• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I know that Solar Blade (Power: 125) works like Solar Beam (Power: 120) .

But would it be bad if during sunny weather it would also become a priority move?
not many pokemon have it and physical moves and physical mons were always the undergos against the special ones. (that way slow pokemon like Lurantis could become better)

I've noticed in the Festival Plaza that some people have a status such as "I've been a fan since I visited the Kanto region!", how do I get that?

Has anyone figured out the rain schedule yet? Goodra is one of the last pokemon I need to finish the dex but I haven't been able to find overworld rain at all.

I've noticed in the Festival Plaza that some people have a status such as "I've been a fan since I visited the Kanto region!", how do I get that?

on the lower screen you can customize your greetings, I forget which one it is but there's only 4-5 of them so trial and error is your friend there. In that menu you can change it to say this.

I know that Solar Blade (Power: 125) works like Solar Beam (Power: 120) .

But would it be bad if during sunny weather it would also become a priority move?
not many pokemon have it and physical moves and physical mons were always the undergos against the special ones. (that way slow pokemon like Lurantis could become better)
Between the presence of Dazzing, Queenly Majesty, and Psychic Terrain, it can't be denied that priority's taken some heavy hits in this generation. That would have been neat if this were Gen VI.

Am I missing something regarding fishing? I've never found anything other than Magikarps!
Magikarps are just extremely common. To get the more rare encounters, fish in the spots with the bubbling water.

How to battle Mallow? I already defeated Olivia and is on the third island and when I go to the restaurant and go onto the second floor, Mallow isn't there even though Bulbaguarden says that she there after beating Olivia. Here's what it says on the page about Mallow.

"After defeating Olivia, the player can visit the second floor of a restaurant in Konikoni City, where Mallow is in her room. Mallow will go to the Lush Jungle for a battle, but after she leaves, her older brother asks the player to ask Mallow to look for his Wimpod. Upon arriving in the jungle, Mallow explains that Wimpod was gathering ingredients for the restaurant her family owns before challenging the player. After the battle, Mallow discusses her future and her plans to take over her family business. She leaves after realizing she needs to bring back her brother's Pokémon."

For some reason she's not there for me. I checked Lana's house and battled her and defeated her. Is there a way to battle Mallow since it's not working like what the page says?

How to battle Mallow? I already defeated Olivia and is on the third island and when I go to the restaurant and go onto the second floor, Mallow isn't there even though Bulbaguarden says that she there after beating Olivia. Here's what it says on the page about Mallow.

"After defeating Olivia, the player can visit the second floor of a restaurant in Konikoni City, where Mallow is in her room. Mallow will go to the Lush Jungle for a battle, but after she leaves, her older brother asks the player to ask Mallow to look for his Wimpod. Upon arriving in the jungle, Mallow explains that Wimpod was gathering ingredients for the restaurant her family owns before challenging the player. After the battle, Mallow discusses her future and her plans to take over her family business. She leaves after realizing she needs to bring back her brother's Pokémon."

For some reason she's not there for me. I checked Lana's house and battled her and defeated her. Is there a way to battle Mallow since it's not working like what the page says?
During the day in Moon only.

It never said that on the page, someone needs to fix that since it's confusing. Someone needs to fix Lana's page as well since you can battle her in Sun only.
I believe Lana is in both, and Kiawe is at night in Sun only

I got some questions about some items:

Razor Claw:
I've heard one method to get this is as a held item by wild Jangmoo...but they have a low chance of holding it and an even lower chance of appearing so that sounds like only the worst method to get the item ever...but can I get this item anywhere else?

Alternatively does anybody know a Pokémon other than Weavile who has either Pressure, Unnerve or Intimidate who can learn False Swipe who is available in Moon? (I want this for SOS battles... which could have made the above farming of Jangmoo easier except I need those just to get Weavile in the first place so what the f Nintendo?

Evolutionary stones:
Other than Thunder, Water, Leaf and Fire Stones, since I know I can buy those... is there a reliable way to get the rest of them?

Lucky Eggs
I have one (given to me by Professor Kukui). Are there more?

Heart Scales:
I caught 5 Luvdisc. They did not have it.

Last edited:
Alternatively does anybody know a Pokémon other than Weavile who has either Pressure, Unnerve or Intimidate who can learn False Swipe who is available in Moon?

There's Absol for Pressure + False Swipe; you can find it in the grass at Tapu Village or at Mount Lanakila.

Can't find anything for the other Abilities + False Swipe, though.

Evolutionary stones:
Other than Thunder, Water, Leaf and Fire Stones, since I know I can buy those... is there a reliable way to get the rest of them?

It's not exactly "reliable," but I think the "Path for Brilliant-Stone Hunting!" mission on Poké Pelago's Isle Aphun is probably your best bet... although personally, I have yet to score any of the "rare" evolutionary stones from that.

Lucky Eggs
I have one (given to me by Professor Kukui). Are there more?

I don't think so. The only other way I could think to obtain them is off of wild Pokémon, but neither Happiny nor Pelipper seem to be able to be found with them in this generation. Just Oval Stones and Pretty Wings, respectively.

Heart Scales:

Stick with it. They'll show up eventually. It took me a while to catch any that were holding Heart Scales. You can also find one hidden at Exeggutor Island, and you can pick up a few more by eating at the restaurants in Konikoni City and Seafolk Village (though I don't know if you can earn them that way just once or limitlessly). You can also sometimes obtain them via Haunted Houses in Festival Plaza.[/QUOTE]

I got some questions about some items:

Razor Claw:
I've heard one method to get this is as a held item by wild Jangmoo...but they have a low chance of holding it and an even lower chance of appearing so that sounds like only the worst method to get the item ever...but can I get this item anywhere else?

Alternatively does anybody know a Pokémon other than Weavile who has either Pressure, Unnerve or Intimidate who can learn False Swipe who is available in Moon? (I want this for SOS battles... which could have made the above farming of Jangmoo easier except I need those just to get Weavile in the first place so what the f Nintendo?

Heart Scales:
If you have a Pokémon with Compound Eyes leading your party it boosts the chances of wild Pokémon holding items. Butterfree has Compound Eyes and learns Theif so it's a perfect mon for item hunting.

Heart Scales:

you can pick up a few more by eating at the restaurants in Konikoni City and Seafolk Village (though I don't know if you can earn them that way just once or limitlessly)

If I remember correctly, I got two or three Heart Scale from Malie City's restaurant so I think it's restaurant in general, not only those two. I also tried to eat twice on Seafolk's restaurant in a day and I got one each time, so I assume it would be limitless.

You can also fish for Heart Scale. I got quite a few Heart Scale that way.

Magikarps are just extremely common. To get the more rare encounters, fish in the spots with the bubbling water.

I've tried this, they bubble once, Magikarp appears, then they stop bubbling. Do the rare encounters still happen after it's stopped bubbling or do you only have that 1 chance?

I've tried this, they bubble once, Magikarp appears, then they stop bubbling. Do the rare encounters still happen after it's stopped bubbling or do you only have that 1 chance?

You only have the one chance, but you can leave the area and return (or enter a building or something) and it'll be bubbling again.

I've a very interesting question: With regards to Z-Moves, are both sides restricted to using only one Z-Move for the entireity of the fight, or can they use multiple Z-Moves, so long as it's a different one on a different 'mon?

I've a very interesting question: With regards to Z-Moves, are both sides restricted to using only one Z-Move for the entireity of the fight, or can they use multiple Z-Moves, so long as it's a different one on a different 'mon?
You and the other person can only one Z-move per battle, so if you have more then one Pokemon that is going to use the Z-move in the battle, you'll have to choose vary carefully.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom