• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
However, Gamefreak would have known, or atleast guessed, that Pokémon Sun and Moon would likely not have effectively used the walking Pokémon feature, due to already reaching the limits of the 3DS, and yet, they still created walking animations for every single Pokémon
I would most certainly hope that the developers, designers, and coders of the games would realize that the feature they were developing and putting into the game might not be able to be run on the current hardware.

I would most certainly hope that the developers, designers, and coders of the games would realize that the feature they were developing and putting into the game might not be able to be run on the current hardware.
Well, files for a sequel have been present in many games before too. Take half Life episode 2 for example. It had some of the half Life episode 3 assets( and the only hl3 we could get . *sigh*). Also, Eurogamer said that they were being developed side by side so maybe it was a feature for these games too but it was never added in the 3ds version because of the hardware limitations and they forgot to remove the code.

I'm pretty sure the games share the same engine and this was running in engine.
When porting it over they clearly didn't clean all the unneeded data from 3DS version

The only way I can see SM getting sequels is if Necrozma gets two forms or Solgaleo and Lunala get attention again. Otherwise it is a single version with a possible new form for Necrozma. Stars could be called something else entirely.

And, we might not even get any more Gen 7 games and jump straight to Gen 8.
That's true. We could. It would be unprecedented and we'd end up with at least one, likely two break years before the next Pokemon release, but there's nothing saying it can't be done.

The walking/running animations are a HELL of a LOT of work to not be used in the near future. Obviously, it doesn't prove anything, but I think it makes the "Stars" all the more likely. It's quite clear those would be unusable on the 3DS, and I doubt GF would've gone to the huge trouble of creating and animating them all (and so well) if they weren't directly preparing them for a game in the near future.

Following Pokémon maybe returning is the best news ever :cry:

That would be an incredibly smart move, cause then Stars would offer something quite unique that Sun/Moon doesn't have, and would therefore increase the chance of Sun/Moon owners to also buy Stars. Hell, I'd buy it for sure if this is true. And if those models all exist, I doubt they're going to be left unused cause that's one hell of a lot of work to make. They all have unique running models too, with Komala rolling and Lopunny hopping. It would be a huge waste to not use all that.

I wonder when will they reveal Stars if it's real. Maybe in January when they reveal more Switch news? That might be too early with Sun and Moon just being two months old then. :/

I wonder when will they reveal Stars if it's real. Maybe in January when they reveal more Switch news? That might be too early with Sun and Moon just being two months old then. :/

OR/AS was revealed 7 months after X/Y released, so perhaps the same thing there?

If it was revealed 7 months later, that'd mean it'd be revealed in June, which would give them 4 or 5 months of promotion.

If stars is real, then I'm sure they would reveal it in the January event. This will increase hype and be better marketing wise. If they don't reveal it in Jan, then they can do it at E3 2017.

If/When revealed I'm eager to see what new features they have, or any old ones they'll add they had to remove but its up in the air for the when part. Wasn't it mentioned the Switch being 250? Its definitely around my price range. game I'm guessing is 60 so its really 300 something plus tax.

Hmm, that's something to consider actually. Would a switch to the Switch raise the price of Pokemon Stars from $40 to $60?

I can see Pokemon games costing 50 dollars on the switch this is at the end of the day basically a remaster and most if not all remasters for the Wii U like Twilight Princess and Wind Waker cost 50 dollars but Gem 8 now that will be interesting to see how much it cost but I think that determine that kind of scale gen 8 will have.

If/When revealed I'm eager to see what new features they have, or any old ones they'll add they had to remove but its up in the air for the when part.
One thing I could see Game Freak doing, besides putting Triple and Rotation Battles back in, is merge the SOS mechanic with horde battles. Image if a Pokémon called for help, and a horde would end up forming as a result. This, combined with the Adrenaline Orb, could mean infinite horde battles. That would be a godsend for both EV training and shiny hunters!

One thing I could see Game Freak doing, besides putting Triple and Rotation Battles back in, is merge the SOS mechanic with horde battles. Image if a Pokémon called for help, and a horde would end up forming as a result. This, combined with the Adrenaline Orb, could mean infinite horde battles. That would be a godsend for both EV training and shiny hunters!

That never occured to me, but good eye. That would be a very good idea if GF did just that, but we'll have to see. We also seem to be of the same mind of the missing formats returning. The only down side is being 'stuck' but a simple way around it is running away, or using multi hit moves. Or if it only happens when you have hordes And you use the orbs.

Back
Top Bottom