• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We want to see with our own eyes how your system is playing the game, particularly under the stress of Doubles/Battle Royale/Totems, if it really is as perfectly fine.

Right now, video footage evidence points to lag. Provide video footage evidence against it.

This isn't a very complicated request. We're simply asking you to provide evidence beyond "I didn't see it," because it may have slipped under your radar and you simply didn't notice. We want to check and make sure with footage YOU know isn't "fake."
Look I focus on the game all the time. If there was lag then it is not as bad as some think.

Okay then I have a compromise. Suppose Nintendo would do a release of Stars and the rest of Gen VII for both the Switch and the 3DS. The latter will still be crappier than the other but it would allow a grace period for people to trade up and there is precedence for this kind of thing in the industry (See all the PS3 games with PS2 ports, and the PS4 games with PS3 ports. Also Gold and Silver were playable on the original Game Boy)

Would you be happy then?

Show some proof then.
If you're right everyone will drop their arguments against you.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain if you're right
I don't need to. I am happy with my game as it is so that is that.

It's certainly possible. Perhaps Magearna could be an in-game event where you complete a mission or something (akin to Deoxys in the Gen III games) and then catch/receive it at the end.

I think getting a mythical in a main series game is a one-off. Deoxys didn't fit in with the 12 month mythical event schedule and was put in ORAS as a special treat for players. Plus we can already get Magearna by QR Code.

The Eurogamer leak about Stars says the game is Switch exclusive, and has been in development alongside SM.
Therefore, if Eurogamer are saying the truth, Game Freak have been developing a game for the Switch, simultaneously while developing SM.

And Masuda´s interview indirectly deconfirms Eurogamer´s information, by implying they aren´t developing for the Switch atm, and will only start thinking about developing a new game for the Switch, after the Switch is out, and they have learned how the fans use the console, how do they play, and their reaction towards it. This would mean GF are not developing a Pokemon game for the Switch for now.

So, at this point, there are only 2 options:
1) Masuda is not saying the truth. He is hiding the fact that they are developing a Pokemon game for the Switch, and have been developing alongside SM.
2) Eurogamer´s leak is fake as fuck.

There is no other option.

PS : I have read the interview in Spanish, and I can confirm that Masuda is basically saying the Switch is the future of Pokemon, but they will not be developing anything for it, until the Switch´s launch, and until they have studied how people play the Switch, and do they like it. Which, if you have been following GF´s release patterns, makes sense. They never release a Pokemon game for the new hardware during the first year of the console.

Last edited:
I'll start.

Do you think they will have another Mythical in-game pokemon like ORAS?
Can we just have all of them? I honestly hate the idea of event-onlys....

My main wishes:
Bring back Triples, Rotations, and Inverse (with the last of these upgraded to full format with Link battle support and stuff).
Classier customization options, like XY. While on the subject, gender equality for the male trainers' customization options. Boys can wear more than what they got.
More Alolan forms, specifically ones from Gens II-VI. Gamefreak, if you're gonna pander, at least pander more equally...
New Megas, particularly for Gen IV-VI Pokémon. Also, missing Stones already in the game code, like Galladite. (You mean I can't use Mega Gallade, GF? How dare you).
More story devoted to UB's. Nihilego as the only one with any involvement was such a waste.
Some extra Battle Tree Trainers I guess. Bugsy/Tsukushi? Please?
So, at this point, there are only 2 options:
1) Masuda is not saying the truth. He is hiding the fact that they are developing for the Switch, and have been developing it alongside SM.
2) Eurogamer´s leak is fake as fuck.

There is no other option.
I'd say 1. Game Devs have to be super careful to not say things they're not supposed to (ie revealing things that are scheduled for later reveals), and often lie or be super vague/nonspecific to do so.

I agree Stars is still probably legit. But its likeliness has significantly decreased now that Masuda indirectly deconfirmed it. I would say Stars was 95% true and 5% fake until before Masuda´s interview. Now, it is 60% true, 40% fake in my opinion.

Yay! The conversation finally moved forward! :D

I am also going to say that Masuda is being as vague as possible. He once said that there'll always be Gyms and we all know how that turned out. :p

I saw Stars as 95% real and 5% fake before the interview. Afterward, I see Stars as 98% real and 2% fake.

I think Stars is 99% fake and 1% real after the gang up on me. I just want this ordeal to be over by seeing if the news is indeed fake.

I am also going to say that Masuda is being as vague as possible.
Except he really wasn´t as vague as possible. He literally says it is too early to develop for the Switch, and they have a lot of analizing to do before starting a Switch project, and that they are not going to start developing before the console´s launch.

But we will see, we do have the Gyms interview precedent, where he implied Gyms were in SM.

As I said, 60% 40%

I think Stars is 99% fake and 1% real after the gang up on me. I just want this ordeal to be over by seeing if the news is indeed fake.

No one ganged up on you. It's not our problem your opinions are different than others, that is what opinions are. You had an opinion, and others had a differing opinion. If you felt ganged up, then you can't blame anybody for that because we have just as much right to speak as you do.

Back to the topic - In regards to that interview, it could be taken to mean that 'future entries' refers to future generations and Pokémon Stars is being used to test out the Switch. This is likely to be a big stretch, however, if it was indeed true that Pokémon Stars was developed alongside Pokémon SM, then to them, Pokémon Stars wouldn't be a 'future entry' as they had already started creating it. Either way though, he could have meant that Stars is the test for future generations of Pokémon for the Switch.

I hope they bring in older legendaries. Xerneas and Yveltal really need to appear in another game.

After all the constant Kanto featuring this year, not to mention
Lillie going to Kanto
I wouldn't be surprised if Stars ended up including Kanto as a second region in the game. Or if next year's game on the Switch (if real), in general, is a Kanto revisit. Who knows.

Chances are, we're gonna have a Pokemon game next year. And I'm really feeling like it's very likely gonna be on the Switch, unless GF wants another under-performing game on the 3DS. And I need my reveal ASAP. Though, realistically, that reveal probably wouldn't be until about March-May imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom