• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Whatever they're saying now isn't to be trusted at 100%. They just released a game barely even over a month ago and there's no way they're going to admit to having another game on the way so soon. This part of the interview means nothing. Even if there wasn't a game coming to the switch they wouldn't admit to having another game in general coming yet anyway. Masuda has lied before to keep truths hidden and he'll likely do it again. At this point it's not in their interest to start talking up a new game yet.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Whatever they're saying now isn't to be trusted at 100%. They just released a game barely even over a month ago and there's no way they're going to admit to having another game on the way so soon. This part of the interview means nothing. Even if there wasn't a game coming to the switch they wouldn't admit to having another game in general coming yet anyway. Masuda has lied before to keep truths hidden and he'll likely do it again.At this point it's not in their interest to start talking up a new game yet.

Did you actually read the interview? they never mentioned there being or not being a pokemon game in the works, so they didn't need to (or rather couldn't) lie.

all the stuff they talked about is just more info to work with, no confirmation ofc.

Did you actually read the interview? they never mentioned there being or not being a pokemon game in the works, so they didn't need to (or rather couldn't) lie.

all the stuff they talked about is just more info to work with, no confirmation ofc.

I've read it and yes I realize they didn't explicitly say that they weren't making a game for the Switch, but people seem to have looked to this article to try and discredit the Stars rumor. I won't say that Stars is 100% real as at this point who really knows, but all I was saying is that them saying that they need to look at the market means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Games don't just get made over the span of a few months. If they're planning a new game for the Switch it'll have already been put into development at this point. It's likely a new game is coming out next year in general. That much while not certain, can be agreed. As far as it being on the 3DS or Switch I'd say I would align more with the Switch than 3DS. The 3DS is hitting it's limits and would offer them no technological reason to make another game that would look exactly the same (grpahics wise) on it. Anyway....I honestly didn't mean to write a paragraph here....My mind just goes sometimes and gets away from me...Sorry about that lol

If nothing is released for the Switch, I'd say the next game is either a set of sequels or even less like a third version. Even less likely would be downloadable content - which the games seem to have been setup perfectly for.

As much as I'd like to have D&P remakes, I don't see them happening on the 3DS, I'd say the odds of that are very close to zero.

I feel the only way to truly test the market and how PKMN work on Switch is by releasing something, then deciding whether or not more will be considered in the future. PKMN is easily the best selling mobile game anyone has, so I'm finding it difficult to imagine gauging the interest and longevity without releasing a PKMN game.

This is a good point people kinda never factored into previous debates:

Nintendo can afford to have a kinda iffy Nintedo Switch pokemon game in terms of sales, they are a huge company and the potential profits outweigh the potential loses, either way Nintendo will make a profit off the pokemon game because of the fanbase alone, the only thing that would ever change is how much of a profit they make, which will determine if future games come to Switch.

Pokemon shouldn't be on the Switch for a while. Releasing a Switch game now could be costly, especially in the sales department. Too few people will buy it.

Pokemon shouldn't be on the Switch for a while. Releasing a Switch game now could be costly, especially in the sales department. Too few people will buy it.

Since I'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over again to you, I'll just copy-paste a previous post of mine which clearly explains the benefits.

"
GF can endure lower Sales for Stars, so that we get a more polished Gen VIII, and Stars can be potentially a way to avoid another XY Complaints scenario. So, they're making a low-selling Pokemon game (whose cost price will be low, since a port (as some Stars Opposers have said that Stars is simply a port of SM) has a low cost price, so that's a deal-deal. Remember- Stars will be boosting the sales of Gen VIII by the way of a larger Switch fan base on the Switch."

Since I'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over again to you, I'll just copy-paste a previous post of mine which clearly explains the benefits.

"
GF can endure lower Sales for Stars, so that we get a more polished Gen VIII, and Stars can be potentially a way to avoid another XY Complaints scenario. So, they're making a low-selling Pokemon game (whose cost price will be low, since a port (as some Stars Opposers have said that Stars is simply a port of SM) has a low cost price, so that's a deal-deal. Remember- Stars will be boosting the sales of Gen VIII by the way of a larger Switch fan base on the Switch."
It won't. The costs outweigh the benefits. Stars will only get the usual sales of third versions, or maybe less. It will also create a massive compatibility issue, given that the Switch isn't backwards compatible with the 3DS.

Last edited:
Guys, let's just agree to disagree. This didn't get us anywhere last time. It will just be the same again. >_<

Eurogamer seems to think its not likely, but I'd love to see more new Pokemon for Gen VII. I was pretty disappointed that we got less than 100 again, though if the rumor does come true, it makes me question why they didn't bother to add them in Sun and Moon.

Introducing a few more new Pokemon mid gen is not too outlandish and impossible though. I mean, we have seen things like Kyurem getting new forms in the sequels and we did get new Megas in ORAS, so I don't think new Pokemon is impossible.

Last edited:
Eurogamer seems to think its not likely, but I'd love to see more new Pokemon for Gen VII. I was pretty disappointed that we got less than 100 again, though if the rumor does come true, it makes me question why they didn't bother to add them in Sun and Moon.

Introducing a few more new Pokemon mid gen is not too outlandish and impossible though. I mean, we have seen things like Kyurem getting new forms in the sequels and we did get new Megas in ORAS, so I don't think new Pokemon is impossible.
I agree completely. I feel like we will definitely get a few new PKMN. I guess the question becomes if this title will be a sequel or a third version. If a third version, I'd expect pat with exclusive lists we have now.

Okay I'm gonna be skeptical about this for a few reasons. The first of which being that I don't think Game Freak would risk pissing off the fanbase by adding new pokemon that they cannot catch in Sun and Moon (Precedent, when OrAs came out there is no update for X/Y to add the new megas), the 2nd possible reason would be Marshadow. With that said I can see something similar to the cited example.
  • New Alolan forms. Older Pokemon get new regional variants
  • New Mega-Evolutions. In this case its exactly like Or/As
  • Not new pokemon in general, but Pokemon new to the region of Alola. Like how most third versions and BW2 operated.
The first teo would allow them to get away with adding new pokemon without messing with dex completionists because the base form is still possible to get to Sun and Moon (or to Sun and Moon), the last is just a semantic point that allows Dex Completionists a way to complete the national dex without the need for bank and old games. Soemthing the franchise does for every other generation so far.

Back
Top Bottom