• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Alola Region

I am hearing from different sources (people that have already played the game) that the game has more inaccessible locations, and places "under construction" than any other Pokemon games. Is this true, or is it an exaggeration? I hope it is the latter.

Well, fuck... I was hoping it´s no worse than previous Pokemon games... That is dissapointing to hear.

There are a few inacessible buildings, but that's nothing new. I mean, Goldenrod City and Lumiose City had quite a few. I can understand some complaints though, like the golf course, which honestly looks like an area that is acessible, but is not. Plus, those empty lots and all. Alola is still an absolutely stunning region to me though.

There are a few inacessible buildings, but that's nothing new. I mean, Goldenrod City and Lumiose City had quite a few.
I wouldn´t mind if SM have the same amount of inacessibe locations like previous games. What I find concerning, is that according to many people, SM has more inaccessible locations than other games did. So do you think it´s not worse than other games before SM?

Nothing we can do about it if GF decides to make areas not accessible. The region is still fairly big enough to explore.

I wouldn´t mind if SM have the same amount of inacessibe locations like previous games. What I find concerning, is that according to many people, SM has more inaccessible locations than other games did. So do you think it´s not worse than other games before SM?
I didn't really feel like there was more inacessible areas that past games, probably just as much as any game before had.

I didn't really feel like there was more inacessible areas that past games, probably just as much as any game before had.
I hope you are correct. I hope those saying it´s more than in any past game are exaggerating, and it´s no worse than previous game!

I haven't beaten the game yet so I haven't seen all of Poni Island (there does seem to be a post game "route" there leading to the Battle Tree), but in general it doesn't seem to feel that incomplete at all. Like I said, it's style over substance, there are some sections that look like they could be explored but aren't, but unlike Kalos there's no mention of these areas or hints that they could be explored. Frankly, area wise I don't think there's much if anything that could be expanded on, they'd have to add more islands to the game and I don't think they'll do that because it would screw up the game's lore if there's extra islands.

I haven't seen many inaccessible areas yet. Am currently on my way to Poni Island.

The region is immensely natural, beautiful and very explorable! :)

I just realized something really clever about the layout and distribution of Route 3. Just past the wooden bridge, you can find a patch of grass on the cliff's edge where you have a 1% chance of encountering Bagon. But just to the right, down at Kala'e Bay, there is a patch of grass directly beneath the one up on the cliff, which has a 10% chance of encountering Bagon. Now look at Bagon's Pokédex entry:

> "Bagon has a dream of one day soaring in the sky. In doomed efforts to fly, this Pokémon hurls itself off cliffs. As a result of its dives, its head has grown tough and as hard as tempered steel."

Well done, GF.

Back
Top Bottom