• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I would argue that Colosseum and XD very much walk a line between spinoff and main series.
Points as a spinoff:
-on a home console rather than portable
-unconventional method of catching Pokémon
-no star mascot that hasn't been used before (remakes aside).
-other in-game things, like starters and player characters and legendaries and such.

Points as a main series:
-connectivity to main series games (this is a really big one, no other spinoff can catch and trade Pokémon with those in the main series)
-same game mechanics (catch Pokémon, battle Pokémon, etc.)
-contains obtainable Pokémon not in RSE or FRLG, essentially helping to fill out the dex with some missing Johto Pokémon.

So really, it's how you look at it. You can say it's a spinoff, but you can't exactly say it's not part of the main series.
I am pretty sure that you can get all the pokemon with RSE and FRLG without those games. It is Lugia, Ho-oh and the mythical pokemon that are not obtainable.

Anyone else see/mention this yet? This was extremely interesting to me, and could mean something. Walking and running animations for every single Pokemon (apparently all, haven't personally seen them all) exist in SM's data. Obviously, this is a TON of work, and not a bit of it to be seen in SM themselves. Seems highly likely that this could be evidence for a Switch port/third version/sequel/followup.

What if you could use Poke Finder on the go? You turn around and take a photo of your beloved Pokemon. :)

Stars is going to be a thing, Nintendo doesn't want to flop with the Switch. They are just doing business and we as costumers are nothing more than a wallet for them. Switch will be a console which many people will be interested in unlike handhelds. There is a huge audience who only buy consoles and so many people won't have played SM because they don't have a 3ds. A port of a game is a good move since it will get that audience into pokemon and if it flops then there is no problem, it was just a port. They have already earned money through the 3ds version.

I am pretty sure that you can get all the pokemon with RSE and FRLG without those games. It is Lugia, Ho-oh and the mythical pokemon that are not obtainable.

Well arguably both jirachi and celebi says hi

Since the only method you could get them besides giveaway were in colloseum and xd

Stars is in no way legit at this point. As there are things for it, there are also things against it. Let's just see which side wins next year. I'm bringing the popcorn.
It is not a competition mate. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I wouldn't mind whatever they release next, since I'm getting it either way. But this is about realistic expectations and, like it or not, Stars on Switch is at this point a very possible outcome.

Okay. So I have read through, I don't know...15 pages of arguments about whether Pokemon Stars is a real thing or not and I keep thinking...

Why hasn't anyone posted this here?

Why The New Nintendo NX Pokémon Game Is So Important

Before the Nintendo Switch was even revealed and was still under the name Nintendo NX it was confirmed that GameFreak was already working on a Pokemon game for the new console. This was confirmed with multiple executives and other sources. That is irrefutable. Now I know...I know...who is to say that is a main series game. Well, according to Game Freak's own gameography list, they've never produced a Pokemon game outside of the main series. So for GameFreak to develop a not main series Pokemon game for a console that has yet to launch...that would be far more unexpected and more ridiculous than Pokemon Stars on the Nintendo Switch. Either way, the fact of the matter is that Game Freak themselves confirmed months ago they were already developing something that brings Pokemon to the new console...whatever that turns out to be is a different matter.

Last edited:
Look on past posts. Everything is pointing to it being real. It would be silly to say that it isn't.
Just because everything points to it being real =\= confimation.

But that also doesn't make it auto-fake either.

It's not on a real/not-real binary situation, it's sorta like the whole Schrödinger's cat thing, where the cat is alive and not alive at the same time.

Look on past posts. Everything is pointing to it being real. It would be silly to say that it isn't.

You're kidding, right? After everything, all of your arguments claiming that it nothing is confirmed and complaining that people are acting like it is real, and now all you can say is that it is real and it is silly to think otherwise, even though you were refusing to believe it was ever a possibility? I have no words to respond to that.

You're kidding, right? After everything, all of your arguments claiming that it nothing is confirmed and complaining that people are acting like it is real, and now all you can say is that it is real and it is silly to think otherwise, even though you were refusing to believe it was ever a possibility? I have no words to respond to that.
Due to all the evidence and pressure from just about everyone else, I have chosen to switch my opinion.

Due to all the evidence and pressure from just about everyone else, I have chosen to switch my opinion.
You've said that before only to revert to your original opinion.

It's getting old.

jeremyjnicholas said:
Before the Nintendo Switch was even revealed and was still under the name Nintendo NX it was confirmed that GameFreak was already working on a Pokemon game for the new console.
That was just an unofficial report no different than the Stars one (in fact, it had less support). Ishihara (who oversees all games) has only said that there will be Pokemon games for NX, without specifying when or which kind of games.

So this adds nothing to the discussion.

Last edited:
You've said that before only to revert to your original opinion.

It's getting old.

That was just an unofficial report no different than the Stars one (in fact, it had less support). Ishihara (who oversees all games) has only said that there will be Pokemon games for NX, without specifying when or which kind of games.

So this adds nothing to the discussion.
It takes an average Pokemon game 3 years to develop though, and usually, development of characters and Pokemon are finalized BEFORE the release of a previous generation.
ie: By the release of XY, development of Sun Moon Pokemon and characters are already finished. And they use 3 years after the release of XY to fine tune Sun Moon Pokemon games.

So, Game Freak developing on Switch can span between 1 to 3 years.

In other words, you have no idea whether it's STARS or a Generation 8 game at all.

We can go in circles forever pouring over old articles, trademarks, and heresay. It's like with the NX rumormill. We know that GameFreak is going to be developing something for the future of Pokemon, we know that the Switch is the next big thing for Nintendo, and we know that they hope to not repeat the mistakes of the Wii U. We also know that Sun and Moon strain the original 3DS and even have some hiccups on the New 3DS. This I have confirmed with my own eyes. Eventually a new line of portable hardware will need to be released that Pokemon can continue developing and innovating on.

All told, while we cannot say with 100% certainty that Stars is the next Gen 7 Pokemon game and that it will be released exclusively on the Nintendo Switch, I still say it is the most likely of possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom