• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I'm looking for a Happiny on route 1 and I know it can only be encountered through SOS battles. I have a Metapod here but it keeps summoning Caterpie, am I just unlucky or will it never summon a Happiny? Do certain Pokemon summon different Pokemon? (I know that's how it works for Mareanie but I haven't seen much information about other SOS only Pokemon)
I don't know exactly, but I got a fair number of Happiny to show up in SOS Battles against Pichu and Bonsly. Maybe it's only for fellow Baby Pokémon?
Yeah it's only for baby pokemon.

I heard from somewhere that like in the 5th generation, the more you battle a one species of a Pokemon, the less exp you get from it. Is that true?

I heard from somewhere that like in the 5th generation, the more you battle a one species of a Pokemon, the less exp you get from it. Is that true?

Not exactly. How it worked in Gen V, and how it works now in Gen VII, is that your experience is scaled to the level of the Pokémon you defeated(/caught, in Gen VII). If the Pokémon that you knocked out was at a higher level than the Pokémon you KO'd it with (e.g., if you knock out a Lv40 Pokémon with a Lv10 Pokémon), you will receive a lot more experience. Conversely, if the Pokémon that you knocked out was at a lower level than your Pokémon (e.g., if you keep knocking out Lv10 Pokémon with a Lv40 Pokémon in an attempt to grind), then you will receive less experience.

Is there a Battle Institute in Pokémon Sun and Moon? I often used it in X and Y and ORAS for finding the IVs of hatched Level 1 Pokémon since it automatically raised their levels 50 and I could easily run away from the battles after I calculated their IVs and this also automatically gave me 3 BP every time I ran away from the 5 battles which was very useful for obtaining items from Battle Mansion.

So, I'm getting the random challengers at the League, but there is one problem. Faba is not appearing at all, no matter how many times I SR.

Maybe I've been misinformed about this, but I read that if you give a female Alolan form Pokemon an Everstone and breed it, the resulting baby will be a Kanto form. I tried that yesterday, by breeding my female Raticate and a Ditto, and it didn't work. Is this false then or am I not supposed to breed with Ditto?

Maybe I've been misinformed about this, but I read that if you give a female Alolan form Pokemon an Everstone and breed it, the resulting baby will be a Kanto form. I tried that yesterday, by breeding my female Raticate and a Ditto, and it didn't work. Is this false then or am I not supposed to breed with Ditto?
Only regular forms can produce regular form babies. So it's not possible to obtain them yet.

I've been chaining ditto's to get a 4 IV one, but after I catch one after around 40 chains it doesn't have any perfect IVs. Every guide tells me that 4 IVs are guaranteed after a chain of 30. What am I doing wrong?

I had been doing sos chaining on a Cleffa to get a shiny one after poping an adrenaline orb. So far there had been no shiny when most people gets a shiny after a few minutes. Is there something I'm doing wrong even though I weaken one Pokémon and knock out the ones that came to help? Can random other Pokemon that come to help break your chain?

I had been doing sos chaining on a Cleffa to get a shiny one after poping an adrenaline orb. So far there had been no shiny when most people gets a shiny after a few minutes. Is there something I'm doing wrong even though I weaken one Pokémon and knock out the ones that came to help? Can random other Pokemon that come to help break your chain?

Random other Pokémon aren't supposed to break your chain, but finding a shiny can definitely take longer than a few minutes. I know someone who it took about 40 minutes to find a shiny.

I think the average is a chain of 100, but lots of people reports chains of at least 200. You simply need to have patience. A lot ;)

Where can I get Moon Stones? Is there also a way to get multiple Ice Stones?
"The Path for Brilliant-Stone Hunting" in Isle Aphun on Poké Pelago is the only consistent way to get evolutions stones that I've found other than the one's you can buy at Olivia's shop. I always gotten what I needed within a few sessions.

Note: The island has to be at least phase 2 to do the mission for evo stones, and I think if you get phase 3, you can make it go faster.

I was wondering, did old Pokemon (not Alolan forms) get new animations or is it just me?

I encountered a Venipede through the island scan today and at the start of the battle it did a sort of standing up animation and I don't remember it doing that before.

(then again I didn't interact with that family much in X so maybe it's not new, it was in the wild in Kalos though wasn't it?

In Pokémon Sun and Moon is there an easy way to find out the stats of Level 1 Pokémon at Level 50 without doing a Normal Rules battle with another player? In previous games there was the Battle Institute which automatically raised every Pokémon's level to 50 but I can't find anything like it in Sun and Moon. I'm asking this question because I think I have bred 3 different Pokémon which would have 6 perfect IVs at level 50 but some of those stats would normally have 30 IVs and not 31 IVs because when they are judged they have nearly a full hexagon with some of the stats being "Fantastic" instead of "Best" so I want to know if their IV spreads are 31/30/31/31/31/31 for Hidden Power Dragon, 31/30/31/31/30/31 for Hidden Power Ghost and 30/30/30/31/31/31 for Hidden Power Ice.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom