• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM008: Who'll Be in Charge of the Egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not every day that students are assigned to watch over eggs that will actually hatch. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is this egg for someone in the cast or is this just some random egg pokemon?

Could this the egg hatching into a Cosmog for Lillie? Or maybe an Alolan Vulpix?

Yes, I actually prefer the latter. The egg hatching into an Alolan Vulpix who sees Lillie first and decides to follow her around.

OMG its like one of those episodes from some kiddie sitcom where a boy and girl have to pretend to be parents and watch over a bag of flower :giggle: only this time its an actual Pokemon egg

This is just like the Gold and Silver games when Prof. Elm gives the strange egg to the playable character to hatch and raise. They really are doing all sorts of pandering for the 20th anniversary aren't they.

This is just like the Gold and Silver games when Prof. Elm gives the strange egg to the playable character to hatch and raise. They really are doing all sorts of pandering for the 20th anniversary aren't they.
The Gold and Silver games aren't the original games, so doing a reference to them for the 20th anniversary and for it to be apart of one episode of the anime seems a bit weird, so I don't think this is a reference or pandering at all.

Considering the fact this egg is from Kanto, I doubt it.
In the games, an offspring of a Kantonian Vulpix/Ninetales is still an Alolan Vulpix unless Everstone is used. The anime doing the same thing is reasonable even if there isn't much logic to it.

It would explain why Professor Oak sent the egg in the first place - to check if the environment affects the baby. I doubt that the writers want to promote a Generation I Pokemon that isn't a regional variant.

Not to mention the fact that... we know Lillie is getting Alola variant Rokon/Vulpix.

No one has mentioned this, but there might be a chance that the egg gets stolen by Team Rocket and then it hatches when it fell into Lilli's hands.

I presume that it will be Alolan Vulpix. Even if the egg was from taken from Kanto, we don't know where it was from before then.

Well the egg hasn't been to the Alolan Mountain landscape, but then again the game doesn't care either where the egg is hatched. But we already got Lana fanservice, might as well get Lillie service : )

but how will get the egg and more important what pokemon is in if is a eevee it would be like in the game and i want ash to get it

New Summary

SHIP IT BECAUSE WHY NOT.

Hopefully we'll get to see Lusamine in this episode as well. Would be nice to introduce her early in the series.

He battles... the butler?! Why Satoshi?

I'm sure that if the egg itself could battle, Ash would battle the egg.

It's hard to imagine Lillie living in a mansion after playing the games. I know it's not the same character but the displacement is so weird to me.

I'm sure that if the egg itself could battle, Ash would battle the egg.

It's hard to imagine Lillie living in a mansion after playing the games. I know it's not the same character but the displacement is so weird to me.
Considering her family, I'm not surprised she lives a mansion with how rich she should be due to her mother.

He battles... the butler?! Why Satoshi?
I imagine he'd want to battle Lillie but she doesn't own a Pokemon right now and i guess they don't have any other character to introduce. I wonder if he'll use Rowlet so we can see it to it's full potential.

Since there is a confirmed battle, I wonder if VS screens will return like there were in XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom