• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Gen 8 would be perfect for testing the Switch. I can't wait for Switch to get gen 8 as the first main series games on it.

Gen 8 would be perfect for testing the Switch. I can't wait for Switch to get gen 8 as the first main series games on it.
Not really. A new generation will possibly be like XY. It was all shine, but no substance. While a third version already has many things in place. It's easier for them to adapt Alola to the Switch than start anew. This will also test the Switch with software that they can better and enhance, than start over and give us a generation that would possibly need an expanded version.

You'll really regret saying gen VIII will definitely be the first games on Switch if the Stars rumours are true. Also, if they use Pokémon Stars to test out the Switch, then they'll be able to make Gen VIII as perfect as possible, with less of a chance to get things wrong, having already tested everything.

It's sort of like how The Wind Waker was used to test out Wii U hardware for Zelda (ie The Wii U could load significantly more of the ocean at once, allowing the sailing to go faster), and that testing was part of why we got The Wind Waker HD. The other part was to be a holdover title for BotW (alongside Twilight Princess HD a few years later), which is another purpose Stars can serve.

(Immediately points out that B2W2 were out in the 3DS's second year and XY in it's third year)
(Immediately points out that the 3DS and the Switch are two totally different systems.)

The Switch is way bigger project than the 3DS in that is both a console and a handheld. Nintendo is placing all their eggs in one basket and are placing a way bigger focus on the Switch. The 3DS was basically just the next DS with 3D and inproved graphics.

Nintendo has not yet confirmed the end of the 3DS. Many companies will still support it. I think that the 3DS will be discontinued in 2018.

Nintendo has not yet confirmed the end of the 3DS. Many companies will still support it. I think that the 3DS will be discontinued in 2018.
Yeah, just because Switch is coming in March 2017, doesn't mean they'll discontinued 3ds right away, they always wait at least a year or 2 to discontinued the original, so @RileyXY1's right they'll discontinued 3ds till 2018, well likely to see gen 8 in 2018 on switch exclusive

Also, if Stars is real, and It comes out in 2017, the 3ds would have a virtually nonexistent holiday lineup if there will still be games other than the Yokai Watch 3 localization.

If Stars is real, when do people think that we'll have Gen 7's break year, if there is one? Every generation had at least one break year.

Not really. A new generation will possibly be like XY. It was all shine, but no substance. While a third version already has many things in place. It's easier for them to adapt Alola to the Switch than start anew. This will also test the Switch with software that they can better and enhance, than start over and give us a generation that would possibly need an expanded version.
Disagree. The perfect time to test out the Switch is gen 8.

You'll really regret saying gen VIII will definitely be the first games on Switch if the Stars rumours are true. Also, if they use Pokémon Stars to test out the Switch, then they'll be able to make Gen VIII as perfect as possible, with less of a chance to get things wrong, having already tested everything.
Disagree. It is pointless to put the exact same game as SM on the Switch. Best test out a whole new region and gen on Switch. And no, I am not going to regret it.

That's not how test games work.
You don't test with a first entry of a new gen but with something less risky like a third version (Stars)
It doesn't make sense to test out the Switch with a game of gen 7. Gen 8 makes perfect sense. When it is about making games, risk is something they have to prepare for.

It doesn't make sense to test out the Switch with a game of gen 7.
Why?

Give me a reason why premade assests are not more convenient for testing waters.

Give me a reason why Nintendo specifically stated they were using The Wind Waker to test the Wii U for Zelda back when the system was still rather new (which led to the release of The Wind Waker HD). Why would they not do something similar for Pokémon?

Why?

Give me a reason why premade assests are not more convenient for testing waters.

Give me a reason why Nintendo specifically stated they were using The Wind Waker to test the Wii U for Zelda back when the system was still rather new (which led to the release of The Wind Waker HD). Why would they not do something similar for Pokémon?
Because cutting a gen in half between handheld isn't a good strategy and testing a new gen on the Switch is much more sufficient as it gives you a whole new experience.

@RainbowLifeAndLove I don't think GF would have a break year next year, because they're already developing a game for next year anyway. So there no purpose on break year
I meant that if Stars is real, then 2017 will be Stars. So I was asking that after 2017 when would be the break year if there is one. I am thinking 2018 with Gen 8 in 2019.

Because cutting a gen in half between handheld isn't a good strategy
Elaborate on this. It would get that system some more sales closer to launch.
testing a new gen on the Switch is much more sufficient as it gives you a whole new experience.
Why would the developers want to have to create new models and scenery while practicing with the new hardware? Using an expanded port for experiments lets them test the waters without having to start from total scratch. How is this not more convenient for the developers?

You also did not answer my question. If a new game is better for testing waters, then why would TWW HD be specifically stated in its announcement direct a few years ago to be a tool to help the Zelda devs test out the Wii U (in addition to being a stop-gap, that is)? And why would Pokémon be different in this regard?

I meant that if Stars is real, then 2017 will be Stars. So I was asking that after 2017 when would be the break year if there is one. I am thinking 2018 with Gen 8 in 2019.

Maybe 2017 is stars on switch
2018 is DPP remake on switch
Then a break on 2019
Then 2020 for new gen

I heard somewhere that we have a datamine placeholder for until 2021 VGC
So maybe just maybe they will do 8th gen on their 25th anniv and do a kanto reboot at 2020 on switch?

Back
Top Bottom