• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM009: The Leader Pokémon is Dekagoose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: The Leader Pokémon Dekagūsu!

This is from 2ch, so it's legitimacy is up in the air.

If it's true, it will air on January 5.

Here's a summary which Dephender translated.

The "Island challenge" is an event for children held in the Alola region that makes them get acknowledged as fully qualified Pokémon Trainers, and Satoshi wants to attempt to complete this event himself too. For this reason, he meets with old man Hala, one of the "Island Kahuna's" that give the challengers their trials.

Last edited:
This'll be interesting. Leader Pokemon is the Japanese term for Totem Pokemon and Dekagūsu is the Japanese name of Gumshoos. If this episode is real, we're seeing Ash/Satoshi's first Totem Pokemon battle. :D

Seems legit. The usual people on Twitter released a summary for it.

First time Hala will be in the anime~

Oh no it's not that. It's just those guys haven't ever, posted a fake one, hence
"seems legit." Still, you might be right about that. Guess only time will tell.

Oh no it's not that. It's just those guys haven't ever, posted a fake one, hence
"seems legit." Still, you might be right about that. Guess only time will tell.
Yeah, they might not post fake ones, but they might not have been given legitimate information, or they might have. In situations like these, it's best to make sure that people know this so they don't get angry if it's fake.

Woah, Ash is starting the trials already? I thought he'd have to officially graduate school before he started the trails. But omg, I'm so glad that they're going to start soon:)

I like that Hala will be showing up, but I'm wondering about Illima since (if we're going by the games) Ash should have to complete his trial before battling the Totem. I guess we'll just have to wait for more info.

So it seems Ash will be going against Gumshoos instead of Raticate after all. I personally hoped for the later, but either way, I can't wait to see a Totem battle in the anime:) Not to mention that Ash should (again if we're going by the games) get Normalium Z.

I'm expecting him to lose this one and have to re-battle with Alola Ratta.
(If this is actually the first fight and not just a general introduction...)

So it's the Kahuna giving out the trial? Or does that summary mean Hala is just giving Ash his start and he'll still meet captains?

Either way, I hope they do Totem Pokemon justice. I'm not convinced Ash should actually win this, given the newness of his team.

Ash might lose. He had lost once in pokemon gyms so trials would probably be no different.

Ash has lost gym battles more often if they are the first gym of the region, so its more likely he will lose here the first time around but who knows. Anyways, I'm glad they are already getting to the first trial. I wonder if Hala is just introducing the trial and Ilima will show up to actually guide ash

We'll get an idea if he wins or loses a trial based on the later episode titles.

Plus let's give Ash some leeway: the totem aura would probably throw him off if he has no idea of it.

That does beg the question of Ash gaining Normalium Z though...

If Hala's around, that can only mean it's a matter of time that Hau shows up

I don't see anything hyping up Ash's first trail, and we would see it in a magazine that announced it. Since there's no source, I'm going to say that this is fake.

I don't see anything hyping up Ash's first trail, and we would see it in a magazine that announced it. Since there's no source, I'm going to say that this is fake.

We didn't get the specific titles for XY135 and XY136 until shortly before they aired and the same thing with the first severla Sun and Moon episode titles, which is something they probably should promote early. They probably haven't put it in magazines yet because it's so far away, especially with there being a break before this episode and there's plenty of time to put this in an upcoming magazine. So it could be real or fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom