Pikachu!

Yeah, Flynn posted it on the previous page. There's not that many pages to check, no offence though.

I absolutely love so much how this thread has become a full on TR discussion. The TRio has probably been sent there to deal with Team Skull, or maybe the Eather Fundation as a twist? I don't know if those guys are evil. I'm European! Haven't played the games yet!

I've noticed how it seems like everyone is so busy playing the games that no one has edited the main page for SM003 lmfao

Yeah, I'm not a big of a fan of Team Rocket as say Dogasu, Jez, ii kanji, kantoskies or I'm assuming yourself, but I do like them, especially when they are pseudo-protagonists, so it's nice to see Team Rocket taking up a lot of the discussions here lately.

About the Bulbapedia page, yeah, I guess the games are the priority now, and I can understand that, seeing as there's lots of new things to add and people are probably really invested in playing the games, like I would be, when I get the chance to play it. Plus, we only found out what characters are appearing in this episode Thursday when the official preview for this episode was posted.

What are TR saying during the preview?
(Translation v. v. approx only)
M: Yahoo! Alola region is the best right?!
K: Blue skies, white clouds, shining emerald sea!
N: *Something about Alola's speciality malasada doughnuts*
M: Yes, yes, those are also soooo delicious!
(Not too sure about the next 3 lines)
K: We're putting a huge effort into our serious work.
M: Team Rocket are keeping at it!
N: *Something I don't understand*
MKN: Next time on Pokemon-
RZ: -Sun & Moon: Hello, Roto, I'm the Rotom Pokédex, Roto!
KN: Eh?
M: What is that voice? Roto-? What is that?

So... the million dollar question!
Will Inkay and Gourgeist's absence be subtly addressed, like Ash's Kalos team? Or will their existence be completely ignored?

So... the million dollar question!
Will Inkay and Gourgeist's absence be subtly addressed, like Ash's Kalos team? Or will their existence be completely ignored?
Surely it'll be addressed!
Though mind you, Kenta Miyake is appearing (listed as Sakaki) so WHAT IF they're still around?! Does anyone know whether Sakaki or Maaiika had precendence in XY?

Surely it'll be addressed!
Though mind you, Kenta Miyake is appearing (listed as Sakaki) so WHAT IF they're still around?! Does anyone know whether Sakaki or Maaiika had precendence in XY?
Sorry, but unless Gourgeist/Pumpjin was listed, the odds of those two appearing aren't very big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom