• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
BOOMBURST Mega-Gardevoir with Pixilate will turn Boomburst to Fairy type and give it x1.2 times damage then it gets stab from being Fairy Type on gardevoir, that would make it 252 base power.

252 base power gardevoir special move that goes through Sub and does AOE's in doubles, THAT IS MORE DAMAGE THAN EXPLOSION.

Hey, man. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Can you imagine Extreme Speed Salamence

ok now we're going from watching the world burn to straight up nuking it

When they love balancing around VGC wouldn't Boomburst be the right move for it to have? Because it can hit you're partner as well.

I'm a bit biased because Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon and GF really messed up on the stat allocations in it's Mega form. It gets 20 points added in ATTACK!!! WHY!!!!! Its not gonna use return ever and those 20 could have easily gone into it's speed stat to make it 120
Okay so no Boomburst but can get Spacial Rend because it's Pokedex entry states it can make black holes and that move is the closest we have to a black hole attack.

Can you imagine Extreme Speed Salamence
Close Combat Medicham

Also why isn't Secret Power a physical Hidden Power
And why not make Pure Power also double the Special stat

Gardevoir with Spacial Rend? Doesn't she have enough coverage against Dragon-Types?

Also, Let's give Talonflame Oblivion Wing! He totally needs a buff after the (Justifiable) Gale Wings Nerf (That's BS for ya!)

What's next? Combining Arceus', Mewtwo's, Mew's, Rayquaza's (Complete with Dragon Ascent), AND Charizard's movesets?!? Giving Pidgeot Dynamic Punch?! MAKE TOUGH CLAWS BOOST CONTACT MOVES BY 9001%?!?! Seriously, at this point you just want to destroy the Metagame.

Speaking of Megas, Do you think GF will bring back New Mega evolution well and improved in future games, or GF got rid off Megas altogether

Gardevoir with Spacial Rend? Doesn't she have enough coverage against Dragon-Types?

Also, Let's give Talonflame Oblivion Wing! He totally needs a buff after the (Justifiable) Gale Wings Nerf (That's BS for ya!)

What's next? Combining Arceus', Mewtwo's, Mew's, Rayquaza's (Complete with Dragon Ascent), AND Charizard's movesets?!? Giving Pidgeot Dynamic Punch?! MAKE TOUGH CLAWS BOOST CONTACT MOVES BY 9001%?!?! Seriously, at this point you just want to destroy the Metagame.

What I propose is still in the realm of the sane and I would have given Pidgeot Focus Blast

If GF was really concerned about the metagame they would have actually made Gen 7 pokemon good and not centralized around Tapus and UBs

I'm pretty sure Reshiram is still Ubers and while he might not be used as much as the other legendaries it's still pretty strong for OU and he has very strong Fire STAB.
Now Kyurem Black is OU because for a strong Pokemon with 170 attack he only has Dragon Claw and Fusion Bolt and no usable physical Ice STAB relying on Ice beam instead. Why doesn't he get Ice Punch? Maybe with the introduction of Ice Hammer he might get one.
Some Pokemon really should have their move sets fixed. Like Gardevoir should learn Boomburst
170 attack means nothing when the only physical ice move it gets is freeze shock.

Speaking of Megas, Do you think GF will bring back New Mega evolution well and improved in future games, or GF got rid off Megas altogether

I'd like to think they would, but after the way they were handled in Sun/Moon, who knows.

Besides, there's other ways they can empower older Pokemon without mega evolution. They could invent new gameplay mechanics.

I have reasons to believe that the next generation of pokemon will take place on Spain. Hear me out on this one, I know it is pure speculation on my sude but you see junichi masuda was tweeting alot about spain lately also if you remeber during the ultra beast task mission looker always enter the door speaking spanish of some sort. I dont know maybe it is just me theorizing stuff but I really think spain will be the next setting
He does that to Portugal too, but it's just because he's traveling there and being interviewed there.
He did a lot about Shanghai last year and nothing about a Shanghai region happened. (Well, we got Chinese games, but still.)

And no, Looker speaks a random language everytime he enters, not just Spanish.

If you propose that Spain will be the template for a future region you have to take into account that it will share many connections with the Kalos region. You may not be able to travel there, but it's be unreasonable to expect the games to not future NPCs, Pokemon, and elements from Kalos.

Speaking of Kalos, If we got a region based off the UK, we could perhaps reach Kalos through a channel-tunnel like area.
I would actually like to see a region based off the former Yugoslavia, but I doubt that will happen.

I think that we are only seeing new regions in first pair games only. That probably explains why we only got Kalos in XY and no other game. Alola would probably be the same and remain in SM. I don't see a return to Kalos at this point.

I found something that might confirm that Stars is fake.

So?

This thread is called Rumors/Fakes/leaks discussion.

We're still free to talk about stars or anything else regardless of what new "evidence" comes up against it.

I'm still of a mind that Gamefreak is aware that the 3DS has long reached its limit and the time to evolve is soon.

But why the needless pretense when you could just, you know... post it?
I already did. It's in the Stars discussion thread.

It's an interview that suggests that GameFreak is interested in making games for the Switch, but doesn't know when. This means that a Switch Pokemon game is not in development right now.

Right, but if it's relevant to mention here in addition to the Stars thread, then it would be helpful to include the link in this thread as well, instead of making a vague statement that adds an extra step of somebody needing to ask you what it is that you've found.

It's an interview that suggests that GameFreak is interested in making games for the Switch, but doesn't know when. This means that a Switch Pokemon game is not in development right now.

No it doesn't. It means they want to test out the switch for future entries. Pokémon Stars, being a rumoured third version, would be the perfect game to test out the Nintendo Switch with for future generational games, as others have already said.

Back
Top Bottom