• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SOS chaining has a limit?

SpikOriundo

Apricorn Collector
Reaction score
So, I love farming for stuff. This SOS Battle system is amazing to me, though it is kinda dumb that you cannot throw a ball while there are two wild pokemon on the field.
Anyway, I've been counting the streaks I do, and been checking the Pokemons IVs.
After 30 Slowpokes, I managed to find a 4IVs Slowbro.
After 30 Bagon, I managed to find a 4IVs Salamence (holding a Dragon Claw even, and I got it on a Beast Ball. Amazing)
After 13 Dratinis and 17 Dragonairs, I got a 4IVs Dragonair. Would of have continued it, but I was hungry.
After ONE EFFING HUNDRED AND 4 Wingulls, I got a 4IVs Wingull.
See the trend? 4IVs on everyone. Have anyone also noticed that on your streaks? Is there really a limit, where only up to 4 IVs can get perfected?

Serebii.net actually states that the Max IVs for a 'mon from an SOS chain caps out at 4 stats.

You're welcome.

That's kinda silly. I was looking forward to chain 100 or so to get 6IVs, but maaaannn...

That easy? Took me more than 2 hours to get the 100th Wingull to appear!
But still, they could make it so at 200 or so you get perfect IVs. It would take only more than 6 hours :v

With bottle caps, you don't really need perfect IVs. Now if there was only a way to guarantee 0 Atk/Spe

But it begs the question...
What takes less time: getting a Pokemon to level 100 for Hyper Training, or just finding some with good IVs (takes at max 1 hour to streak 30 Pokemons), and breeding them around?

[Plus, I always loved breeding Pokemon, though it was as fun on emulator. Now that I have my own 2DS, I'm having the time of my life breeding them.]

But it begs the question...
What takes less time: getting a Pokemon to level 100 for Hyper Training, or just finding some with good IVs (takes at max 1 hour to streak 30 Pokemons), and breeding them around?

[Plus, I always loved breeding Pokemon, though it was as fun on emulator. Now that I have my own 2DS, I'm having the time of my life breeding them.]
Well, you need to collect shards for the Bottle Caps and considering you'd have to level up your Poke Pelago to get decent amount of shards from each exploration, I'd vote SOS chaining for good IV'd pokemon and breeding them. It might take some time in the beginning, but you only need one or two pokemon from certain Egg Groups and the rest is an easy job.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom