• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

So I've read somewhere that in a SOS battle, the EV gain is doubled.

What I'm wondering though, is how that works.

If a battle results in two Caterpie, does that mean that each Caterpie gives 1 HP EV? (Effectively resulting in 2 HP EVs if I defeat them both, thus 'doubled')

Or is it that the two Caterpies each give 2 HP EVs themselves?

It means that any single Caterpie now gives 2 HP EVs themselves, so defeating the two Caterpie would give you 4 HP EVs total.

In Pokemon Emerald, how do I get a second Luxury Ball without trading? I've already picked up the one in Abandoned Ship. In case it makes a difference, the internal battery has run dry, so no clock-based events will happen.

Have you tried the Lilycove City Department Store? Also, Bulbapedia mentions something about the contest hall at Lilycove City, so 2 birds with one stone by travelling to Lilycove.

Yes, I have. The Lilycove Department Store sells Poke, Great, and Ultra Balls, but no Luxury Balls. I don't know what Bulbapedia is driving at. I talked to every NPC in the contest hall and searched the place with the Itemfinder, but found no Luxury Ball.

Does anyone know where I can get an item that helps you run away from battle? Like a Poke Doll or Fluffy Tail?

There's a smoke ball behind one of the Trucks in the town/city that Team Skull have taken over.

There's a smoke ball behind one of the Trucks in the town/city that Team Skull have taken over.

Thanks but it's ok now. I was trying to catch a ditto but I didn't have any fast Pokemon so running away from other Pokemon (like Fearow) was a pain.....but I caught Ditto so all is well.

(I'm not that far yet anyway)

How long does it take for eggs to hatch in Poke Palego? I read somewhere that it can hatch eggs after some time, but I don't know if there's a guaranteed timer...

Also, do they all hatch at the same time? like, if you leave a Magikarp egg and an Eevee egg wi they hatch at the same time? or will they hatch differently due to the different cycles?

How do you get wild Pokemon to join you in Poke Pelago? I know you have to check on them and Mohn says that they'll think about staying, but they're always gone the next day.

Yes, I have. The Lilycove Department Store sells Poke, Great, and Ultra Balls, but no Luxury Balls. I don't know what Bulbapedia is driving at. I talked to every NPC in the contest hall and searched the place with the Itemfinder, but found no Luxury Ball.

It's indeed not very clear what Bulbapedia means with that, but I've found the following:

"In Generation III, if a Master Rank winner has already earned the Ribbon for that category and rank, the player will be given a Luxury Ball."

So it seems you need to get the Master Rank in a category in contests twice to get one ^^;

How do you get wild Pokemon to join you in Poke Pelago? I know you have to check on them and Mohn says that they'll think about staying, but they're always gone the next day.
As far as I know its random if they stay or leave. Some pokemon have better odds of staying but I don't think there's anything that can effect it.

1. Where do you get more Apricorn balls? Samson Oak hands you one of each but is that all?

2. Where do you get the love Ball, only one I've not found.

3. After catching all Ultra Beasts, how do you get the story to go onto catching Necrozma or getting Type: Null from Gladion, Looker and Annabel left, briefly hinted at Necrozma and now I'm wandering around aimlessly.

Last edited:
1. Where do you get more Apricorn balls? Samson Oak hands you one of each but is that all?

3. After catching all Ultra Beasts, how do you get the story to go onto catching Necrozma or getting Type: Null from Gladion, Looker and Annabel left, briefly hinted at Necrozma and now I'm wandering around aimlessly.

Necrozma can be found in the grass at 10 Carat Hill. To receive Type: Null, go to the Aether Foundation to the conservation area. Somewhere around there you'll find Gladion, and he'll give the Pokémon to you.

Sorry for so many questions but this is just a curious one, where is the area from the demo that was inbetween Hauoli city and 10 carat hill, the beachy area where we saw Alolan Dugtrio for the first time. Was that just an area made from the demo, cant find it anywhere.

Sorry for so many questions but this is just a curious one, where is the area from the demo that was inbetween Hauoli city and 10 carat hill, the beachy area where we saw Alolan Dugtrio for the first time. Was that just an area made from the demo, cant find it anywhere.

It was demo-only.

So I'm at the Pokemon League now. I've been playing this game mostly blind (partially due to the game being new and a lack of widespread info), but this I need to know before I continue: What is the level range for the Kahunas and (presumably) Champion?

So is there a specific number in SOS chaining when Pokemon with their HA's start appearing or is just random?

You guys know where to find a Luxury Ball in Pokemon Sun? I got some and now I don't remember where I got them the first time.

You guys know where to find a Luxury Ball in Pokemon Sun? I got some and now I don't remember where I got them the first time.

The Poké Mart in the Pokémon Center at the end of Route 2 sells them.

So is there a specific number in SOS chaining when Pokemon with their HA's start appearing or is just random?

I've heard that a chain of at least 40 mostly guarantees a Hidden Ability + 4 perfect IV's, but not 100% sure on that.

I've heard you can get them at the Festival Plaza, probably need a high rank Ball Shop for that. Sadly can't find anything about which rank it should be or whatever, so could be false...

It seems you get one from Saumal Oak at the Malie Library, after showing him an Alolan Persian.

How long does it take for eggs to hatch in Poke Palego? I read somewhere that it can hatch eggs after some time, but I don't know if there's a guaranteed timer...

Also, do they all hatch at the same time? like, if you leave a Magikarp egg and an Eevee egg wi they hatch at the same time? or will they hatch differently due to the different cycles?
Gonna answer my own question in case someone wants to know. I did a test.

I left my eggs at the resort at around 10 PM, Sunday. I checked the resort regularly, but nothing really happened. Then at 2 PM, Tuesday, two of the eggs had exclamation marks on them. When I touched them, they hatched.

So in conclusion... it takes around two days for the eggs to hatch if left at Poke Pelago.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom