• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
There isn't evidence for Stars being real or fake. So far, it is just a rumor. I don't personally trust the rumor myself but others are free to do so.

(Sigh)

You all just shoot down any evidence against Stars.

There is no implication that GF is even making Stars.

You all are Pokèmon Stars Extremists.

Did you ever pay attention to Triple Battles? Which had 6 Objects on the screen at once? Same with Rotation Battles.

A mod told us to stop with stars, and you didn't listen.

It was implied Stars is not even in the works.

But you'll say "Fuk yu strs has evidence"

Also, the next Gen 7 games may communicate with a Switch Application somehow. Remember the Dream Radar?

Well, as long as you "find" any evidence, which is not real, I'm outta here.

See Ya

Nobody is shooting down anything. It is called speculation. We have just as much right to discuss the possibility it is real as you have of discussing the possibility it is fake.

No mod told us to stop discussing Stars. This thread is specifically designed to talk about rumours, which is what Pokémon Stars is. I suggest you re read these comments before making more statements such as this one.

Stars DOES have evidence, which has already been noted dozens of times by this point. In fact, the recent Spanish interview is currently the only possible evidence AGAINST Stars, everything else is evidence FOR Stars. And considering the only evidence against Stars is from the company that always avoids and lies about things in order to keep things hidden and a surprise, I believe you shouldn't find it too difficult to see why plenty still believe the rumour is true.

Lastly, if you're so upset about people discussing Stars, I suggest you find a different thread to participate in. This thread is for RUMOURS, fakes, and leaks.

Actually Stars doesn't. We only got those rumors from those so call sources. Evidence for Stars would be picture of the game package or a brand new form of a gen 7 pokemon. That is evidence.

Actually Stars doesn't. We only got those rumors from those so call sources. Evidence for Stars would be picture of the game package or a brand new form of a gen 7 pokemon. That is evidence.

That is proof. Proof and evidence aren't the exact same thing. Evidence that confirms something is 'proof', however, there is also evidence that suggests something is real without confirming it. I never said there is evidence that proves Stars is real, however, there is evidence that suggests Stars is real.

Masuda said they aren´t developing ANYTHING for the Switch YET. People can try to twist his words if they want to, but the fact remains: Masuda just confirmed they are not developing anything for the Switch yet, which can only mean 2 things:

a) Masuda is not saying the truth, they ARE developing Stars, and have been developing it with SM.
b) Eurogamer and LKD flopped really badly.

Those are the only real options. "Masuda meant they will make a third version to try out the Switch" is NOT an option. That is not what he said in that Spanish interview.

You trust a guy who once said in the interview that they will never remove gyms because it was vital to pokemon plot. That next gen(7) will have more mega evolutions. Someone who deny the starter leaks before. Masuda is known to deny rumors that which turn out to be true later on and I think it is his way to hide the truth until official announcement

So far im not saying stars is real but at the rate of which all rumors on switch coking true along with the patent revealed I doubt stars could be scrapped.

That is proof. Proof and evidence aren't the exact same thing. Evidence that confirms something is 'proof', however, there is also evidence that suggests something is real without confirming it. I never said there is evidence that proves Stars is real, however, there is evidence that suggests Stars is real.
Sorry but do you really expect me to believe in those sources? Sure they may have gotten things right but sooner or later they would have to get things wrong. Nevertheless, I am waiting for GF to announce the next pokemon game as they are the only legit source that has evidence and proof of new games. This is my opinion and nothing more.

Moreover, there apparently is data for a 3rd lycanrock somewhere.
Or they could just have Rockruff evolve into the Midnight forme because stars are generally only seen in the night sky.

Edit: Err, my bad. I read that as there isn't any data. Do we know anything about this third forme?

Sorry but do you really expect me to believe in those sources? Sure they may have gotten things right but sooner or later they would have to get things wrong. Nevertheless, I am waiting for GF to announce the next pokemon game as they are the only legit source that has evidence and proof of new games. This is my opinion and nothing more.

Whether you believe the rumours or not is completely up to you. You are correct in saying that Gamefreak (Well, other sources like Nintendo and CoroCoro are also just as valid) are the only ones that can provide evidence that PROVES it is real, however, there is still evidence that suggests that is real. Of course, no current evidence confirms or denies anything, so it is completely up to one's opinion on how to take the rumours and the little information we have.

They were. In my perception, of course. My frustration is more that I received demerits then watched behavior symbiotic contine from both sides. Feels very selective. We do get trial captain rematches already, just not high leveled.
Nope. My opinions are my opinions. They are fine and not outlandish no matter what you say. The problems that the Stars rumors has caused is because of those so called sources who think they know all of GF's plans. They do not and has most likely made a mistake this time.

If someone has a track record of being correct, the argument that they will eventually get something incorrect and therefore in this instance they are wrong about stars has no logical basis.

You could say it at any point and be just as relevant, this is like saying just because I was able to do single digit addition maths 100 times in a row successfuly that I am likely to fail to be able to add 2+2 on the 101st try, it is theoretically possible but in reality I'm pretty sure its more likely to continue a general trend of being correct.

If we were to take Masuda's words as the whole truth then yes, Proof showing that stars is not real. this is a big "If".
People have presented past examples where he has lied or twisted the truth to mislead us which you have not refuted, this discredit's masuda's words on the matter greatly as it shows that he is less of a reliable source than these people who have a track record of being correct.

You are saying Masuda is not lying therefore stars is not real even though he has lied plenty in the past

You are also saying that people with track records of telling the truth and being correct are incorrect/lying BECAUSE they have a good track record?

I will personally put my trust in non-bias third parties who have a good track record of gettings things right compared to a Nintendo first party representative who has lied numerous times in the past because that is basic business techniques.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look like lyranroc is getting another form in "Star"

Unfortunately this is purely conjecture, we have no idea if there was originally going to be a Z-form or a third form etc for it and it just happened to be scrapped.

Since we don't know if this is for something in the future or something that was scraped we can't really use it for evidence for stars or for a third form IN stars.

Then why are you even still in here? In the "Rumors/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread." Which is an entire thread dedicated to the speculation of and discussion of rumors, potential leaks, and the like. This is the thread that is everything besides official announcements. If you want to be stuck in your opinion about everything being fake, that's totally fine. You do you. But there's no reason to participate in this thread if you refuse to contribute to the conversation in a positive manner, as this thread seems to be meant for. All this ends up becoming is circular arguments that go nowhere and sometimes detract from productive discussion. No offense meant, you do you dude.

Let's hope it's a cross between Midday, and Midnight, and gets a nice dual Typing...

And can I get a decent f***ing movepool?! *crowd roars*

Let's hope it's a cross between Midday, and Midnight, and gets a nice dual Typing...

If its true, looks like Stars may be more than just a upgraded version of Sun and Moon, being more of a super sequel with new features. As for this supposed third Lycanroc form, I'd put my guesses it will just be another mono Rock-type, or if lucky, it could be a Rock/Fairy type. Rock/Dark also works for me.

Back
Top Bottom