• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer a Sinnoh remake. Kanto's been shoved down our throats way too much lately.
I feel like Pokemon have done a lot to please Kanto fans recently. So I doubt we'll get Kanto remakes this gen at least.

We might get one in Gen 8 along side possibly Gen 5 remakes. Since Gen 5 is when a lot of Pokemon changed.

Kanto has been shoved down our faces lately. DP remakes should happen first in my opinion. Plus Kanto has a poor story and post game. I doubt that it can ever be fixed in near future.

Considering Rowan's area of expertise is in evolutions I'd hope for more mega evolutions as well as cross gen evolutions.

Maybe for certain really underwhelming lines they could get a new evolution and a mega.
Cross-gen evolutions, if they ever happen again, are reserved for new generations. However, I could see them bringing back Mega Evolution to the center at least temporarily. No only is Prof. Rowan interested in Evolution (would would logically extend to Mega Evolution), but Prof. Sycamore actually studied under him. If there's ever a chance for more Megas, Sinnoh would be the perfect place for it.

Also, focusing on Z-Moves in Sinnoh would just feel out-of-place unless they retcon Rowan to study moves instead of evolution, which would contradict why Sycamore would study under Rowan in the first place. Plus, there's not much exclusive Z-Moves can offer hype-wise compared to the marketing potential of Mega Evolution. I just don't see Z-Moves being a big selling point for Sinnoh remakes, especially since it would feel out-of-place without drastically altering the way Sinnoh is presented.

Mega Luxray as Electric/Dark makes it more weak due to several added weaknesses. Keep it pure Electric.

Mega Luxray as Electric/Dark makes it more weak due to several added weaknesses. Keep it pure Electric.
More weaknesses doesn't mean that it's less useful. Eelektross, a pure Electric-type, has no weaknesses thanks to Levitate. But I don't see people using him often.

Another example is Tyranitar who has 7 weaknesses, but is used often in, I believe, sandstorm teams. I am not a competitive battler, so it would help if someone can back me up on this. :)

More weaknesses doesn't mean that it's less useful. Eelektross, a pure Electric-type, has no weaknesses thanks to Levitate. But I don't see people using him often.

Another example is Tyranitar who has 7 weaknesses, but is used often in, I believe, sandstorm teams. I am not a competitive battler, so it would help if someone can back me up on this. :)
Luxray is frail so it doesn't need more types to exploit it's weaknesses.

Here's my idea for Mega Luxray:

More Defense and Special Defense than Special Attack due to Direct Heal.
Atk: 120 -> 140
Def: 79 -> 109
Sp.A: 95 -> 105
Sp.D: 79 -> 109
Spd: 70 -> 80

Ability:
- Tough Claws
- Or Strong Jaw
- Or Direct Heal (Restore 25% of health every time Luxray makes physical contact with the foe)

My idea for Mega Luxray:
Type: Electric
Ability: Thundercloud - ground type moves have no effect.
Attack is increase to 150 and special attack increased to 115. Speed boosted to 100.

My idea for Mega-Luxray

Electric-type

Attack is unchanged,
Special Attack will be 120, same as Attack and a 25 point increase
Defense and Special Defense will get 31 points each. Going to 110
Speed will get the last 13 points.

Ability will be Galvanize.

The idea is just a general boost, with Galvanize and the Sp. Atk increase increasing its options.

Also I think that there will be 2 Mythical pokemon to catch in game. One of which is Deoxys and another will be a Gen 4 Mythical (Manaphy is likely due to being needed to access a non-legendary pokemon [Phione]. Darkrai and Arceus are related to other legendaries.)

I'm hoping that the ultra beasts are added into the plot, it feels like something that belongs in sinnoh with the alternate dimensions and what not.

How would you guys feel about dialga palkia giratina and Arceus being retconned into ultra beasts? Maybe with a form that resembles the odd alien like designs like the ultra beasts we do know?

What luxray need more than anything else is better physical stab.

Volt tackle would be a start.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus should not be Ultra Beasts. Their dimensions is not the same as Ultra Space. I prefer they stay pokemon.

What luxray need more than anything else is better physical stab.

Volt tackle would be a start.
thunder fang.

@mega converstation
There should be no megas in sinnoh unless its a sequel or are found underground or else people will get upset again with scyamores throwaway line.

Honestly even if gamefreak had intended to not remake hoenn yet (which they were it was in the works since 2012 right?) why include that line when they knw full well it'll be in future regions.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus should not be Ultra Beasts. Their dimensions is not the same as Ultra Space. I prefer they stay pokemon.

Ultra beasts are pokemon.

Stop being so close minded to everything :\ if nothing else its interesting in theory and it would explain were Arceus comes from.

Ultra beasts are pokemon.

Stop being so close minded to everything :\ if nothing else its interesting in theory and it would explain were Arceus comes from.
Yes but they come from Ultra space. Those four don't. I am not being close minded, I am being realistic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom