• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I'm also starting to get a bit tired of Kanto, really. I know and understand that it's where the series began but I'm beginning to feel more than a little alienated as a Pokémon fan. It's not my beginning. With Diamond and Pearl, the main games that truly brought me into the fold, up next for a remake amongst all this Kanto and Stars speculation... well, I'm going to be honest here and say that I feel as though my nostalgia is being pitted directly against everyone else's. It hasn't been pretty.

I wouldn't want them to just have Kanto but with another story as a game.

Save that as DLC or as a postgame, not charge full price for it.

Rotom is such a babe, I am honestly gonna miss Rotom pokedex if it isnt in the next game or the Sinnoh Remakes.
I wouldn't. Rotom was honestly the most pointless addition in S/M, and incredibly annoying as well. The only thing I liked about the Rotom Dex was how it kept track of your progress in percentage and how it also doubled as a map, but you don't need a talking Pokedex to achieve any of that. Seriously, I hate everything that comes out of its digital mouth, especially every time I fly over and just want to check the map.

That aside, returning to the actual conversation, I don't see Kanto happening as a postgame region, and I'm a Genwunner. Kanto as a postgame region was something that was specifically developed for GS and something that Game Freak really wanted at the time as GR's direct sequel. Kanto was only significant then.

I wouldn't. Rotom was honestly the most pointless addition in S/M, and incredibly annoying as well. The only thing I liked about the Rotom Dex was how it kept track of your progress in percentage and how it also doubled as a map, but you don't need a talking Pokedex to achieve any of that. Seriously, I hate everything that comes out of its digital mouth, especially every time I fly over and just want to check the map.

That aside, returning to the actual conversation, I don't see Kanto happening as a postgame region, and I'm a Genwunner. Kanto as a postgame region was something that was specifically developed for GS and something that Game Freak really wanted at the time as GR's direct sequel. Kanto was only significant then.

I don't see how rotom was able to be annoying, by design he never obscured your screen with messages unless you either just opened your game in which case he gave a short re-cap on what you could do or when you tapped him a bunch on the touch screen, he was done really well. I can understand you not liking him as in you feel indifferent to him but I honestly feel like there was nothing he did that could annoy people since he never hogs the screen

All generations aren't equal. They never were and never will be. Gen I kicked everything off and is the one that people grew up with. It's the generation that resonates with world wide popular culture in the late 90's. Gen I will always sell well. It's like using Mickey Mouse or Batman. It just sells.

I don't see how rotom was able to be annoying, by design he never obscured your screen with messages unless you either just opened your game in which case he gave a short re-cap on what you could do or when you tapped him a bunch on the touch screen, he was done really well. I can understand you not liking him as in you feel indifferent to him but I honestly feel like there was nothing he did that could annoy people since he never hogs the screen
He wouldn't just talk when you first booted up the game, he would also say some stuff whenever you flew off on Charizard and landed. That doesn't always happen, but it's happened enough for me. I don't need a talking Pokedex.

All generations aren't equal. They never were and never will be. Gen I kicked everything off and is the one that people grew up with. It's the generation that resonates with world wide popular culture in the late 90's. Gen I will always sell well. It's like using Mickey Mouse or Batman. It just sells.

Just to correct you there, Pokemon wouldn't have expanded to what it is now without the other gens. Pokemon wouldn't have lasted 20 years if it hadn't been for Gen II, III, IV, V, VI, VII.

It's also natural for a Japanese franchise to be grateful of how it began, how it originated, etc.
So, gen 1 pandering is quite natural for frankly, most Japanese franchises.

He wouldn't just talk when you first booted up the game, he would also say some stuff whenever you flew off on Charizard and landed. That doesn't always happen, but it's happened enough for me. I don't need a talking Pokedex.

Agreed. Rotom Dex was super annoying. I would prefer for it to never return. The map was good, and his commentary when registering new Pokemon was fine, but while in the overworld trying to play and travel and such, it was super annoying when he would keep popping up and obscuring my map to say some useless shit.

Just to correct you there, Pokemon wouldn't have expanded to what it is now without the other gens. Pokemon wouldn't have lasted 20 years if it hadn't been for Gen II, III, IV, V, VI, VII.

But it wouldn't have been popular in the first place without Gen I. But really, sure it was expanded but they wouldn't have existed without the first one. The thing is no matter how you feel about Gen I, it is the cash cow, the Michael Jordan/LeBron/Shaq of Pokemon rolled into one.

It will always sell and capture more attention and popularity than the other generations.

Haha, it is a weird feeling. I feel like I have to be a closet fan.
I too wish that Game Freak would stop pandering to Gen 1 so I can feel less targeted for being a Gen 1 fan. ='D

My thoughts on the whole thing is that Kanto was fine, great even considering it was the first one (it was very good for a first game) and a lot of the pokemon are super neato.

My only issue is when people who are referred to "Gen-wunners" begin to show harsh bias in judging new things in the games or new pokemon themselves, such as someone hating on Vanilluxe because "why would you ever base a pokemon off an ice cream?" but then refuse to acknowledge that far more design thought was put into Vanilluxe than designing Grim -> Muk family, or the fact that Magneton and Dugtrio are just three of the previous from.

My thoughts on the whole thing is that Kanto was fine, great even considering it was the first one (it was very good for a first game) and a lot of the pokemon are super neato.

My only issue is when people who are referred to "Gen-wunners" begin to show harsh bias in judging new things in the games or new pokemon themselves, such as someone hating on Vanilluxe because "why would you ever base a pokemon off an ice cream?" but then refuse to acknowledge that far more design thought was put into Vanilluxe than designing Grim -> Muk family, or the fact that Magneton and Dugtrio are just three of the previous from.

I can understand that, and I can kind of agree even. Personally, I hate Vanillite line. However, the Diglett line bothers me also. Magnemite gets my pass, though, because I like how they ended with Magnezone.

One big thing I feel gets overlooked about a Genwunner in my mold, though, is I don't hate on the other Gens. Torterra was easily a top 3 starter all gen to me, and I would be ecstatic for DP remakes, more so than a Kanto return. But again, if we have a Switch version set outside of Alola, it's hard to imagine it being anywhere but Kanto. If a PKMN Switch version is announced with a late 2018 release, I would believe in something non Kanto much easier.

Slightly off topic, but when Bank goes live, do we think we'll get an Update to unlock a National Dex in game??

To clarify, I haven't followed the datamine well, and am curious if flavor texts for non Alola Dex monsters are in the game files now, or if they would actually need to be injected via update. I feel like that would give a minor hint as to GF willingness to explore DLC.

Last edited:
To clarify, I haven't followed the datamine well, and am curious if flavor texts for non Alola Dex monsters are in the game files now, or if they would actually need to be injected via update. I feel like that would give a minor hint as to GF willingness to explore DLC.
Or it would be an update/patch akin to those the Gen VI games occasionally got. Not everything must point towards DLC. I feel like it would be a daft choice for paid content too, since those dex entries would then be added to Bulbapedia for the world to see at no cost.

I definitely don't think we'll be charged for a National Dex, by the way. Just seems like a big thing to leave for an update.

Interview translated first hand by nintendo with Junichi Masuda and:

Game Freak talks Pokemon - Alola Forms and potential return, series' future, more - Nintendo Everything

some TL;DR's:

Q: Future "Alola Forms"?
A: If we find a reason to do it in the future we defo will, it was well received

Q: Pokemon on the Switch?
A: (I'll just pure quote because its more unbias that way)
“Communication is very important for the Pokemon games. Where and how our players game is very important. For example, in Japan kids play in parks, in each other’s houses, together with their portable consoles. In Japan, portable consoles are far from dying, in fact, they are in better shape than home consoles. That’s why for us is important to keep the communication aspect, so people can join and get together to play.

No doubt Nintendo Switch is the future, but we will have to wait for it to come out to the market and study in what way can Pokemon benefit from it. When people get it, we will have to analyze how people use it and then think about how to develop future Pokemon titles and how to take advantage of the new console.”

Q: Diamond and Pearl remakes?
A: LOL idk LOL (im not even kidding)

Agreed. Rotom Dex was super annoying. I would prefer for it to never return. The map was good, and his commentary when registering new Pokemon was fine, but while in the overworld trying to play and travel and such, it was super annoying when he would keep popping up and obscuring my map to say some useless shit.

I think they could have done better first off they promise a talking pokemon so why not make it talk to other pokemon maube translate what the npc pokemon are talking about like why does that orunguru run away from his partner. I do think rotomdex along with pokefinder is a missed opportunity they could have make it that we could only capture rare pokemon thru pokefinder of make some events in where pokemon will join our team thru the help of rotomdex.

Back
Top Bottom