• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Technically, none of the sources for Stars are legit. They got their information from patents that have been floating around (not Stars, for the Switch itself), plus one of the sources in favor of Stars, Emily Rogers, got some things wrong (Mother 3 VC release and female Link in new LoZ game). So, there actually is no evidence in favor of Stars.

So. Technically there is no evidence for DP remakes, Sun/Moon sequels, Kanto Revisit, Kalos Sequel, Gen VIII. We have evidence for nothing. For all we know Sun and Moon may be the last games of Pokemon. But then, we even don't have evidence for that. :censored::p

Technically, none of the sources for Stars are legit. They got their information from patents that have been floating around (not Stars, for the Switch itself), plus one of the sources in favor of Stars, Emily Rogers, got some things wrong (Mother 3 VC release and female Link in new LoZ game). So, there actually is no evidence in favor of Stars.
First of all patents don't even work like that, those tend to be for tech. The term you're probably looking for is trademark which if one was filed for Pokemon Stars would mean the game is legit or they want ownership of name for possible future games, like Pokemon Water Blue/Grey/Delta Emerald.
They haven't filed for any trademark yet because we would know if/when it goes public (which it will).
This was LEAKED by an insider too Eurogamer, Emily Rogers and LKD
You may believe Emily is wrong but I don't think Eurogamer and LKD can be wrong as well. They leaked many things about the NX and continue to do so and haven't been wrong.
LKD got black listed by Nintendo which they wouldn't have done is she was sharing fake info.

Anyway I imagine UB's will get a bigger focus and we'll get more of them added to the pokedex. Maybe even travel to their world to catch a few.

In SM, you can jump through a portal to switch from day to night or night to day so we might see that again in Stars.

Yes, that's why this is a rumor...but how many more times in a rumour thread do we have to say its a rumour? Maybe if you add (Rumor) to the title of the thread...

I don't think Europe will ever get the games at the same time as the rest of the world anymore after the XY incident. They probably get Stars later just like SM.

I think that we have quite enough of them as-is. They could give them forms, though.
New forms are lame. I don't mind when it's Legendary pokemon but who would object to more new Pokemon/UBs
Just make the plot about UB portals having opened up around Aloia and now we have wild Ubs

I don't think Europe will ever get the games at the same time as the rest of the world anymore after the XY incident. They probably get Stars later just like SM.
I may not be from Europe, but this is definitely blunt and cold-hearted truth. I empathize with them. An entire continent shouldn't be punished for what only one or two countries have done. Not only that, but I think Canada is just as guilty for this if I remember correctly.

Anyway I imagine UB's will get a bigger focus and we'll get more of them added to the pokedex. Maybe even travel to their world to catch a few.

I think that we have quite enough of them as-is. They could give them forms, though.
I have a slightly better idea: what if Stars has new Ultra Beasts that turn out to be Ultra Space variants of existing Pokémon? They'd obviously look more different than the Alolan Forms, but you would still be able to tell which Pokémon it is. After all, who's to say that there aren't existing Pokémon that have adapted to Ultra Space? Heck, maybe that explains the Cosmog evolutionary line.

New forms are lame. I don't mind when it's Legendary pokemon but who would object to more new Pokemon/UBs
Just make the plot about UB portals having opened up around Aloia and now we have wild Ubs
If there ever was a time to introduce Pokémon mid-generation, this is literally the only time I could see this happening due to the whole debacle of Ultra Beasts counting as Pokémon being a blurry subject in-universe. If so, I could only see Game Freak capping it off at UB-10, whether or not any of the new Ultra Beasts share a numbered designation. I'd still like to see how existing Pokémon have adapted to Ultra Space though.

I think its actually wrong of them to make Europe wait as punishment for something maybe one or two stores in two countries did. Those stores sell X and Y early, so all of Europe has to be punished. Its just cold. And you're right about Canada.

Well...this time multiple leaks came from China and someone from the US got a game early and leaked all the content on 4chan and put the game on the internet for everyone to download, and I think more countries messed up this time.

If Europe is again the only one getting it later, there really is no excuse this time:p

The fact that Dexio and Sina outright asks if something is going to happen in Alola for Zygarde to there makes me think it's some kind of sequel bait.

Unless there's some Zygarde plot in the game that I haven't reached yet?

I'm also against Stars because I want more varied environments. If this is real, then this will be the third straight game taking place in a tropical paradise. I want to have a game set somewhere colder.

Unless there's some Zygarde plot in the game that I haven't reached yet?

The theory that I endorse is that it came to Alola because it could sense the Ultra Wormhole distortions and figured that something was up. From what we know of the Ultra Beasts, they tend to wreak some havoc on the environment around them, and Core Enforcer could hypothetically shut down their Beast Boost Ability. As Zygarde predicted, the distortions were something worth being concerned about, since Beasts ended up getting dropped all over Alola.

But the games don't come anywhere near to explaining all of that, so it is just a theory.

(Also, why does Resolution Cave have the exact same layout as Terminus Cave, up to and including a Zygarde [Cell] on the central platform? Perhaps it is worth noting that it is also where we find the final UB?)

Still after all this time, Zygarde's story still hasn't been told. :p

Zygarde better star well next year. :)

A lot of legendary backstories aren't given much explanation. I think the only reason we put Zygarde on this narrative pedestal is because it feels like it should have more explanation. But it could be just like so many other legendaries; whispers in the background and nothing more.

I think people are saying that because they were salty about there being no Z version (or something similar).

On the topic of Z, this game will not only alienate 3DS owners, it will also alienate Kalos fans. Giving Alola what Kalos didn't get (a third version) and put it onto a new console. It will spit in the face of anyone who ever asked for Z.

Last edited:
It will spit in the face of anyone who ever asked for Z.

Only if you choose to read into it that way.

There's no obligation to give a region a second game. It happens if it is practical to do so. Stars has more practical benefit in the long term than Z would have, end of story.

I think that people who wanted Z won't buy Stars out of spite. If it turns out to be real, I won't complain. I would just buy it.

So here's something interesting... One of the dataminers found out that every Pokemon in Sun/Moon has low polygon models and walking/running animations. If Stars is real, could the walking Pokemon feature return in it then?

EDIT:
View: https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/805738569071464448

Except Ultra Beasts are Legendaries according to the game's coding. They're in a sub-legendary list that also contains the birds, beasts, and various other trios.

Back
Top Bottom