• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What did you NOT like about Sun&Moon?

First of all for a game series whose main motto has been "gotta catch em all" having no national Dex is ridiculous,at least post elite 4 bring it in.
Erm...didn't they drop the motto after Crystal's release?

Also, I don't like how the Bank won't be updated to support Sun and Moon until January. Was really looking forward to transferring my Yellow champion team...fearing my New 3DS XL will break before, and lose all the data I had from Yellow. T~T

Also, why no StreetPass? I wanted to show off my team...

Last edited:
I can't walk into a store that carries pokemon merchandise without seeing a shirt or mug or something with "gotta catch em all" on it.

I don't like how mascots got useless pre-evolutions.
Eh, I'm fine with the existence of the pre-evolutions just for the sake of world-building and being something new. It may be better to evolve them, but they're adorable, so I say it's cool that they exist.

Oh, and I'm quite disappointed trainer rematches have been dropped. Again. Especially with how useful it is for me in ORAS.
To be fair: since BW, that is what all first games in a new gen do, it will probably (hopefully) return in the next games.

Thought of another, mentioned by others, but want to elaborate as well: Alolan forms. So much potential and in the end poorly executed. But the good thing about this is that it opens up the possibilities for other regional variations. Maybe it's a good thing there were so little good ones this time since it can only get better from here on out.

I don't usually nitpick too much, but the lack of new mega evolutions was a bit of a dampener for me. I get why there weren't any, but still.

The scaling experience. Why did you bring it back, Game Freak, that was the worst part of Generation 5.

I can't walk into a store that carries pokemon merchandise without seeing a shirt or mug or something with "gotta catch em all" on it.
Then your store is outdated and only selling old merchandise then.

One thing that upset me were the amount of Pokemon and diversity in the rival's teams by the end game. Although Gladion is not considered your rival, I'll still include him in this post. Both Hau and Gladion only have a grand total of four Pokemon each by the time you challenge the Elite Four for the first time. Yup, four. As large as Alola is and the good 170+ Pokemon available to them both, they only deign to catch and raise four prior to the game ending. Then to add insult to injury, they each only acquire one more post-game, for a total of five. What is it with Game Freak not giving rivals good teams anymore? Where is the completeness?

Blue/Green, Silver and Barry all had rather impressive full teams of 6 Pokemon by similar points in the story (i.e. the final rival battle before you essentially become a Pokemon Champion). Thus when you battled them, it actually felt like a rival battle testing both party's skill, experience and overall strength. With more recent games, such as B/W/2, X & Y and ORAS, the rival battles have felt incredibly lackluster and dummied down.

Given how much more difficult Sun & Moon are than most core series games, I was honestly surprised and disappointed to see such an undeveloped rival (battle-wise).

The 5% chance of held items on wild Pokémon. Why has the Razor Claw been so tedious to obtain for three games in a row now?
Worse when Jangmo-o only has a five percent chance of even at all appearing. I got so fed up with hunting I had to request a trade-back with someone just to get Weavile's dex entry.

Worse when Jangmo-o only has a five percent chance of even at all appearing. I got so fed up with hunting I had to request a trade-back with someone just to get Weavile's dex entry.
A tiny bit off topic, but have you tried using a Pokemon with an item-detecting ability (such as Phantump) and using Adrenaline Orbs to provoke SOS calls for more of Jangmo-o's evolution line and KOing any that lack the item (which you can detect by switching with the Pokemon with the item ability or using a move to give you the item like Thief)? You'll keep the Pokemon out and get more of that Pokemon's help so you don't need to search all over again, and if I'm correct, Jangmo-o only call for their own species' evolution line.

That being said, I agree that getting a Razor Claw is still hard and I've yet to get it as of now.

My main complaint is that the linearity is still there. You'd think with an island region and a glorified NaviDex telling you exactly where to go and giving you detailed maps of the region that'd be enough to ease up on the railroading, but it's still there. That's the one thing keeping me from calling this a perfect game.

Would have liked to have seen a slightly bigger regional dex.

Ice Rock not available until near the end, once again removing any reason to evolve Eevee into Glaceon during the main story.

Beginning was a little tedious.

That's really all I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the same page, these are Balls that you can already buy in Poke Marts.
Then I clearly must not be looking at the right stores, because every Mart I've been to have only sold Poke Balls, Great Balls and Ultra Balls.

Then I clearly must not be looking at the right stores, because every Mart I've been to have only sold Poke Balls, Great Balls and Ultra Balls.

You gotta talk to the other guy at the counter. He sells different stuff depending on the mart, sometimes including poke balls

You gotta talk to the other guy at the counter. He sells different stuff depending on the mart, sometimes including poke balls
The second guy only sells TMs. Again, unless I'm looking at the wrong Mart, there are no special Poke Balls.

The second guy only sells TMs. Again, unless I'm looking at the wrong Mart, there are no special Poke Balls.

The menu for the second cashier varies from Mart to Mart. Not all of them sell TMs. Some sell specialty Balls and X items.

The Route 8 Center sells Dive/Dusk/Quick Balls
The Route 2 Center sells Heal/Luxury/Nest Balls
The Paniola Town Center sells Timer/Repeat/Net Balls

Heal Balls, Nest Balls, and Timer Balls can also be bought at the Thrifty Megamart on Royal Avenue

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom