• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
If its true, looks like Stars may be more than just a upgraded version of Sun and Moon, being more of a super sequel with new features. As for this supposed third Lycanroc form, I'd put my guesses it will just be another mono Rock-type, or if lucky, it could be a Rock/Fairy type. Rock/Dark also works for me.

I've put my guess on a 'Prism' Lycanroc form (Rock/Psychic). I speculated about Stars in its relevant thread, but my post seem fit to put here, too. So, I'll post it here.

"I had an idea. What if Alola Region is converted into Ultra Space over time?
The Ultra Space will be expanding, because the UBs want more space. And soon, the whole Alola Region will be under Ultra Space Area. Ultra Beasts will become capable of roaming around the region, and it will lead to a massive war between the UBs and the Tapus. The Tapus will lose, and over time, people will get used to living in Ultra Space.

The UBs will find a way to fuse with more people, and form 'Grunts' (a la Lusamine-Nihilego) of the UB organisation. The Player's mission will be to clear the trials+gyms fusion, clear the league, and help Alola get rid of Ultra Space energy.
There won't be a villainous organisation, but the UBs will be the villains.

Due to Ultra Space energy, some Pokemon willl develop new Alolan Forms, and new Forms for Lycanroc, and the Starters, which will focus on Stars and light.
Cosmoem will evolve into Necrozma due to this mutation.
This is the (my thought) Storyline of Stars.

I thought that the Fully Evovled starters in the 'Prism' Forms would change their typing. I noticed that the Alolan Starters are strong against their Kalos counterparts. What if the Prism forms are weak to the Kalos Starters?
Decidueye 'Prism' form: Grass/Dark
Incineroar 'Prism' form: Fire/Fighting
Primainrina 'Prism' form: Water/Psychic
Lycanroc 'Prism' form: Rock/Psychic"

There were still a bunch for Rotom, whereas B2W2 only had legendary forms.

Really, forms have nothing to do with the distinction between a third version, remake and sequel.
Yeah but that's rotom's gimmick just like cherim has a sun form.

When talking about NEW forms there is usually a story reason for it

Rotom didn't have those forms in Diamond/Pearl, they only exist in Platinum, and can't be traded back.

Rotom didn't have those forms in Diamond/Pearl, they only exist in Platinum, and can't be traded back.
Yeah but I mean his gimmick is possessing appliances and usually a Pokemon with a new form has story reasons behind it

Rotom is such a babe, I am honestly gonna miss Rotom pokedex if it isnt in the next game or the Sinnoh Remakes.

I legitimately crave a Rotom Pokedex form, make it a spare one or a replica or a prototype to explain why we can have it and our Pokedex at the same time.

Steel / Electric typing with Levitate would be great, and in terms of a steel-type move to learn Flash Cannon, Automize/Shift-Gear make sense and would be neato
I pray for it's addition to the game ;~;

There's so much that there is to speculate on next year. We could jump right to the Switch or stay on the 3DS. We could revisit Alola, Sinnoh, or Kanto. The possibilities are limitless!

There's so much that there is to speculate on next year. We could jump right to the Switch or stay on the 3DS. We could revisit Alola, Sinnoh, or Kanto. The possibilities are limitless!

Honestly the fact that a revisit to Kanto is even be speculated on in that list (its justified but) makes me kinda sad because it has no reason to reappear other than pandering. it got virtual console so i just hope we don't go to kanto again, honestly I think its a super bland region overall which is to be expected since it was the first one and they could only do so much.

Honestly the fact that a revisit to Kanto is even be speculated on in that list (its justified but) makes me kinda sad because it has no reason to reappear other than pandering. it got virtual console so i just hope we don't go to kanto again, honestly I think its a super bland region overall which is to be expected since it was the first one and they could only do so much.
My guess is between going to alola gain or revisit sinnoh, I don't know about kanto, I think we had enough kanto stuff as it is, I don't see in 2017, we'll likely to see it in the future but not 2017

Personally, I'm getting tired of Kanto pandering as well, but I'd give Game Freak a chance to make Kanto a more interesting region. It is probably the least interesting region to me as well, but I'd like to see it get a makeover someday.

20th anniversary was the perfect time for a Kanto region game. They didn't release them then so I think they just don't want to do it. But 25th anniversary can be a chance to do so tho.

20th anniversary was the perfect time for a Kanto region game. They didn't release them then so I think they just don't want to do it. But 25th anniversary can be a chance to do so tho.
We've had enough of Kanto.
1. Kanto has been present (or has been referenced) in some form or the other in every generation so far (except Gen V).
2. Lots of Alolan form slots were taken over by Kanto Pokemon. And also, they were designed so uselessly (looking at you, Persian and Dugtrio) that they look like some sort of teaser. Even devaintart artists have come up with much better concepts than this! (Not meant in an offensive tone)
Just Google "Alolan (Insert Pokemon here)", and you get lots of nice results which are better than what we have.

We've had enough of Kanto.
1. Kanto has been present in some form or the other in every generation so far (except Gen V).

People keep saying this and yet, Gen I stuff still sells very well.

Besides, all of its post-RBY appearances have been essential, and basically non-negotiable. Pretty much everybody loved going back there in GSC, to the point that people will keep asking for another game with a post-game region until the sun turns cold. FRLG were necessary to make all of the Kanto and Johto Pokémon available again, and were the first remakes ever. Totally justified in their existence. And then they really had no choice but to include it in HGSS (which were themselves in very high demand, thanks to FRLG setting that precedent); can you imagine if they'd left Kanto out of the GSC remakes?

On top of that, it's never been truly expanded or changed in the way that a sequel would necessitate. FRLG was largely just a graphical update with a set of islands stapled on; little about mainland Kanto was changed. And it took a more diminutive form in both GSC and HGSS.

(or has been referenced)

I really don't see why this one matters.

Johto has been referenced in every game since GSC
Hoenn has been referenced in every game since RS
Sinnoh has been referenced in every game since DPP
Unova has been referenced in every game since BW
Kalos has been referenced in every game since XY

I don't fully understand the Kanto hate, but I am a Genwunner for sure as the original Blue was my first PKMN game. I really do think, love and hate aside, the clues would point towards Kanto as being the location we see, if we even venture out of Alola.

This next thought isn't so much speculation as imagination, but I was thinking about this yesterday and thought it would be awesome. It would kind of make sense, but, again, not so much looking for responses of how unlikely it is as much as on if you think it would be a cool idea.

What if the Switch versions were two reboots of Red and Blue, where we journey solely through Kanto. However, it's 'modern day' Kanto, where PKMN of all Gens would be present, and certain characters from Gen 7 are encountered (Lillie, Lusamine) in the story. Technically, still a Gen 7 game, but Switch exclusive. In this idea, trading/battle connectivity would exist between systems, and would be the only way to get the original forms of Alolan mons. No new PKMN would be added, but the twist is, there would be about ten of the new PKMN added this Gen whom are now present in Kanto, but in Kanto forms. For example, maybe Salandit is found on Cinnabar, but only males evoke and get Poison/Dragon typing. Again, I don't expect this, but I would be very excited to play it.

Gen I gets the most attention because it has the most value to them in terms of sales and marketing, no rocket science there. I believe that RBY-fans still form the foundation of the Pokemon fandom, no matter how big of a fan they truely are. I think it makes a lot of sense fot them that appealing to those fans is way more important for both Nintendo and GF than to hardcore fans.

I sure as hell would want to travel back to Kanto. Yes, we've been there the most, but its also more than 8 years ago since we've been there. (not to mention that it was post game with zero plot relevance)

Back
Top Bottom