• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't act like they are generation exclusive things. Double are still in the games since generation three because it is a good addition to the game. Triple and rotation battles despite having some gameplay problems also had fans and an own CP format in Smogon. Removing them is just a loss of content.

Yes the 3DS definitely reached it's limit with SM. Not content wise, but technical. It's going to be impossible to improve the current SM graphics like XY->ORAS without causing lags. SM already are using the RAM of the 3DS home manuel to an degree, noticable when you close the game or when you turn off the power of the 3DS.
Not having Triple/Rotation battles is no big deal since we have quite a few things in SM. I haven't notice anything wrong when I play my SM games.

It won't be called Sun/Moon then. And why should the National Dex return? Bank will get it in the near future.

As for being able to complete the National Dex in one game with two versions, you shouldn't really expect that.

Why would Nanu of all people be a Gym Leader? If you played the games, then you'd know he refused to be an Elite Four member. He's a Kahuna because he can't reject it.

I don't get why the Gyms should be in Alola. Wouldn't that go against what Kukui said with wanting to show the other regions how Alola is?
Then call it Solar and Lunar Eclipse then. I don't know.

No, I shouldn't expect the possibility of completing the National Pokedex with two versions. Not all 802, anyways. Besides, even with Pokémon Bank getting it, it would at least be an act of convenience to have a National Pokedex in Alola.

Not to mention, it's possible the gyms in Alola could be an act of convenience for the postgame. After all, even though they have demonstrated just how different Alola was from other regions, they were still building a league. Which, by the way, also includes gym leaders.

As for Nanu being a Gym Leader? How about the reason being because we need a Dark-type Gym Leader and leave it at that. I'm merely speculating on who the gym leaders could be anyways (although I think it's safe to say that Ilima, Mina, and Molayne will definitely be gym leaders, but only time will tell).

Can you please source this to an interview or something?

I have to search but quite many user here can confirm this. It was in the early gen V days (probably 2011) when some people asked Masuda about a possible Pokemon Gray version and he said, that he doesn't want Pokemon games to be predictibal and that they don't want to make those enhanced versions anymore.

I have to search but quite many user here can confirm this. It was in the early gen V days (probably 2011) when some people asked Masuda about a possible Pokemon Gray version and he said, that he doesn't want Pokemon games to be predictibal and that they don't want to make those enhanced versions anymore.
Well, he also said that there will always be Gyms. So your point is moot.

Here's the source of "there's always the gyms":
Masuda Discusses the Idea of Rebooting the Pokémon Series

I can't find anything about: "There will never be third versions again."

Only: "For example, if after Black and White we
came out with a grey, people would have
been expecting that," Masuda said. "Same thing
with X/Y and having a Z straight afterwards. So
we're always just trying to surprise people."

Source: www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/ (14 October 2014)

Like I've said IF the generation is three years long. Never stated it going to be three years long for sure. But all previous generations were at least three years long. Of course they just could release Gen 8 in 2018, but I've argued that three years until some brand new games come out with a simple "upgrade/third version" world wide release in between would turn off the hype Pokemon got over the last months.
Stars would generate a low amount of sales, especially if it's on a new system with a low installment base and if it's going to be a simple third version without much of new stuff or much worse a simple port of SM. Of course Stars would be a new game, but not an brand new experience like the most third versions, since it's the same game with some new features. Players, who aren't interested into third versions or ports (which are about 9-10 million looking at the difference of generation debut games and their third versions), have to wait 3 years until a new experience arrives or at least hear about.

IMO another game after Stars would be unlikely to me. Generation VIII debut would be 2019 at the latest which would mean that they would release pokemon games 4 years in a row. Too many games at once and it would cause problems to the development of the new generation. It also unlikely that they just port SM to the Switch without any new features or at least graphical improvements like DP->Platinum. It would be very weak and underwhelming if they just port these games into the Switch without any new things which would generate even lower selling numbers and then they just could skip Stars for good.

"not a brand new experience like most third versions, since it's the same game with some new features." This makes no sense. You claim that Pokémon Stars will just be the same game with new features UNLIKE previous third versions, but EVERY third version is exactly like that. All of them. And why are you assuming Stars will just be a generic third version? Do you honestly believe that Gamefreak are bringing back third versions after all these years just to create generic third versions like before? I am almost certain that this third version is going to be more different than the original versions than any other third version in the past. I believe the game will feature more than just being on a brand new console.

Playing pokemon on a TV is a utter joke in my opinion. Graphics maybe one but that is not enough to support Stars on Switch. And no, the 3DS hasn't reached it's limits. People are assuming that because they want to move on to a new handheld more quickly.

Would you care to explain why playing Pokémon on the television is an 'utter joke?' What is terrible about being able to play Pokémon in HD on a beautiful large screen? Especially when you can still play it portably literally whenever you want.

Also, Pokémon Sun and Moon have reached the limit of the 3DS. This is obvious, considering the fact that they had to remove two battles features as well as the games getting noticeably laggy whenever you're in a double battle. Since it has reached the 3DS limit, Pokémon Stars will not offer much on the 3DS that SM didn't offer. Pokémon Stars on the Switch however will have so much more potential. There is no denying that a game on the Switch will likely be much better than on the 3DS, the only problem here is that some people don't want to purchase a switch 'just to play a third version', when they are going to have to purchase a switch at some point anyway.

Last edited:
When I cam here I didn't know there was a pokemon star discussion thread until today. I'm going to pick the prediction and speculation, that I liked the most.

Now, another theory...what if Pokémon Stars is simply Sun and Moon ported over to the Switch, and given a colossal overhaul? Like an expansive Pokedex (at the very least, the return of the National Pokedex and a means of completing it between the two games), many more island trials (like the 3+ trial sites that did not have a trial of their very own--like the ones on Ten Carat Hill, Haina Desert, and Mount Lanakila), and possibly the return of gyms (either during the game or post-game as an excuse to rematch the majority of the Trial Captains). Given that there's one empty lot on Melemele Island, three on Akala, two or three on Ula'Ula (still haven't gotten that far yet), and one on Poni, it's highly likely our eight gym leaders could end up being the following if that's true:
I posted my views on Pokemon Star in the Generation VII confirmed thread, so I'll just copy-paste them here, adding some more bits regarding the 3DS...

Heading onto Pokemon Star, I think it can work if the same game is released for Nintendo Switch and the 3DS. I've got a theory that it might be the 'Parent Game' of XY and SM some people were taking about. The game could incorporate both their 'Star' regions- Alola and Kalos into one game. This game would contain the highlights of both Kalos and Alola. It could act as a 'Semi-Generation', introducing some more Megas and Alola forms. I would also like to see expansion on the Battle Bond, with more starters added which can have this as an ability.
Xerneas and Yevtal could get 'perfect forms', and there could be something in the way of a third legendary to complement Solgaleo and Lunala.

The Switch would be able to handle these games, I don't know about the 3DS, though. Pokemon Star(s) is just my idea of an unpredictable 'Epic' game. Pokemon Star could be the true anniversary game.

These games could contain both Gyms, and Island trials, and would focus on the best things of Kalos and Alola. They could expand on SM and XY's storylines, adding more areas, and maybe we could meet Lillie again?

It would be one epic game, acting as a bridge between XY and SM. This idea of a 'Semi-New Generation' would be surprising.

And, maybe they would create a 3DS version of these games, or the games could be used on a 3DS?

Stuff that I didn't add in the previous post...

I think this game will be heavy on lore and various forms of Pokemon. I think we'll see Alolan Forms and Megas from other regions. I think Pokemon will try to increase its sales, by luring all kinds of people to their games- be those be genwunners, or people who like to way of Kalos, and Unova.
This game should have the focus on all regions, and it'll have the chance to be one epic Pokemon game.

However, I see these games at the earliest in the end of 2017

1. Ilima (Hau'Oli Gym): Normal
2. Kiawe (Royal Avenue Gym): Fire
3. Mallow (Haenae Gym): Grass
4. Lana (Konikoni Gym): Water
5. Molayne (Hokulani Gym): Steel
6. Plumeria (Tapu Village): Poison
7. Nanu (Malie City): Dark
8. Mina (Seafolk Village): Fairy

And then finally, we'd get three new island trials representing Flying, Psychic, and Ice. The four Kahuna can then remain as they are. As would the Island Trials from Sun and Moon. So in total, instead of merely being given the Steel, Poison, or Fairy-type Z-Crystals, we'd have to earn them via the gyms. Nanu's gym might even double as a Grand Trial as well. Plus, you'd still have to solve Sophocle's and Accelroga's trials as well as complete the one on Vast Poni Canyon.

So in other words, we'd have half the gyms leaders doubling as Trial Captains, plus one Kahuna doubling as a gym leader as well (Mina and Molayne could simply be relegated to gym leader status who either were former Trial Captains or currently still are, but simply not active). Kahili might even get an expanded role as a Trial Captain herself--I'd might consider calling her a gym leader, but since she's also a member of the Elite 4, I don't think it'd work out very well); just relocate the Ten Carat Hill trial over to her golf course we never got to explore (even though it's totally mapped out).

We'd also have the Psychic and Ice-type Trials, though I have no idea who the captains in this case could be. Maybe Faba and Lillie, but if I'd have to guess, I'd say we'd get two new Trial Captains here if that's the case (well, we do know that we had to complete Hapu's Grand Trial before completing the final trial in the Island Trial Challenge, so perhaps the Ice-type trial could simply be the final Trial the islanders would need to complete before facing the Elite 4. The only problem then would be the Psychic-type Trial. Especially since you get the Psychium-Z at a place where there are absolutely no Psychic-type Pokémon (heck, the same applies with Flyium-Z being located at a place where there aren't any birds to capture--even then, at least I'm suggesting a possible relocation here to Kahili's inaccessible golf course).

I thought about relocating it to Exeggutor Island, except the only Psychic-type Pokémon that you can find over there is a lonely Exeggcute.

So there you have it, ten trials plus eight gyms. Four of which would overlap with each other to make 13 type-based Z-Crystals in your rewards. You then throw in the four Kahuna--one of which is also a gym leader, leading the tally up to 17 Z-Crystals in total. That would just leave Bugium-Z alone in the possession of Guzma. And even then, maybe we can reorganize just how you get it? I am kind of bumbed out that Guzma never even bothered to use a Z-Crystal at any point at all in the game, even though he already had one in his treasure trove. Still, I think it's rather fitting that he would somehow be how you'd get it in the game anyways, let alone in Po Town).

As for the species-based Z-Crystals...who cares, really? Maybe you get them from Hau and Kukui again, as well as some random NPC's if you complete a difficult sidequest or two.
If they do that, then that just proves my theory that Game Freak is secretly ashamed of Kalos due to not coming out as coherent as they would have liked due to Nintendo pushing them. I'd much rather Game Freak do something like Pokémon Z-clipse, the first single game to have two legendary mascots: Necrozma vs. Zygarde. However, that's nothing more than a pipe-dream of mine based off of a theory I have about Necrozma being the cause of Z-Power/Totem Power/Ultra Energy/whatever you want to call it.

Also, another thing that goes against this Pokémon Stars rumor would be that it would not be a smart decision from a business and financial perspective. Releasing Pokémon Stars it as a lunch title for the Switch in just four months would negatively impact that sales of SM since they would be released so close together.

If for some reason this rumor does come to pass, and that's a big 'if', they should do the following with it:
  • Patch new data into SM for battle compatibility so TPC doesn't have to create two different kinds of competitions for online battling. You can keep maintainability of the new stuff in Pokémon Stars though to give people a reason to buy it.
  • Since the possibility of getting new Megas is on-the-fence according to an interview for SM, give Flygon its own signature Z-Move as compensation so it has something that makes it stand out from Garchomp.
  • Actually explain why Zygarde is in Alola in the first place and/or give us a lore dump about its role in the Kalos mythos. Bonus points if the connection between it, Xerneas, and Yveltal gets some sort of explanation. Granted, Xerneas and Yveltal don't have to be in the game. Just finish giving them and Zygarde some lore other than "here's what their powers are."
  • Give Solgaleo and Lunala signature Z-Moves in addition to whatever Necrozma is getting. Seriously, I'm surprised that the mascots of all Pokémon didn't get signature Z-Moves, yet the Tapus did. That was kind of a letdown since their abilities were just renamed versions of Clear Body and Multiscale.
  • Give us move tutors.

Seriously though, I'm surprised people are believing this rumor. Isn't the fact that this announcement came just after SM's launch just a little suspicious?
1. I think the Stars rumours are fake, to be honest.
2. However, if they are true, and Stars is not fake, and it really is Switch exclusive, I would be very disappointed with Nintendo.
3. However, I would forgive them, and warm up to Stars, if, and only IF, Stars ends up being a sequel of SM, rather than a third version.

4. To put it simple, I won´t be buying the Switch for now, so all I want from Stars, is to not make SM look like an unfinished beta. What I mean, is: GS becomes completely obsolete and inferior due to Crystal, same with RS due to Emerald, and DP due to Platinum... However... this is not the fate of BW and XY. BW, while still inferior as a whole to BW2, is not completely inferior. It still has reasons to be chosen over BW2, like a better plot, different PCs (that I personally prefer), and some other features like Route 10, Challengers Cave, Cold Storage, Victory Road, etc that cannot be found in BW2 at all. So BW doesn´t feel obsolete even after BW2´s creation. And XY, since it never recieved a third version, feels even more unique, and never becomes obsolete either!

5. In short, I want the same treatment that BW or XY got, for SM. Because Iawant to get SM, and I don´t want to feel cheated by GF and Nintendo. And that´s how I would feel if Stars has EVERYTHING that SM has, plus more... That would just suck.

6. To give you an idea of what I would like:

- Stars could be a sequel to SM. Gyms have been built in Alola, replacing the Island Trials (meaning that Trials would be exclusive to SM).
- Some Islands have new areas in Stars, while some old areas seen in SM are now blocked (meaning some locations are SM exclusive)
- New PCs, some new characters are added, some SM characters have left Alola (Colress for example, Looker as well)
- There is some new Villain in the game
- Solgaleo and Lunala are exclusive to SM, since Stars revolves around the third mascot
- The Battle Tree has some new characters added, but some SM ones are now not there (Anabel and Colress have left Alola, Steven, Lance have arrived to Alola)
- the Pokemon League is now well established, and has a new Champion, and the position isn´t vacant, like it was in SM before the Player became the first Champion ever.

- On the other hand, Stars would add Move Tutors once again, and might have a larger Regiona Pokedex than SM (like BW had a bigger Pokedex than BW, although of course, this time it would be a smaller addition).

And so on, and so forth. This would also be more economically beneficial for both Nintendo and GF: leaving some exlusive features to the 3DS games, like a different plot, and trials, could mean people would still have a reason to buy SM, IN ADDITION to purchasing Star for the Switch.

If Game Freak do that, then I would be fine with Stars, I guess. It would be a different Alola game from SM, with some new elements, and some missing elements, leaving both SM and Stars a reason to exist.

I just hope Stars doesn´t re- add Triple and Rotation battles, because this would just make SM look incomplete. Annd I also hope Stars doesn´t add brand new Pokemon (other than Mythicals), because that would just be unfair to 3DS users.
I expect from Stars:

Combine exclusive clothing and new clothes and accessories.

Extension after the final boss and after the tender sweet moment Necrozma appears battle/catch it's new form story plays the same after not sure about the Solgaleo/Lunala fight maybe you can choose which one if you battle any one at all.

The empty lots will be filled for something

New game mechanic

All UBs are in the side story

Hopefully an after game quest with Lillie's new goal.

Use of 3D models for overworld not like the mod unoutline that some use but better.

Better frame rate

All exclusive Pokemon in one

More cameos in the Battle Tree

Maybe new areas
Stars and Gen IV remakes have something in common. They're both based on simple assumptions. Gen IV remakes are at least foreshadowed in SM while nothing currently points to Stars ever being a thing.
I saw all the Johto hints in DPPT and Hoenn hints in BW and XY, sometimes I got ridiculed or accused of stretching, but even I can't find many hints or references to Sinnoh in SM. There are tons of references to Kanto throughout the story and actually even Johto gets a fair few mentions from NPC's.

Also I agree with others that it's more than likely Sun/Moon has some influences from whatever Zygarde game was meant to be. Not just that Zygarde stone, as well as the moves, but also I see a lot of parallels between Bonnie in the XYZ anime and Lillie from SM. I think the Z game was scrapped and adapted into the XYZ anime instead and possibly some carried over into the SM story.

Young blond girl with no Pokemon of her own has a mysterious cute unknown Pokemon in her bag that she loves and cares for and gives a cute nickname, and travels around with the main character as the Pokemon wants to go to certain locations while an evil team that initially try and pass themselves off as good are tracking them down. In the end it's revealed that actually the mysterious Pokemon is a weaker stage of the legendary Pokemon they've been looking for all this time.
I theorize we could see the return of old modes like Triple and Rotation Battles in Stars, a ton more fan service characters in the Battle Tree, and the much better use of the Ultra Dimension.

In other words, what if Sun and Moon are merely the prototypes for the game they wanted to make, and that they were originally tailored for the Switch specifically, but because of the delays of the console's release, they decided to try to convert it over to the 3DS instead. In other words, it's possible that any pretense we might have had about how great these games are would prove to be nothing compared to Pokémon Stars if that is the case. I think it's safe to say, given the initial trailer featured an HD model of Pikipek, that Stars was the base game for Sun and Moon instead of either Sun or Moon.

Now, who could the cover legendary be? Well, it could be Cosmog. Another possibility is that Necrozma may also potentially evolve from Cosmog and Cosmoen. Note that on their Pokedex entry pages, Solgaleo and Lunala do not share the same Pokedex page as Cosmog or Cosmoen? Well, I think it's possible that similar to the Sun and Moon dimensions producing either legendary, what if the Ultra Space could result in Cosmog and/or Cosmoen eventually evolving into Necrozma? It's also worth noting too that you never really get to evolve your Cosmog or Cosmoen in Ultra Space. It could also possibly be what the teased secret shared by Rockruff and the Starters--perhaps Ultra Forms they could obtain when they evolve in Ultra Space?

I personally do think we could see Ultra Space playing a much bigger role in Pokémon Stars if it indeed is true. And that may very well prove to be the true secret connection between Necrozma and Solgaleo and Lunala. The only question then remains--is it possible that Necrozma might also have an Ultra Form as well? I think if anything, he'll definitely have a form change, but it will function differently from the Starters or Lycanroc having Ultra Forms. I think we might end up getting an Ultra Cube or something like that that may force Necrozma to change shape. If Necrozma's true form is indeed a Godzilla-esque counterpart to Zygarde, then this true form could possibly gain the typing of Dragon/Psychic. Thus, continuing the trend of third legendaries in a trio always being part Dragon-type.
What I think would be the line up of gym leaders and elite four for pokemon stars if it is a sequel for sun and moon

Gym Leaders:
Ilima
Lana
Kiawe
Mallow
Sophocles
Nanu
Hapu
Mina

Elite Four:
Hala
Olivia
Acerola
Kahili

I know it is predictable but what would ur guess would be?
Speculation of Stars:
  • Necrozma is mascot of the game(s)
  • Necrozma has a new form(s) with a boost to BST.
  • Panola Town would have it's citizens returned after main story is over.
  • More returning characters such as Lance, Steven, Diantha and others.
  • Pokedex is expanded to 400 - 500.
  • Older legendaries appear in game such as Xerneas and Yveltal.
  • Brand new mega evolutions are available such as Johto starters.
  • New exclusive Z moves for pokemon like Turtonator for example.
  • New areas in post game.
All I got so far. Whether it is 3DS or Switch, it is up to GF to decide the fate of the games.
I had an idea. What if Alola Region is converted into Ultra Space over time?
The Ultra Space will be expanding, because the UBs want more space. And soon, the whole Alola Region will be under Ultra Space Area. Ultra Beasts will become capable of roaming around the region, and it will lead to a massive war between the UBs and the Tapus. The Tapus will lose, and over time, people will get used to living in Ultra Space.

The UBs will find a way to fuse with more people, and form 'Grunts' (a la Lusamine-Nihilego) of the UB organisation. The Player's mission will be to clear the trials+gyms fusion, clear the league, and help Alola get rid of Ultra Space energy.
There won't be a villainous organisation, but the UBs will be the villains.

Due to Ultra Space energy, some Pokemon willl develop new Alolan Forms, and new Forms for Lycanroc, and the Starters, which will focus on Stars and light.
Cosmoem will evolve into Necrozma due to this mutation.
This is the (my thought) Storyline of Stars.

I thought that the Fully Evovled starters in the 'Prism' Forms would change their typing. I noticed that the Alolan Starters are strong against their Kalos counterparts. What if the Prism forms are weak to the Kalos Starters?
Decidueye 'Prism' form: Grass/Dark
Incineroar 'Prism' form: Fire/Fighting
Primainrina 'Prism' form: Water/Psychic
Lycanroc 'Prism' form: Rock/Psychic
The theory that I endorse is that it came to Alola because it could sense the Ultra Wormhole distortions and figured that something was up. From what we know of the Ultra Beasts, they tend to wreak some havoc on the environment around them, and Core Enforcer could hypothetically shut down their Beast Boost Ability. As Zygarde predicted, the distortions were something worth being concerned about, since Beasts ended up getting dropped all over Alola.

But the games don't come anywhere near to explaining all of that, so it is just a theory.

(Also, why does Resolution Cave have the exact same layout as Terminus Cave, up to and including a Zygarde [Cell] on the central platform? Perhaps it is worth noting that it is also where we find the final UB?)

Last edited:
"Would you care to explain why playing Pokémon on the television is an 'utter joke?' What is terrible about being able to play Pokémon in HD on a beautiful large screen? Especially when you can still play it portably literally whenever you want.

Also, Pokémon Sun and Moon have reached the limit of the 3DS. This is obvious, considering the fact that they had to remove two battles features as well as the games getting noticeably laggy whenever you're in a double battle. Since it has reached the 3DS limit, Pokémon Stars will not offer much on the 3DS that SM didn't offer. Pokémon Stars on the Switch however will have so much more potential. There is no denying that a game on the Switch will likely be much better than on the 3DS, the only problem here is that some people don't want to purchase a switch 'just to play a third version', when they are going to have to purchase a switch at some point anyway.
Pokemon games should remain handheld. No one is denying anything. Gen 8 on Switch would indeed be better but not having the rest of gen 7 on a whole new handheld. And no, 3DS has no reached it's limit. I have faith it can do one more gen 7 game before Switch takes over for the next gen. Stars would offer much on 3DS. This is my opinion on the matter though. Agree to disagree.

What is the difference between Pokemon Stars and DP remake rumor, anyone?
Stars is a third version/sequel/something Alola-related for Sun and Moon for Switch according to the rumors leaked by Laura Kate Dale and Eurogamer.

DP remakes are just "Oh, we got Gen III, obviously Gen IV is next." ...And not much more than that. No leakers have mentioned anything about it.

Stars is a third version/sequel/something Alola-related for Sun and Moon for Switch according to the rumors leaked by Laura Kate Dale and Eurogamer.

DP remakes are just "Oh, we got Gen III, obviously Gen IV is next." ...And not much more than that. No leakers have mentioned anything about it.
Like we should really rely on those sources for the Stars leak. Also there were Sinnoh references in SM.

Which game do you think will release next year Pokemon Stars or DP remake, anyone?

Then call it Solar and Lunar Eclipse then. I don't know.

No, I shouldn't expect the possibility of completing the National Pokedex with two versions. Not all 802, anyways. Besides, even with Pokémon Bank getting it, it would at least be an act of convenience to have a National Pokedex in Alola.

Well if the parent version rumor is actually true, it's quite possible. Most of the Pokemon missing in SM can be caught in XY. And really, I said the same thing about ORAS with how many legendaries were missing, and sure enough, ORAS included every single one of them (granted it wasn't in a satisfying way, but we did get them).

And even if it isn't real, there's other ways to make up the difference. They could bring back the Friend Safari, they could have a PokeRadar/DexNav type of feature, there's any number of ways they can make up the difference. If they're moving onto 8th gen after Stars, they'll find a way. Or at the very least, they'll make it close.

Here's the source of "there's always the gyms":
Masuda Discusses the Idea of Rebooting the Pokémon Series

I can't find anything about: "There will never be third versions again."

Only: "For example, if after Black and White we
came out with a grey, people would have
been expecting that," Masuda said. "Same thing
with X/Y and having a Z straight afterwards. So
we're always just trying to surprise people."

Source: www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/ (14 October 2014)

That doesn't mean anything about their future plans for third version. They're just saying they didn't want to do Z immediately after.

Which game do you think will release next year Pokemon Stars or DP remake, anyone?
If we get something, it will almost certainly be Stars. Dale and Eurogamer were pretty much dead on with the Switch. It's pretty clear someone has given them that information.
Like we should really rely on those sources for the Stars leak. Also there were Sinnoh references in SM.
By that logic, Kanto is infinitely more likely than Sinnoh, and even Unova is more likely (Cynthia and Looker are the only returning NPC's from Gen IV, while 3 people from Gen V show up. And unlike Cynthia, those three people actually showed up outside the Battle Tree).

Just saying there are Sinnoh "References" is pretty weak evidence, they might as well be remaking everything if that held up.

Edit: I forgot Looker was a Gen IV person

Playing pokemon on a TV is a utter joke in my opinion. Graphics maybe one but that is not enough to support Stars on Switch. And no, the 3DS hasn't reached it's limits. People are assuming that because they want to move on to a new handheld more quickly.
Pokemon games should remain handheld. No one is denying anything. Gen 8 on Switch would indeed be better but not having the rest of gen 7 on a whole new handheld. And no, 3DS has no reached it's limit. I have faith it can do one more gen 7 game before Switch takes over for the next gen. Stars would offer much on 3DS. This is my opinion on the matter though. Agree to disagree.

You do realise that the Nintendo Switch is just as much a handheld console as it is a home console, right? Like I just said before, you have the option to play it in HD on the television OR you can play it via handheld and you can easily switch between the two whenever you like, therefore, there is no issue there.

And whether you you deny it or not, Pokémon Sun and Moon did reach the 3DS' limits, that is basically fact at this point. If a game lags at any point, then that is because a system has a hard time running it effectively. That is not up to opinion. The Switch will be much more powerful and will be able to run Pokémon Stars lag free. The 3DS will not be able to do that. If the 3DS can't even run Pokémon SM without lag, then how can it run an even bigger Pokémon game without lag? It can't.

Pokémon Stars (as any other game) will be more beneficial on the most powerful console, that is a given. So whether you disagree with purchasing a Switch to play it (you'll have to anyway to play gen VIII so I'm not even sure why you're complaining), Pokémon Stars as a game will be better off on the better console.

Back
Top Bottom