• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

It's under the sea and rises to the surface in this island contains Pokémon

They go under water find a cave to get in

It's under the sea and rises to the surface in this island contains Pokémon

They go under water find a cave to get in
4/25/2015 — Land rising out of the sea in Hokkaido Japan — Rose 50 feet (over 1,000 feet long) OVERNIGHT

Pokémon world isn't based on scientific world it's fake world that can do many things

I was trying to say this island lived in the above world but it sank under water but the ecplise rises it to the surface

Their Pokémon that lived in the island but maybe a lengadray Pokémon cause this island to surface and sinks it for protection something like that

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying not to minimod but don't double post. You can easily edit all that into one post.
Sorry about that

Any ideas what Pokémon will Ash catch in Alolha region

He usually gets the Most Popolur Stater Pokémon first is that correct like He really wanted in Gen 1 a Squirtle but he got their late

Gen 2 he gotten a Chicarita

Gen 3 Treecko he got

Gen 4 Turtwig

Gen 5 Owshott

Gen 6 Frokie

Gen 7 Rowllet

These are the most popular staters correct when they were realse in just wondering
I'm trying to understand the Pokémon he gets from writers how they choose

Like every region he gets Reginoal Birds but this time is unkown if he will since Rowellt came from a family of them the Pikikipe

He might the rock dog
He might get the Litten we see a preview he bonding
He might get the crab since Owner of gamefreak loves crabs
Faith Pokémon bug eletric

I doubt sincerely that Stars will be gen 8. It will be gen 7, a third version.
Do u know what's the most popoluar staters of each generation of the game when they were realsed

Just look above please what I have typed

How's your thoughts on whether or not Gyms will return in future games?

I think Pokémon Gyms will return once we leave Alola. Alola is a region set in their own traditions, and hadn't ever adopted the customs of other regions with Pokémon leagues. Although we see that Alola is starting to, by bringing in an elite four and Champion. It seems that most regions in the Pokémon World currently align with the Pokémon league, while a few regions (like Alola), choose to stick to their own customs.

There is a possibility we'll have a future region with their own traditions, and may not have gyms or leagues incorporated to their region.

Far as I'm concerned, Gyms can come back, but not as the boring, cookie-cutter benchmarks that they were.

I like how involved the Trial Captains seem to be, and I love the fact that we FINALLY get personality in our entire Elite 4. I really hope this style of making major NPCs fit into the world better makes a return in future games. I think it's still far from perfect, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Trials feel like all fluff and no substance.

First trial-fight 3 yungoos/ratata and its evolution.

Second-fight 2 wishiwashi and a big one.

Third-A joke trial.

Fourth-A somewhat involved fetch quest to fight the boss

Fifth Watching a black screen while answering easy questions for all non deaf.

Sixth- Press A next to 3 interactable locations.

Seventh-Walk down an empty hallway to the end.

They delivered on the story justification but not on gameplay.

I prefer gyms. They are more professional to me and quite satisfying when I earn the gym badge.

Yeah, I'm not sure I liked the Z-crystals replacing the gym badges. As cool as it was to see my collection of crystals grow on the save screen, they don't feel as special or as iconic as badges do. I don't feel inclined to go purchase a set of full Z-crystal to hang in my badge collection.

Yeah, I'm not sure I liked the Z-crystals replacing the gym badges. As cool as it was to see my collection of crystals grow on the save screen, they don't feel as special or as iconic as badges do. I don't feel inclined to go purchase a set of full Z-crystal to hang in my badge collection.
I agree, especially since most of them are randomly found or given to you (lookin at you, Mina).

I agree, especially since most of them are randomly found or given to you (lookin at you, Mina).

"Most' of them are earned by completing Trials or Grand Trials. You still have to fight, or at least work for them.

The only ones that you find randomly or are given to you (aside from the signature Z-Crystals) are the Fairy, Psychic, Ice, Flying, and Bug Z-Crystals (and even the Buginium Z requires you to battle Guzma first).

"Most' of them are earned by completing Trials or Grand Trials. You still have to fight, or at least work for them.

The only ones that you find randomly or are given to you (aside from the signature Z-Crystals) are the Fairy, Psychic, Ice, Flying, and Bug Z-Crystals (and even the Buginium Z requires you to battle Guzma first).
Huh. I guess I just counted the 7 trials and didn't even think about the other ones like the grand trials. Never mind, then, I stand corrected. Still don't think they're very fulfilling when you just get them after a random battle though, tbh, like the poison and steel ones.

I'm torn on whether I like Z-Crystals more than badges. I like the varied designs of the badges more, but like that the Z-Crystals actually have an in-game function. And just finding a good chunk of them in the wild kind of lowers their value to me, especially since they don't receive any fanfare like the ones you obtain after completing trials. I would have preferred having challenges to obtain every Z-Crystal.

SM has a total of 300 pokemon. There are still 502 pokemon left. I doubt they leave the rest just for pokebank. I think we see more gen 7 games later on.

Huh. I guess I just counted the 7 trials and didn't even think about the other ones like the grand trials. Never mind, then, I stand corrected. Still don't think they're very fulfilling when you just get them after a random battle though, tbh, like the poison and steel ones.

Ah, now I'm the one standing corrected. :p I forgot about the Poison and Steel Z-Crystals (though I guess technically you receive the Steelium Z alongside the Electrium Z after beating Sophocles's trial, so it's like a two-for-one).

So we're discussing Trials vs Gyms? Here are my thoughts.

-Totem Pokemon vs Gym leaders: Trials win. Gym leaders had some troll strategies in the past but never to this level. Most totems had great synergy with their partners and posed a fun challenge.
-Gym trainers vs Trials' wild Pokemon: Gyms win. Both are unchallenging fodder, but at least gym trainers had some unseen species and sometimes talked about how they were under the leaders' tutelage, while the Trials' wild Pokemon were for the most part preevolved forms of the Totem.
-Gym puzzles vs Trials: Gyms win. I think we can agree that most trials do not requiere any particular analysis of the situation. It's true that gyms' puzzles have gotten easier with time, yet on average they win over trials by a mile.
-Badges vs Z-crystals: This one is personal preference. Some would like the unique design of badges while others would like gaining a battle boost. Either way I doubt we will be seeing crystals as trial rewards outside Alola games.

Back
Top Bottom