• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Is there any way to change the pokeball an egg is in?

I know it's based on the female but I'm trying to breed a Drampa but the mother is in a dusk ball and I want it to be in a regular pokeball.

I guess I could trade one of my breeded Drampas for a Turtonator and then breed the Turtonator and trade it for female drampas until I get one in a pokeball....jeez this is a lot more awkward than I was hoping for.

If I collect 50 cells in Sun and 50 cells in Moon, then create two Zygarde and transfer one over, and seperate it, does the Zygarde cube recognise the 100 cells and let you access Complete Form, or do you have to have found 100 cells in your own game?

Are you able to catch Tapu Koko if it fainted in your first encounter? They don't really give you a chance to prepare a team for it, so right now I'm just stuck throwing Ultra Balls at it...

edit: thought i had it when it wiggled thrice, but it popped back out. ):
edit x2: killed it on accident :f
It'll reappear once you go through the Elite 4 again.

So typically, will we have all confirmed locations of hidden items (rather than just a search team compiling a list that we probably do not know for sure if it's complete or not) when the official guidebook comes out? Looking through the Bulbapedia articles, I still see some missing and/or inaccurate information regarding hidden items here and there (i.e. the Arceus plates that seem to spawn throughout after a certain point in the game is reached, some items such as the Stardust at Hau'oli City being hidden items but not listed as such on the items list)

1 - In battles with wild Pokemon, if you hit Y you automatically bring up the first Pokeball you have (for me it's a Great Ball since I didn't buy more Poke Balls until Great Balls were available). Is there any way to assign this to any other Pokeball? I wanna have a Quick Ball assigned since that's what I use the most.

2 - I'm trying to get the TM for Embargo from the scientist in the Geothermal Power Plant. When I talk to him, he says:

"...Oh, hello. I appreciate you stopping by, but do you think you could come back tomorrow?
I don't have anything to give you right now."

I don't remember if he gave me something when I talked to him while snooping around during the story, but now that I'm in the postgame all he says is this and won't hand over the TM. I know I don't have it since my TMs are listed by number. If I talk to the Magnemite next to him, it says:

"... ... ... ... ... ...
It looks like it's feeling a bit blue..."

I'm guessing that's the reason for why the scientist won't give the TM but I don't know what to give or show it, it doesn't give me any options. Anyone know? Do I have to bring a specific Pokemon?

1 - In battles with wild Pokemon, if you hit Y you automatically bring up the first Pokeball you have (for me it's a Great Ball since I didn't buy more Poke Balls until Great Balls were available). Is there any way to assign this to any other Pokeball? I wanna have a Quick Ball assigned since that's what I use the most.
it's whatever was last used

If you transfer a 50 cell Zygarde to the other game, which already has 50 cells can you reach 100 cells and activate Power Construct or does that only become a thing when you have "found" 100 cells in your own game.

I have two traded Pokemon with Japanese names, I want to change them but the name eater tells me how great the names are and won't let me change them, is there anything I can do?

I'm wondering if the method of raising Pokemon happiness by repeatedly learning TM is true? If it is, how many happiness point that the Pokemon gain by learning TM moves? Does Soothe Bell still double the amount?
Also, how long does Isle Avue raises happiness to maximum? Does the happiness mechanic still the same as previous games?

Thank you very much :)

I just assembled my 10% Zygarde, and I'm wondering what happens when I finish collecting all 100 shells. None of the guides are clear about this. When I upgrade to Complete Forme, do I lose my IVs, EVs, nature, and ribbons? Do I have to start over again, or does it just upgrade your existing Zygarde and let you keep everything else?

In Pokemon Emerald, how do I get a second Luxury Ball without trading? I've already picked up the one in Abandoned Ship. In case it makes a difference, the internal battery has run dry, so no clock-based events will happen.

Would holding a Lagging Tail increase the strength of Gyro Ball, or does it only calculate the user's actual Speed stat?

I just assembled my 10% Zygarde, and I'm wondering what happens when I finish collecting all 100 shells. None of the guides are clear about this. When I upgrade to Complete Forme, do I lose my IVs, EVs, nature, and ribbons? Do I have to start over again, or does it just upgrade your existing Zygarde and let you keep everything else?
Complete form only happens during battle when Power Constrict Zygarde reaches less than half health. Every time you disassemble Zygarde, you lose IV's, EV's and ribbons.

How do I find Gabite? Been trying to get one appear but it hasn't shown up. Does it appear in a sandstorm?

Complete form only happens during battle when Power Constrict Zygarde reaches less than half health. Every time you disassemble Zygarde, you lose IV's, EV's and ribbons.

And I can upgrade from Aura Break Zygarde to Power Construct Zygarde without disassembling him and losing everything?

And I can upgrade from Aura Break Zygarde to Power Construct Zygarde without disassembling him and losing everything?

I believe so, but you cannot disassemble a Power Construct Zygarde. You can only shift it from 10% to 50% and back.

Since the Lagging Tail doesn't change the actual speed stat, it sadly will not affect the damage of Gyro Ball or Electro Ball. It will affect Analytic though.

So I've read somewhere that in a SOS battle, the EV gain is doubled.

What I'm wondering though, is how that works.

If a battle results in two Caterpie, does that mean that each Caterpie gives 1 HP EV? (Effectively resulting in 2 HP EVs if I defeat them both, thus 'doubled')

Or is it that the two Caterpies each give 2 HP EVs themselves?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom