• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The other option is Eclipse, which I really hope isn't the game name. It would be too obvious and not very surprising. :/
To be fair "Pokemon Eclipse" sounds pretty cool when you say it aloud. Or it might be just me who thinks that.
I made a post about an alternate route we could take a few pages back, yet it was ignored.

If I remember correctly, there's only 7 empty lots. So there can be seven gyms for another change.

I thought there were eight empty lots at the very least:

Hau'oli City
Heahea City
Royal Avenue
Konikoni City
Malie City
Mount Hokulani
Route 15
Seafolk Village

Actually, come to think of it, I think the gym leaders would consist of the following: Ilima, Lana, Kiawe, Mallow, Mollayne, Nanu, Mina, and Plumeria (after Nanu sets her straight). If anybody is absolutely certain not to become a gym leader, it's Guzma, simply because he outright states that he has no interest in joining any Pokémon League. And yes, I know that Nanu outright refused the offer to join the Elite Four, but couldn't he just as easily shrug off the gym leader status as simply being an incumbent gym leader (rationalizing that those partaking in the Island Trials would have to challenge them as a Kahuna eventually anyways, so might as well save the trouble)? He may not even need a gym of his very own, either, just to show just how little he really cares about the status.

If I remember correctly, there's only 7 empty lots. So there can be seven gyms for another change.

This is why I hope Stars takes place at least a year or two after SM. That way, we could have more communities on the islands.

Or, provide the option to go for the Trials instead of the Gyms or vice versa.

I don't see any lot on Royal Avenue either. I do think those are good locations for gyms though.

This is what I would do for the gyms:

Hau'oli City- Ilima
Heahea City- Lana
Paniola Town/Royal Avenue- Kiawe
Konikoni City- Mallow
Malie City- Plumeria
Mt. Hokulani- Sophocles
Po Town- Guzma
Seafolk Village- Mina or a new character

@BubbleHearts, I think people would rather see gyms again in Stars, since GF did the same tradition for 20 years, plus those empty slots in Sun and Moon, does make since to see gyms return, I wonder if we have both trials and gym, I don't know how it'll work, what do you think?

@BubbleHearts, I think people would rather see gyms again in Stars, since GF did the same tradition for 20 years, plus those empty slots in Sun and Moon, does make since to see gyms return, I wonder if we have both trials and gym, I don't know how it'll work, what do you think?
Why return to gyms which has been done for so long when we can finally move away and try something new? Trials are one of the best ideas in a long while. They just need to get it right and a second time would help with that.

Why return to gyms which has been done for so long when we can finally move away and try something new? Trials are one of the best ideas in a long while. They just need to get it right and a second time would help with that.
Okay what about those empty slots in sun and moon, I think those would be gyms being constructed.

Okay what about those empty slots in sun and moon, I think those would be gyms being constructed.
Just like the Power Plants of Kalos, people could think that they mean something when they could mean nothing. Not everything has to be explained and developed on.

@BubbleHearts There's really not much of a difference between gyms and Trials, the main difference is that in gyms you're fighting trainers and in Trials you're fighting wild Pokemon. They're not really as unique as advertised, a lot of what Trials did gyms already did before.

Why not Sophicles?
Sophocles could be a rival of yours in the Pokémon League, and it's possible that, as cousins and partners, Sophocles and Mollayne could be splitting their duties instead of serving both roles.

The only possible toss-up would be Heahea City's Gym Leader--it could be Mallow. Or it could be Kahili while somebody else could become Elite Four (Sophocles in this case, perhaps?). The reason to take these things into consideration have to do with their respective hometowns, although I like to think that Mollayne could simply stay up on Mount Hokulani and would challenge you to a gym battle after you pass Sophocle's Trial (and if that empty lot isn't really an empty lot, then the gym could be shared with the Trial Site and instead be inside one of the rooms that's inaccessible to us).

@BubbleHearts There's really not much of a difference between gyms and Trials, the main difference is that in gyms you're fighting trainers and in Trials you're fighting wild Pokemon. They're not really as unique as advertised, a lot of what Trials did gyms already did before.
The Trial Pokémon belong to the Trial Captains though (except that Magmar belonging to that Hiker in Kiawe's Trial). Though given the absence of the Dragon-type Trial Captain (and the closest thing to an eligible candidate is simply an out-of-region superstar), that might be an exception rather than the rule.

Edit: Sorry. Double Post.

In fact, what if Necrozma isn't a mascot at all and Zygarde is instead? Now that would be surprising, and it would make sense. In SM, Zygarde is theorized to have come to Alola to deal with an impending threat, presumably the Ultra Beasts. Zygarde could easily take a prominent role in the plot in that way, and it would make more sense in that role than Necrozma would since it already represents the environment, or to put it another way, Earth. Zygarde actually makes more sense for a connection to Solgaleo/Lunala than Necrozma does right now.
Why stop at one or the other? Personally, I'd like for there to be one game with two mascots for a change. I'm thinking that there's going to be a parallel between Zygarde and Necrozma, both with how their formes work and their behavior. People have already speculated that Necrozma is just one part of a large whole, and the "Necro" in its name in combination with the above just screams "antagonist" to me.

Yes, I'm implying that the whole multiversal Ultra Beast mess the the reason Zygarde came to Alola were both caused by Necrozma.

Why stop at one or the other? Personally, I'd like for there to be one game with two mascots for a change. I'm thinking that there's going to be a parallel between Zygarde and Necrozma, both with how their formes work and their behavior. People have already speculated that Necrozma is just one part of a large whole, and the "Necro" in its name in combination with the above just screams "antagonist" to me.

Yes, I'm implying that the whole multiversal Ultra Beast mess the the reason Zygarde came to Alola were both caused by Necrozma.
Perhaps the Z in NecroZma's name could be another hint to your theory? It seems like an interesting letter choice next to the other letters in its name.

Perhaps the Z in NecroZma's name could be another hint to your theory? It seems like an interesting letter choice next to the other letters in its name.
Maybe a Wizard of Oz reference? Or Someone on the dev team played Final Fantasy IX/XIV?

I don't see any lot on Royal Avenue either. I do think those are good locations for gyms though.

Yeah, there's none on Royal Avenue or Mount Hokulani. There is one in Tapu Village, though. So there are seven in total.

Last edited:
If they did go back to having Pokemon Gyms, I think these places would be the best places to have a gym. Hau'oli City, Heahea City, Konikoni City, Malie City, Tapu Village, Royal Avenue, and Seafolk Village. These are all cities that either have empty lots or construction sites. The question though is, what about the last one?

Back
Top Bottom