• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see DP remakes pushing Stars or whatever it is called back until 2019.

Stars has more evidence for it than Sinnoh remakes, in my opinion. So I see Stars in 2017 and Sinnoh remakes in 2020. Don't see it in 2019 due to it maybe being the start of Gen 8.

Stars doesn't have evidence. It is just rumors that had been start up. Of course DP remakes have no evidence either. It could go either way.

There's more evidence for stars than DP remakes.

And DP remakes on the switch will be infinitely better than DP remakes on the 3DS.

There's more evidence for stars than DP remakes.

And DP remakes on the switch will be infinitely better than DP remakes on the 3DS.
That is your opinion. There is no evidence of either. There is only rumors and I hope Stars is fake which is most likely in my opinion. DP remakes on 3DS would just be good as they would be on Switch in my opinion.

I don't think it would be feasible for GF to start out a new generation of Nintendo consoles with a remake. I'm thinking DP remakes will most likely stay on 3DS if they even happen.

I don't think it would be feasible for GF to start out a new generation of Nintendo consoles with a remake. I'm thinking DP remakes will most likely stay on 3DS if they even happen.
They won't. Every new gen starts out with fresh games with new regions, characters, pokemon etc.

Here's all of the known Sinnoh remake hints.

1. Silvally's RKS System Ability is a clear Arceus reference.
2. Few Sinnoh Pokemon are obtainable in these games. This also occurred with Gen 2 Pokes in DP and Gen 3 pokes in XY.
3. This video was uploaded by the Pokemon JP YouTube channel:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtseZPBDwRI
Only Sinnoh Pokemon are featured in it.
4. Cynthia is the only Battle Tree opponent without a redesign.
5. The Dimension Research Lab only references three Pokemon (Giratina, Bronzong, and Palkia), all of whom were introduced in Sinnoh.

In terms of evidence:
Stars >>> Sinnoh remakes
Three credible sources vs Some hints

I believe Stars way more than Sinnoh remakes.

In terms of evidence:
Stars >>> Sinnoh remakes

A Sinnoh remake is going to happen and I know that without it being confirmed. Back before generation 3 was remade (years prior actually): People told me a remake would never happen. I said it would and that's a fact. Nobody believed me, but look what happened? Boom remake.

It might not be 2017 or 2018, but a remake will happen and that's a fact based on how they've remade the games so far and how the DS system (if not already) will be obsolete (like the gba became).

A Sinnoh remake is going to happen and I know that without it being confirmed. Back before generation 3 was remade (years prior actually): People told me a remake would never happen. I said it would and that's a fact. Nobody believed me, but look what happened? Boom remake.

It might not be 2017 or 2018, but a remake will happen and that's a fact based on how they've remade the games so far and how the DS system (if not already) will be obsolete (like the gba became).
I know that it'll possibly happen. But people are speculating Sinnoh remakes for 2017 when Stras are rumoured to happen.

So it's Sinnoh remakes vs Stars for 2017. I am on #TeamStars.

Let's see... whaever's the next game, it should have new Megas +New evolutions for old Pokemon +New Forms for Arceus, Space/Time trio, Legendary Birds and beasts+ more battle bond Forms. Overall, a lot of lore and new forms

In terms of evidence:
Stars >>> Sinnoh remakes

None of those are sources we can count on in my opinion. Stars is looking more fake at the moment in my opinion. DP remakes I can see happening over it in 2017.

I did some digging myself and found out that Kalos has the least Pokemon in Sun and Moon.

Here are the results (answers have been rounded):
Kanto: 86/302 = 28%
Johto: 30/302 = 10%
Hoenn: 34/302 = 11%
Sinnoh: 29/302 = 10%
Unova: 30/302 = 10%
Kalos: 12/302 = 4%
Alola: 81/302 = 27%

The twelve Kalos Pokemon:
Carbink
Sylveon
Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Goomy
Sliggoo
Goodra
Phantump
Trevenant
Klefki
Zygarde

None of those are sources we can count on in my opinion. Stars is looking more fake at the moment in my opinion. DP remakes I can see happening over it in 2017.
Why are we so sure 4th region is happening next year? I ask because I don't doubt the possibility and understand either of you could be right, but haven't researched this topic much. I just know remakes will happen, for sure.

Why are we so sure 4th region is happening next year? I ask because I don't doubt the possibility and understand either of you could be right, but haven't researched this topic much. I just know remakes will happen, for sure.

My guess is that it's because OR/AS were announced and released within a year after X/Y. So the same could happen with Sinnoh remakes. They could be announced early/mid 2017 and released late 2017/early 2018.

With the Stars rumor I'm not too sure about this now.

I did some digging myself and found out that Kalos has the least Pokemon in Sun and Moon.

Here are the results (answers have been rounded):
Kanto: 86/302 = 28%
Johto: 30/302 = 10%
Hoenn: 34/302 = 11%
Sinnoh: 29/302 = 10%
Unova: 30/302 = 10%
Kalos: 12/302 = 4%
Alola: 81/302 = 27%

The twelve Kalos Pokemon:
Carbink
Sylveon
Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Goomy
Sliggoo
Goodra
Phantump
Trevenant
Klefki
Zygarde

That points more towards Kalos than anything else. For everything from Kalos they did include in this game there's so much more they didn't.

My guess is that it's because OR/AS were announced and released within a year after X/Y. So the same could happen with Sinnoh remakes. They could be announced early/mid 2017 and released late 2017/early 2018.

With the Stars rumor I'm not too sure about this now.
Oh, I get it! I'd love to see a remake sooner or later since its been so long since I played Gen 4, but I'm in no rush. I just hope it releases before 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom