• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM007: The Vagabond in the Market, Nyabby!

Yeah I was surprised myself.
I'm honestly expecting Stoutland to pass away at some point.

Litten and Ash have gotta build up that bond first before Ash get 'em.
Is this Litten a female one? I could've sworn I heard that during this episode.

Also willing to bet that Litten will become the powerhouse of Ash's team.

Lastly, no Ninja Jesus this episode, which sucks(well, either that I missed that part completely) - I did have to do some stuff while it was airing so if Bewear was in the episode then yeah..

Last edited:
I only hope that it's not drawn out too long. Remember Krokorok?
Yeah, that was far too long. I hope it doesn't take that long here.

I feel as though maybe it'll be his next capture after his first trial is done.
Maybe Litten - watching on the sidelines, seeing Ash for who he is as he's doing the trial..I don't know, just throwing random thoughts out there xD

First Rowlet and now Litten....is 'being raised by a Pokemon of a different species' going to be a thing?

Surprised that Ash didn't catch Litten here, but it looks like it's going to be a gradual build up to the point where it wants to be on Ash's team. Does anyone find it funny that Litten, Ash, and Pikachu ran right between Kiawe and Charizard at the door at the Pokemon center and they watched them run off wondering what happened? XD

Litten is the cutest thing ever. This episode was great. But why are they always making my Persian evil:/

OMG, Litten is so cute. I love him! I love how Ro-dex also tried to stop Litten from fleeing with the sandwich. Wow, that's Persian's voice. It sounds menacing. But I love how beautiful it looks animated. Sucks that the species is being used in villainous role again, though. I will say that was pretty clever of him to make Litten toast his own sandwich.

Litten and Stoutland were so sweet to each other. I love how they actually gave Litten a back story and a friend/teacher. It's nice to know that the reason he takes food to bring it to his aging friend. And I felt so bad after his nightmare about Stoutland's passing.

Litten looked so cute with his cone on:) I lol'd when he couldn't jump through the bars due to the cone. Ok, seriously, why the hell was Persian acting like an asshole? It just seemed to be tormenting Litten for no good reason. I hate how they always portray Persian as a villain, but it's even worse it a case like this where it's seemingly acting like a jerk just for the fun of it. I also wasn't a fan of how the whole situation ended with Litten creating a massive Ember to burn up Persian and then the guy just runs away defeated. It just seemed really rushed. It was nice that Ash wanted to bring fruit to Litten. But where was Stoutland at the end...

Overall, this was a really nice episode. Litten was so adorable and so sweet. I didn't mind that he wasn't captured. He should stay with Stoutland and help him out before running off with Ash or anyone else. I hope the big dog doesn't actually die though. Or if he does, it happens after Litten is captured. I wouldn't want him to have to see that:cry:. Also, thank goodness that annoying owl wasn't here at all. That made the episode 10x better:D. I'll give this a 9/10.

I was shocked that they so explicitly showed Nyabby's nightmare that Mooland would die. Wow, props guys because that was actually a real moment. I'm not really sure how they're going to take this story forward. I don't see an exit for Nyabby to enter Satoshi's party here other than the old dog dying but I think it's now a dead cert that it will join him. Would they really go there? Hard to say.

I love Mao and Suiren's relationship! Can't wait to see more of the two of them together.

It was nice to see the TRio taking a holiday, I'm looking forward to someone knowing flowery Japanese translating the motto variation. A missed opportunity with Persian and Nyasu but the story is obviously not over yet so there is still a chance.

Horribly animated episode btw. +1 for some funny faces nevertheless.

I only hope that it's not drawn out too long. Remember Krokorok?

I am of the opinion that Krokorok got drawn out because of the loss of Rocket v Plasma.

I'm not sure how to feel right now. The episode was cute and I like how they handled Litten's story with Stoutland, but Ash didn't catch the kitty.

This story feels like a multi-parter. I suspect we'll be seeing Litten again.

Litten is the cutest thing ever. This episode was great. But why are they always making my Persian evil:/

OMG, Litten is so cute. I love him! I love how Ro-dex also tried to stop Litten from fleeing with the sandwich. Wow, that's Persian's voice. It sounds menacing. But I love how beautiful it looks animated. Sucks that the species is being used in villainous role again, though. I will say that was pretty clever of him to make Litten toast his own sandwich.

Litten and Stoutland were so sweet to each other. I love how they actually gave Litten a back story and a friend/teacher. It's nice to know that the reason he takes food to bring it to his aging friend. And I felt so bad after his nightmare about Stoutland's passing.

Litten looked so cute with his cone on:) I lol'd when he couldn't jump through the bars due to the cone. Ok, seriously, why the hell was Persian acting like an asshole? It just seemed to be tormenting Litten for no good reason. I hate how they always portray Persian as a villain, but it's even worse it a case like this where it's seemingly acting like a jerk just for the fun of it. I also wasn't a fan of how the whole situation ended with Litten creating a massive Ember to burn up Persian and then the guy just runs away defeated. It just seemed really rushed. It was nice that Ash wanted to bring fruit to Litten. But where was Stoutland at the end...

Overall, this was a really nice episode. Litten was so adorable and so sweet. I didn't mind that he wasn't captured. He should stay with Stoutland and help him out before running off with Ash or anyone else. I hope the big dog doesn't actually die though. Or if he does, it happens after Litten is captured. I wouldn't want him to have to see that:cry:. Also, thank goodness that annoying owl wasn't here at all. That made the episode 10x better:D. I'll give this a 9/10.

That's an interesting bit, Stoutland teaching Litten. I wonder if that'll have repercussions down the line

Aww, I thought this episode would end up having a bit more to it. :/ Wasn't too crazy about it, to be honest, but Nyabby was cute, and I like that Satoshi doesn't always end up catching every Pokemon he forms a friendship with right away. And yeah, the animation was quite stiff with lines that seemed thicker than normal. Also, random Meloetta theme seemed out of place to me. Eh...bit of a clunky episode overall.
The chill TR motto was the highlight for me. I hope there'll be another chance for them and Persian to interact, because that was a missed opportunity!
I didn't even realize that Mooland had died in Nyabby's dream, have we EVER actually seen a dead Pokemon in the show before? Damn.
Anyway, I'm interested to see how things will develop with Nyabby. My guess is that Mooland will either find a good home or some other Pokemon will come along and help take care of him so that Nyabby can join Satoshi.

Last edited:
Episode was a disappointment. It was kind of misleading to show us shots of Ash and Litten bonding. Ash won't be getting a Litten now. He had his chance and failed again. 3/10 for effort.

It does paint a very nice image of Alola as an accepting region though, I'll give them that.
Lol! I was going to say the exact same thing before I saw your comment. It's a great visual nod to the reference in the game that claims Alolan Pokemon are more likely to help each other out than Pokemon from other regions.

Mate where is your sense of compassion?! He didn't throw a ball at Nyabby because he came to understand that it was caring for its sick/incapacitated Mooland and that he shouldn't come between them for his own selfish reasons.
The only pokemon that reappear and eventually got caught was Sandile. I don't see Litten following that pattern. This is wild Litten that is unlikely to appear again.

The music was so good in this episode, reminds me of why I don't bother with the dub anymore.

what i afraid the most is happening, the writing still good, but the animation ... i can sense the regression, especially on how character move
some part is good, but with that inconcistencies, i hope it does'nt last long, and i hope in the next episode, we can get the animation back just like the beginning of series, since for the first time, we got trainer battle in this series

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom