• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be supportive of DP remakes in 2017. Then I played sun and moon and had flashbacks to all the double battle zones in the originals and shuddered at having those on the SM engine. BTW this is my opinion so idgaf if you like lag in your pokemon.

It's possible that they could trim the number of Double Battles (and with the general difficulty/roster size decrease that we saw for NPC Trainers in ORAS, I wouldn't put it past them), although I'd find that an odd decision given how much they push Doubles in competitive. You'd be taking away good practice with the format for newer players! :p

The one thing that hasn't come up if they do decide to put gen 4 remakes on the Switch, trading, battling, and any other connectivity functions must be seamless between the 3ds and the Switch if they can't pull that off then there is no point to do gen VII on different consoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing that hasn't come up if they do decide to put gen 4 remakes on the Switch, trading, battling, and any other connectivity functions must be seamless between the 3ds and the Switch if they can't pull that off then there is no point to do gen VII on different consoles.

This is assuming that Sinnoh remakes will happen in Gen 7. I highly doubt that they will. People assumed the same about Hoenn remakes in Gen 5. Look how that turned out.

This is assuming that Sinnoh remakes will happen in Gen 7. I highly doubt that they will. People assumed the same about Hoenn remakes in Gen 5. Look how that turned out.

True, but I am not assuming they will do it, I just posted a hypothetical post on if they decide to do it then connectivity must work no matter what.

Just because gen 5 didn't get remakes doesn't mean that gen 7 would be the same. I see no reason to not have Sinnoh remakes in gen 7 but GF may stick to the pattern of one remake per handheld and gen. Of course patterns could be broken.

If DP remakes are on Switch then they be after the first pair of gen 8 games if we follow the pattern.

Then there is no reason to potentially put Gen 4 remakes on the switch, because battling and trading are at the core of Pokemon.
They just might as well put it on 3DS
Just because gen 5 didn't get remakes doesn't mean that gen 7 would be the same. I see no reason to not have Sinnoh remakes in gen 7 but GF may stick to the pattern of one remake per handheld and gen. Of course patterns could be broken.
If DP remakes are on Switch then they be after the first pair of gen 8 games if we follow the pattern.
I think most pokemon game works differently, Gen 5 is a soft reboot of pokemon, and you can only use the pokemon from the unova region, i think it wouldn't matter if we got either a sequel or third game, basically they both are the same thing, but, I think GF came up with the sequel, because we never got a sequel, until black 2 and white 2. XY didn't get Sequel or third version, Sun and Moon might get a third version game (Star), but we probably won't get a sequel, but if we get a pokemon reboot (which i know we won't) then it might follow up on the sequel, the same way black and white did

Then there is no reason to potentially put Gen 4 remakes on the switch, because battling and trading are at the core of Pokemon.

Um, yeah there is. He's not saying there's won't be any communication between games whatsoever, just that 3DS and Switch games will have trouble. Switch games should be able to communicate with other Switch games.

Um, yeah there is. He's not saying there's won't be any communication between games whatsoever, just that 3DS and Switch games will have trouble. Switch games should be able to communicate with other Switch games.

If they are the sequel gen vii games and not gen viii games then they will more than likely have to connect to the 3ds as well as the switch. Nintendo learned a lesson with gen iii never make games that seem walled in as what R/S/E were until the Kanto remakes surfaced.

If they are the sequel gen vii games and not gen viii games then they will more than likely have to connect to the 3ds as well as the switch. Nintendo learned a lesson with gen iii never make games that seem walled in as what R/S/E were until the Kanto remakes surfaced.

FRLG came before Emerald. But you made a good point on that first part. If we can communicate between both handhelds then it be more good.

Well that's why this whole Stars rumor is a dumb idea in the first place. Splitting up a generation between different hardware is liable to cause a huge mess when it comes to compatibility, and more than likely communication will be limited to Banking Pokemon from SM to Switch games. They should wait until 8th gen to release a Switch game, it's a lot neater that way.

FRLG came before Emerald. But you made a good point on that first part. If we can communicate between both handhelds then it be more good.

True but I included it because emerald is closer to the other two then the Kanto remakes.

The order in which we face the gym leaders would probably be the same as the originals.

Mega garchomp is widely accepted to be one of the worst megas.

If that happens I demand a second mega garchomp worthy of being used by Cynthia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom